PDA

View Full Version : PC MediaPortal

FredThompson
12-01-2004, 10:07 PM
http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/

This is a PC version of the XBox version which is so popular.

Could be a harbinger of really cool things to come if there are (D)Tivo-specific modules created.

It's got me excited about creating a full-screen schedule interface. Now, if only I had one of those modified Sony disc carousels...

malfunct
12-01-2004, 10:19 PM
http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/

This is a PC version of the XBox version which is so popular.

Could be a harbinger of really cool things to come if there are (D)Tivo-specific modules created.

It's got me excited about creating a full-screen schedule interface. Now, if only I had one of those modified Sony disc carousels...

I succesfully used mediaportal to play .ty files using the tyshow codec a while ago. All we need now is a module that does the scheduling and extraction on cue.

FredThompson
12-01-2004, 10:30 PM
I've started working on design of a scheduler. TWP is nice for what it is but quite awkward, I've always thought. I wonder if the schedule data could be automatically mirrored in the PC and a grid used to manage recordings as well as more powerful search. I'd also like auto-UNschedule for things which are already archived so tuners are more frequently available.

Haven't looked at tyshow in a looong time since it was forcing deinterlace. Bleech!!! Double frame rate is a far better option and no modification is best for TV output. Well, should be best.

malfunct
12-01-2004, 11:25 PM
I've started working on design of a scheduler. TWP is nice for what it is but quite awkward, I've always thought. I wonder if the schedule data could be automatically mirrored in the PC and a grid used to manage recordings as well as more powerful search. I'd also like auto-UNschedule for things which are already archived so tuners are more frequently available.

Haven't looked at tyshow in a looong time since it was forcing deinterlace. Bleech!!! Double frame rate is a far better option and no modification is best for TV output. Well, should be best.

It might be interesting to use etivo to pull the shows. wmv is more compact for storage anyways.