PDA

View Full Version : Firefox: Remembering page location after clicking link?

mmmfishies
12-10-2004, 05:17 AM
I don't have Firefox set up to open a new window or tab when I clink on a link (my preference), so I find myself clinking links and hitting "back" from the context menu alot.

Does anyone know why FireFox, when viewing this board (and a small, select group of others), doesn't remember where one was on the original page after clicking a link and hitting "back"?

Just for fun, using FireFox, go to the list of posts in a forum, scroll down a bit, and click a link. Hit "back." Notice that you're now back at the top of the page.

Now, try the same thing in IE. See that you're back where you started on the original page.

One last thing: try the same experiment with cnn.com (or your other favorite message board). Chances are that it'll work fine in both browsers.

I'm assuming that it's something with the way that pages are being formatted on this board, but I don't know how the browser "remembers" where you were in the first pace, so I don't know what it could be.

I realize that tabs would "solve" this problem, but I'm fond of keeping my browsing for a particular forum in a single tab, and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Any thoughts?