PDA

View Full Version : .tivo in one step with TMPGEnc?

rickytv
02-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Right now I'm using the .tivo batch tools to do a conversion of the .tivo files I've copied over, and then using TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress to edit out commercials.

Is there a way to convince TMPGEnc to use the Tivo .dll so that I don't have to do this in two steps - i.e. that I can pull the file into TMPGEnc and then edit and generate a new .MPEG without the TiVO wrapper stuff? If I pull the .tivo into TMPGEnc directly, I see the first half of the frame (top usually) only.

TIA!

Hippy
03-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Before I started using this http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41388 I used TMPGEnc 2.5 to convert and edit.
I found that I could only get the .tivo file to load about once out of five trys.
Then by trial and error I figured out that if I first open the file with Media Player, enter the password a get it ready to play, then TMPGEnc would properly load and process the file. I was even able to batch several files for conversion.

flex0rz
04-12-2005, 05:20 PM
How do I get TMPGEnc to load the tivo file in order for it to be converted?

I have version 2.5, but all I see are two seperate sources, one for video, and one for audio. I can't seem to find a setting that will let me select only one file to be converted (the .tivo file).

If I try to add the .tivo file as the video source, TMPGEnc spits out an error message "File "c:\foo\foo.tivo" can not open, or unsupported."

I even tried ricky's way, with opening the .tivo file ready to be played back and then trying to add it to TMPGEnc, but I still get the same error.

Am I even adding the file to the TMPGEnc project right, or is there another way?

Thanks!