PDA

View Full Version : Need Donations?

hayreass
02-22-2005, 12:27 AM
I can't help but notice the new banners popping up all over the place, and the sponsored link box after every 1st post.
Gotta admit, I'm not a huge fan.
I keep going to posts, and trying to scroll down, but end up having to wait while some advert loads.
It even seems to happen on every page of a multi-page thread.

I know I've donated before, and bet you could drum up some more cash with another donation request providing the ads go away.

Still the best TiVo site around.

Just a thought....

Vadim
02-22-2005, 01:17 PM
I can't help but notice the new banners popping up all over the place, and the sponsored link box after every 1st post.
Gotta admit, I'm not a huge fan.
I keep going to posts, and trying to scroll down, but end up having to wait while some advert loads.
It even seems to happen on every page of a multi-page thread.

I know I've donated before, and bet you could drum up some more cash with another donation request providing the ads go away.

Still the best TiVo site around.

Just a thought....

Actually the idea of moving the google code below the first post is to test where it works better.

Also, the header was actually cleaned up. We'll see what happens.. Right now the adverts are gone after the first post, it was supposed to be there for like 12 hours to see the reports.

Thanks

hayreass
02-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Gotcha....
Personally I like it better in the header.
I noticed it pop up up there the other day when you were cleaning up the header.
Were you looking for reports from users, or from the server?
If not from us, I'll sit back and keep my mouth shut.
If looking for reports from us, guess I'm the only one that noticed.

Vadim
02-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Actually I was looking for a report from google, I'm considering moving it there if it makes sense, that's why I did this for like 12 hours, it'll probably happen again for another 12-24 hours within this week.

The popup was not from this site, I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE pop-ups! tons of times advertisers offered popups and I think long time ago I even tried it for a few days or hours and I hated it more then anything. So you'll never see popups on this site!

The header should actually be cleaner then what it was before.

hayreass
02-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Sorry, bad phrasing....
I should have said I noticed the Google bar SHOW up the other day while you were working on the header.

Never had a DDB pop-up, and wouldn't expect to. We all appreciate that you hate them too.

Oh man. I hope it doesn't make sense to put the advert in the middle of a page.

What's the goal?
It looked like the advert was content specific, so is there a kickback for click-through's?