PDA

View Full Version : trying to get usb2 to work on my RID dvr80 at 4.01b

bbsux
03-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Dvr80 with 4.01b 250 gig ( so I have the lba48 kernal loading)

using these drivers (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187485&postcount=4)

I can't get the usb 2.0 modules to load... I keep getting errors and it seems when I change to the other version it says it was compiled for it changes the error to the other version...

(ax8817x.o is a renamed copy of usbnet.o ... I don't know how to symbolic link)

What am I doing wrong?

001_bash.init

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=/sbin:/bin:/tivobin:/busybox:/tvbin:$PATH:/tivo-bin:/var:/var/hack:/var/hack/bin
export TIVO_ROOT=
export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
export IGNOREEOF=1000
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/lib/modules
export TERM=xterm
export PS1='\h:\w$ '

insmod /lib/modules/usb-ohci.o
insmod /lib/modules/usbcore.o
insmod /lib/modules/usbnet.o
insmod /lib/modules/ax8817x.o

/bin/bash -login</dev/ttyS2&>/dev/ttyS2&

tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
/tivo-bin/tivoftpd
/tivo-bin/fakecall.tcl

hayreass
03-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Download usbobj2.4.27-20041024.tar.bz2 from the link you provided.
Extract all the files to your desktop, you should end up with a folder called usb-2.4.27, with an obj folder in it. In the obj folder you'll find a 2.4.18 folder. That's your guy.
Ftp over the files you need from that directory to /lib/modules.
Get rid of your insmod commands in that file you posted, you don't need them 4.0.1b loads the drivers for you.
You could insmod usbcore.o in a file that loads early on like test.conf and add log2_irq_thresh=4 to its line. That sped things up a lot for me.
rename your ax8817x.o file to something else.
Then while you are in your /lib/modules folder in a telnet session, enter the command
ln -s usbnet.o ax8817x.o That will create your symbolic link
Reboot

bbsux
03-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks so much, I was working on it for so long I couldn't see the forest thru the trees....

Seems to be working now...

hayreass
03-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Anytime Fry.....

alldeadhomiez
03-19-2005, 07:58 PM
insmod /lib/modules/usb-ohci.o
insmod /lib/modules/usbcore.o
insmod /lib/modules/usbnet.o
insmod /lib/modules/ax8817x.o

Interesting strategy... what kind of output did you see when you tried this by hand?

bbsux
03-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Interesting strategy... what kind of output did you see when you tried this by hand?

Errors mostly...

I didn't even consider the fact that they load automatically...

AhoyMatey
03-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Errors mostly...

I didn't even consider the fact that they load automatically...You can load them yourself, but the problem is that you need usbcore to loaded first. You can't load anything (like usb-ohci) before you load usbcore. Trying to load ax8817x after loading usbnet shouldn't work - they're the same module. For the custom (Jamie and alldeadhomiez) USB modules, I think that usb-ohci is part of usbnet. Right, ADH?