PDA

View Full Version : MRV of noCSO'd shows?

gorilla daddy
11-16-2004, 03:07 PM
I tried an MRV between a noCSO 4.01b2 (no superpatch) & 5.11b (Toshiba with shell access).

So all the certificates & network encryption are intact.

MRV transfers a show, 4.01b2 -> 5.11b. But playback didn't work on the Toshiba. After starting playback, it immediately would ask to delete the show.

If you extract the show from the Toshiba, it's unencrypted.

Why no playback? How does the noCSO garble the Toshiba's recording? What needs to change to make this work?

-- gd

mrblack51
11-16-2004, 04:44 PM
I tried an MRV between a noCSO 4.01b2 (no superpatch) & 5.11b (Toshiba with shell access).

So all the certificates & network encryption are intact.

MRV transfers a show, 4.01b2 -> 5.11b. But playback didn't work on the Toshiba. After starting playback, it immediately would ask to delete the show.

If you extract the show from the Toshiba, it's unencrypted.

Why no playback? How does the noCSO garble the Toshiba's recording? What needs to change to make this work?

-- gd

we saw this sort of behavior in the past. generally, it was if the show had decryption keys, but it wasnt encrypted. check the show with Alphawolf's tool (ciphercheck i believe) to see if it has an encryption key associated. if it has a key, try to clear the key and see if it plays back

gorilla daddy
11-16-2004, 05:57 PM
That didn't work for me. No big deal, just curious if anyone has this 4.01b2 CSO -> 5.11 MRV working.

-- gd

mrblack51
11-16-2004, 06:01 PM
That didn't work for me. No big deal, just curious.

-- gd

what happened when you tried? what did the show report as?

gorilla daddy
11-16-2004, 06:22 PM
crypcheck() checks for "f5467abd" but doesn't find it in the header. So the ciphercheck reports:

Encyption: "Yes"

but $cso says "No" -- it was either 0 or not there at all.

The extracted 5.11b show parses just fine. It isn't encrypted. Something is different about the header. Forcing the crypcheck(), and removing CommercialSkipOffset in csoscout doesn't fix it.

That's all from memory. I don't have my Toshiba subbed right now.

-- gd