PDA

View Full Version : HDTivo 720p 59.94 Sync issues

patriot
01-14-2005, 11:13 AM
I use a AVS script file to edit my HD shows. There are a few reasons I perfer this method. I have not had any issues doing HD shows from NBC, CBS, WB, UPN, HBO, or SHO, but when I try doing it to ABC and FOX, I have serious sync issues.

Fox and Abc uses the 720p 59.95 fps on their shows. I have found no way to get this to sync. The Video plays much faster then the Audio. Using Vdubmod to look at the mpa file and compairing it to the Audio, I see my m2a file = Frame 118911(0:33:03:832) The Audio is 1:00:07:150

Has anyone messed with this and found a way to fix it to lower the frame rate?

Here is a C&P of my AVS file.

[AVSINFO]
BLACKNESS = NO
NUMENTRIES = 14
AVSENTRY1 = LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Dtivo\Tools\MPEG2Dec3.dll")
AVSENTRY2 = LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Dtivo\Tools\Decomb510.dll")
AVSENTRY3 = LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Dtivo\Tools\YV12InterlacedReduceBy2\YV12InterlacedReduceBy2.dll")
AVSENTRY4 = +VIDEO
AVSENTRY5 = +AUDIO
AVSENTRY6 = AudioDub(Video,Audio)
AVSENTRY7 = +DELAY
AVSENTRY8 = ConvertToYUY2()
AVSENTRY9 = +TRIMS
AVSENTRY10 = ^telecide(order=1)
AVSENTRY11 = ^FDecimate(rate=23.976,threshold=0.8)
AVSENTRY12 = ^FadeOut2(25)
AVSENTRY13 = ^Crop(0,0,0,-8)
AVSENTRY14 = ^LanczosResize(480,360).AddBorders(0,60,0,60)
AVSENTRY99 = ^TemporalSmoother(2,1)

I have changed some of the things around trying to get this right like the telecide and FDecimate/Decimate and have not had much luck.

Any help would be great!
patriot

patriot
01-17-2005, 07:31 PM
no one have any ideal about this?

I been playing with different tools and getting other ppl to help me from other forums, but their prob is they dont have a tivo and things are slightly different. I was hoping someone here are seen the same issues and can identify why this is a issue and hopefully know of a work around.

Patriot

bcc
01-18-2005, 12:53 AM
I just looked at a supposed 720p FOX HD broadcast. While the video had a reported frame rate of 59.94fps, the observed frame rate was more like 20fps. The difference was because of directv's use of repeat frames. Playback on the tivo (or mplayer) works at the expected rate because of pulldown.
Looks like you're using a script that is assuming you need to do inverse telecine without checking the MPEG picture_coding_extension to see if it should or not. I suspect you'd have better luck editing with videoredo tho I haven't tried it myself.

rung
01-18-2005, 06:07 AM
I just looked at a supposed 720p FOX HD broadcast. While the video had a reported frame rate of 59.94fps, the observed frame rate was more like 20fps. The difference was because of directv's use of repeat frames. Playback on the tivo (or mplayer) works at the expected rate because of pulldown.
Looks like you're using a script that is assuming you need to do inverse telecine without checking the MPEG picture_coding_extension to see if it should or not. I suspect you'd have better luck editing with videoredo tho I haven't tried it myself.I wonder how tough it would be to write a utility that would expand those repeat frames in the directtv streams to make the mpegs more compatible?

bcc
01-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Good chance there's already an avisynth filter that does this. Could just go back to the avisynth forum and figure out the right question to ask (I'm not sure what the right question is actually :)?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=88201