PDA

View Full Version : tytools and disk error

slorenzen
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
i have followed the process of extraction using tytools. i end up with a video_ts folder with the created iso files in it. my understanding is to burn the contents of the ts_video folder to a dvd and it should play on a standard household dvd player. my dvd player displays disk error when i put the dvd in? am i using the wrong dvd's?

eastwind
01-07-2005, 06:53 AM
i have followed the process of extraction using tytools. i end up with a video_ts folder with the created iso files in it. my understanding is to burn the contents of the ts_video folder to a dvd and it should play on a standard household dvd player. my dvd player displays disk error when i put the dvd in? am i using the wrong dvd's?
Check the STICKY thread to see if your player is already known to not work with TyTool DVDs. If you don't find it, make an entry for your model and others might benefit. Also, try the DVD in otehr players if you can. And burn on RW media until you figure out the problem.

ew

captain_video
01-07-2005, 08:43 AM
There should also be an AUDIO_TS folder as well as the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder will be empty but if it's not there your DVD player may balk if it doesn't see it. It may not be a factor at all but it is something you may want to consider for future DVD compilations. Most people use Nero for burning their DVDs. Use the DVD Video option when selecting the type of project to burn.

The list of compatible DVD players is a good place to start but if your player is more than a few years old or it is not compatible with SVCD discs then it probably won't like Tivo DVDs.

fixn278
01-07-2005, 10:31 AM

You don't just burn the contents of the folder. The actual folder needs to reside in the root of the DVD.