PDA

View Full Version : Mplayer GUI for streaming on OSX

phaseshifter
12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Here's MPlayer OS X 2 recompiled for streaming on Mac OSX. Just do "File-Open Location" and enter tivo://ipaddress/fsid.
mplayer (homepage.interaccess.com/~scotts/mplayer.zip)

TheAvatar
12-30-2004, 12:06 AM
I get a "the URL is not correct format or cannot be handled by this application" error....

TivoSledge
12-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Worked for me, although it played a bit jumpy. When I set it to full screen, it crashed the player window. What cache size does it use?

phaseshifter
12-30-2004, 02:24 AM
I get a "the URL is not correct format or cannot be handled by this application" error....

That is the error you would get using Mplayer OSX 2 without the stuff I've changed. Maybe you already have that app and opened the wrong one?

phaseshifter
12-30-2004, 02:26 AM
Worked for me, although it played a bit jumpy. When I set it to full screen, it crashed the player window. What cache size does it use?

If you open the Preferences you can change the cache size using the slider at the bottom of the prefs window. The max size is 16 MB. You can also pass other options to mplayer right below that slider like, -vf pp=hb/vb/dr/al/lb , for deinterlacing.

expatkiwi
01-06-2005, 07:54 PM
props to phaseshifter, but I just cannot get this to work.

I'm running OSX 10.3.6. I was running Mplayer OSX 2.0b8r3 (from sourceforge). I downloaded this re-compiled version -2.0b9- and installed it as well. When I run this version, it loads fine - but will not play anything. i give an URL - i.e. tivo://ip.ad.dr.es/fsid and... nothing (no message, no error, no playback, no nothing - but it does peg my processor 100%). neither does it play back any local media (ty or mpeg) - it gives the same result. 2.0b8r3, meanwhile, still works (although, of course, will not stream ty).

Can anyone share any experience?

cheers,
expatkiwi.

phaseshifter
01-07-2005, 04:59 AM
props to phaseshifter, but I just cannot get this to work.

I'm running OSX 10.3.6. I was running Mplayer OSX 2.0b8r3 (from sourceforge). I downloaded this re-compiled version -2.0b9- and installed it as well. When I run this version, it loads fine - but will not play anything. i give an URL - i.e. tivo://ip.ad.dr.es/fsid and... nothing (no message, no error, no playback, no nothing - but it does peg my processor 100%). neither does it play back any local media (ty or mpeg) - it gives the same result. 2.0b8r3, meanwhile, still works (although, of course, will not stream ty).

Can anyone share any experience?

cheers,
expatkiwi.

you know what, I think you might need some libraries. TivoSledge posted an mplayer binary with the libraries in this thread http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=202895#post202895

doronk
01-15-2005, 01:24 PM
I am experiencing the same problem as Expatkiwi - I enter the appropriate URL for Tivo and experience huge CPU loads on my my dual G5 yet no video - I did download the the binaries recommended by phaseshifter with no difference. Has anyone been able to resolve this ? I am running a dual G5 OS X 10.3.7