PDA

View Full Version : Playback duration off when playing TyStream in XBMC

mmmfishies
12-05-2004, 12:42 AM
I've been extracting shows from my DSR6000 for a while now, and I generally get them off of the TiVo so that I can store them on my PC and watch them on my XBox (through XBMC). In general, this works great and does just what I want.

One thing that I've noticed is that whether I play the raw .ty file from the TiVo or an MPEG/VOB generated by TyTool in XBMC, the duration of the show is wrong. It appears to be roughly proportional to the actual length of the show, but it always comes in way under the actual time. As I'm playing either type of stream, the current time will march right past the "duration", and continuing counting up until the show's over.

For example, the last Survivor shows a duration of 6:22, but the current time ends at around 43:00. "Van Helsing" is supposed to be 2:20:00, but the duration shows as 26:50.

Nero's ShowTime shows the right duration, so it doesn't look like the length information is corrupted. I wonder if it's the format of the extracted Ty or the decoder in XBMC? I'm using the latest CVS build of XBMC (11-30), for what it's worth.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Rob

mmmfishies
12-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Shameless bump.

Has nobody noticed this, or does nobody know why it behaves strangely?

For what it's worth, I noticed that VLC also seems to have the wrong duration, so it appears that some apps work and others don't.