PDA

View Full Version : Downloading..

dB02
11-21-2004, 02:06 PM
What would be the best way to download from the Tivo on to the xbox you think? That might be nice fro archiving and stuff....

Is there an easy way to insert them back into the tivo from the box?

bato
11-21-2004, 03:00 PM
My guess is, use mfs_ftp on your tivo, ftp the shows to your Xbox, so you need a ftp client in your Xbox. AFAIK the latest XBMC can handle ty files, so you can download them back to your tivo without trouble.

Hi8
11-21-2004, 03:46 PM
What would be the best way to download from the Tivo on to the xbox you think? That might be nice fro archiving and stuff....

Is there an easy way to insert them back into the tivo from the box?

Bato is correct... that is a good way to do it... I actually use TyExtract to do a daily extraction via MFS_FTP running on my TiVo(s) and drop them in a network path that my XBOX has a mapping to via SMB -

works like a charm... I can still use tytools to edit and burn to DVD-R if I like and just delete otherwise.

who would need to put a large HD in a TiVo I really don't know! I gennerally set my recordings to be deleted as needed... because everything is extracted each nite. Except what I inten to wacth off the TiVo.. sitcoms .. daily news etc..