PDA

View Full Version : Having Issues HElp Please

satout2
12-26-2004, 04:16 PM
I have a Phillips 6000 Tivo. Has been upgraded 2 years ago and worked fine. I relocated and it was in storage for about 5 months and the sat part is working fine but says i need to activate the Tivo subscription. Has 2.5.2 on it with lifetime sub. What can I do?

As always thanks for the help.

Satout :confused:

captain_video
12-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Call DTV and activate the DVR service for $4.99/month. I'm guessing your unit was not one of the very few S1 DTivos that actually had legit lifetime subs.

eastwind
12-26-2004, 04:32 PM
I have a Phillips 6000 Tivo. Has been upgraded 2 years ago and worked fine. I relocated and it was in storage for about 5 months and the sat part is working fine but says i need to activate the Tivo subscription. Has 2.5.2 on it with lifetime sub. What can I do?

As always thanks for the help.

Satout :confused:
If you are the original owner...call DTV and tell them what you told us. Shouldn't be a problem for them to reactivate it (since it has a lifetime sub) and that should be the end of it.

Did you plug it in and let it make a call? It occurs to me that it might need to do that one time just so DTV knows that it is the receiver that has a lifetime subbed TiVo DVR--not a new one that would be a monthly fee for them.

ew