PDA

View Full Version : Help with GOP Editor

ScottB
12-18-2004, 10:38 PM
I have my .ty file and I have created a DVD with it. Pretty cool. I want to take the next step and learn how to edit the commercials out.

I have created the key file and have it open in the GOP editor. I have marked segments in my cut list. What now? I don't know what steps to take next? Is there a post with directions for the editor that I overlooked?

Will I get a new key file out of the GOP Editor when its done?

Thanks,

ScottB

hayreass
12-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Go to File>>Save Cut List
or just x out of the window and tell it to save it
It will generate a .cut file that is used later

ScottB
12-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks. I got the cut file. Where does the cut file come into play? When I choose to make the VOB or MPG? Does the app pick the cut file up at that point?

Thanks,

ScottB

hayreass
12-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Yep, that's when it comes into play
Go through the whole process, and it will become self evident, you'll have a video with all your cuts removed

svennw
12-18-2004, 11:33 PM
I just went throught this trial and error recently and think I can answer your questions from a newbies perspective.

After making cuts save the file with the same name as the key file it will have a cut extension. Then go to mux vob and it will create a vob file with cuts taken out. The first time I tried it I had named my cut file x.cut and it would not process until I renamed it the same as the key file used.

Try that, I trust I have not mislead you.

Svennw

hayreass
12-18-2004, 11:41 PM
I just went throught this trial and error recently and think I can answer your questions from a newbies perspective.

After making cuts save the file with the same name as the key file it will have a cut extension. Then go to mux vob and it will create a vob file with cuts taken out. The first time I tried it I had named my cut file x.cut and it would not process until I renamed it the same as the key file used.

Try that, I trust I have not mislead you.

Svennw
I find that if you just don't mess with the default names it tries to generate, it works every time.
File>Save Cut List
Control>S
or x'ing out of the window all do this
Pretty sure the only way you can mess up the save is by doing a Save Cut List As...
(of course there are many ways to mess up your edit, but saving it is easy)

ScottB
12-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks guys. That makes a lot of sense. I will give it a shot.

ScottB

ScottB
12-19-2004, 12:52 AM
:D :D :D :D

Got it all working. Thanks for your help! Looks pretty good when its all done!

ScottB