PDA

View Full Version : RSS feed for DDB ??

Hi8
01-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Will DDB be providing an RSS feed of it forum? Very nice being able to use a RSSReader to see new posts ..

JJBliss
01-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Providing? Probably not. If you'd like to develop one, feel free.

BTW: Why would you post a legitimate question in the Sewer?

Moved to Questions and Comments

Hi8
01-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Providing? Probably not. If you'd like to develop one, feel free.

BTW: Why would you post a legitimate question in the Sewer?

Moved to Questions and Comments

humm.. the reason I asked was that I visit another forum that runs on the same engine - vbulletin, and I assumed it was intergrated within as a feature to be turned on or off, at the will of the sysop(a blast term from the past).

The one I refer to is for TimeTrax an XMRADIO Tivo like application for satellite radio. I'm providing a link (http://www.satelliteguys.us/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=84) keep in mind that it is the RSS feed link.

Perhaps they are doing something outside vbulletin, but to me it seems to be a better way to glob all my areas of interest in one front-end that kind of scrubs each sysop preferences for colors, font, layout etc.. of course if I respond or post I still must go to the site; but for the average keep up to date with the latest it's pretty nice...

I dropped into the sewer cuz thats where my mind was at the time.

alldeadhomiez
01-02-2005, 10:36 PM
humm.. the reason I asked was that I visit another forum that runs on the same engine - vbulletin, and I assumed it was intergrated within as a feature to be turned on or off, at the will of the sysop(a blast term from the past).

It's a add-on (hack). You can find a bunch of those sorts of things at vbulletin.org; they have a fairly active modding community.

I consider it a good thing that most of the gaudy features seen at satelliteguys.us are not included by default. That site makes my eyes bleed.

We will ask Vadim for his input on adding the RSS feed.

Hi8
01-02-2005, 11:10 PM
It's a add-on (hack). You can find a bunch of those sorts of things at vbulletin.org; they have a fairly active modding community.

I consider it a good thing that most of the gaudy features seen at satelliteguys.us are not included by default. That site makes my eyes bleed.

We will ask Vadim for his input on adding the RSS feed.

Thanks... I miss the days of 'un-clutter' I miss those days when gopher servers were more active than web servers, and veronica was the google of my eye ;-) and lynx the browser of choice.

Perhaps the genius that cut the trails can also solve some of the clog issues that corrupt the packets of today -and find more ways to squelch the noise. "Less is more" It just doesn't fit many business models.

NutKase
01-02-2005, 11:38 PM
I'll second the RSS feed. Been aching to try it.

NutKase

goony
01-21-2005, 02:07 AM
Thanks... I miss the days of 'un-clutter' I miss those days when gopher servers were more active than web servers, and veronica was the google of my eye ;-) and lynx the browser of choice.I still use Lynx quite a bit to download patches and suchlike onto Linux and Solaris servers, as well as "other uses" from time to time.

I'd vote for an RSS feed as well.

Shadal
01-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Enable RSS PLEASE!