PDA

View Full Version : What did I get with "LIfetime Membership"?

jsx
01-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I purchased the Sony T60 when TiVo first came out, and at the time I opted for a LifeTime subscription to TiVo.

Does any one know if this was just for that specific box, for a household of TiVos, etc?

Thanks

fixn278
01-11-2005, 10:38 PM
At the time, the lifetime sub was tied to the box. When DTV took over subscriptions, they transferred the lifetime sub from the box to the account. As long as the account was kept in service (and the account wasn't accidentally screwed up) the subscription applied to all Tivos.

jsx
01-11-2005, 10:50 PM
thanks for the info!

Fire3456
01-15-2005, 01:58 PM
What if you purchase a used Tivo that claims to already have life time service? I would suppose that service would only be for that unit? and not any additional units you added to your system?
Is the lifetime service transferable? Or is this just someone trying to scam.
Thanks

fixn278
01-15-2005, 05:05 PM
What if you purchase a used Tivo that claims to already have life time service? I would suppose that service would only be for that unit? and not any additional units you added to your system?
Is the lifetime service transferable? Or is this just someone trying to scam.
Thanks

You can't transfer lifetime service on a DTivo anymore. If someone is selling you a legit lifetime box, as soon as you activate it, it won't be anymore.

JJBliss
01-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Is the lifetime service transferable?
It might be if it's a Stand Alone, and the seller wants to go through the steps listed here (http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv090601.htm?)