PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!! Please

lancek23
09-24-2001, 11:08 AM
I just recently stopped my service with tivo I had a liftime sub....I cancelled because I recently read that you could modify you script in your tivo to get tivo features without paying....I have tried everything that I have read and still I can't get it to work No record features no nothing any help into the matter will be greatly appreciated...I have tried to run fixup and the others but to avail... I am running 2.0.1 I am open to suggestions at this point...Would like to get back up and running this week because of start of new season... I would also like to know where to get the mfstools library file to make it run I have a virgin image of the exact same unit tried to restore but need some file it was telling me..Could it be that I have subed and that is why it won't work do i need a virgin drive.....

Someone please help

kspades
09-24-2001, 12:21 PM
Why would you STOP a lifetime sub? Dont you pay for lifetime upfront? That money is already gone man, should have kept your lifetime and add more space to it. IMHO

synthesis
09-24-2001, 06:46 PM
yeah, doesn't everybody cancel an already paid lifetime subscription to try importing guide data? LOL.

lancek23
09-24-2001, 09:47 PM
I stopped the service because I got tired of paying dave each month for service and if you turn off one the other goes with it. And I knew that I could get it for free both ways.

zo6vette
09-29-2001, 03:55 AM
even if you cancel directv.. you don't have to cancel tivo.. that lifetime is permanent to your tivo box..

besides.. i would at least give dave the $23..

Mav2000
04-22-2002, 01:08 PM
So zo6vette,

Your saying that I can sign up for DirecTV subscription and purchase TiVo lifetime service and then cancel my DirecTV sub? Would the Tivo service ( daily calls) and what not still work if I used other means of getting DirecTV service... ahemm (emu) ;)

I would really appreciate an answer to this as I want to get a lifetime sub to Tivo for my DTivo but not sub to DTV as I'm in Canada.

Thanks.

:)

Switch17
04-22-2002, 08:46 PM
You really need to keep both the directv and the tivo either both subb'd or not subb'd at all. The issue goes back to the phone line. Say you paid for a lifetime Tivo sub, and then a month later cancelled you directv service. Now you get crazy and put a 3M on your directv card or use an emu (both of which are not discussed here). Well, in 30 days, your subb'd tivo is going to want to call home, and guess what, tivo and directv do share some basic information.

Its a risk to use your lifetime subb'd tivo with a phone cord in it which would give dave some knowledge that you are watching all these channels without paying.