PDA

View Full Version : Pop Mail Fetcher TPOPD TCL script

cojonesdetoro
01-28-2005, 02:05 PM
This is the tpopd tcl script (Copyright (c) 2002 Douglas Mayle).

It seems that it's hard to find now. I found a dead link at the alt.org tivo wiki forum and TC was no help so I post it here for posterity.

I believe this is the original unmodifed version provided by Douglas. I did not write nor modify this app and could not find any information that would indicate restrictive distribution. If posting this was incorrect then please delete this post and accept my apologies.

It runs as a daemon process that periodically gets Email from a pop server and injects it into Tivo messages. I modifed my own copy to just fetch Email once and exit so I can run it periodically from RAM

(EDIT: I meant "cron" not "RAM" )

(no sense having a TCL session running all the time). I also notice that some times it fails silently so it could probably use some code to verify successful delivery.

The file is a tgz file so rename it accordingly (see the file name :-) )

Enjoy

John1980
05-24-2005, 02:07 AM
It seems that it's hard to find now. I found a dead link at the alt.org tivo wiki forum and TC was no help so I post it here for posterity.

I also made a few modifications to it and posted a "revived" thread (on TC) here (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=2731370#post2731370). It includes a few changes which may be of use to people. [Note: if you set the time interval to 0 it will run once and exit]