PDA

View Full Version : Dire need for Tivoapp for 6.2

AuburnCougar
03-23-2005, 08:29 AM
I tried upgrading my system last night, and apparently did not copy a killhdinitrd kernel over properly to my system. I had edited the tivoapp and so when I rebooted it wiped it out since it wasn't correct. Now I have a silver paper weight, unless I can get tivoapp back on it. I installed 6.2-1-2.0-321 if that makes any difference. Also the dhclient and netfilter-enable files were wiped also if someone would be willing to send those my way as well.
Thank you so much,
AC

eastwind
03-23-2005, 09:11 AM
I tried upgrading my system last night, and apparently did not copy a killhdinitrd kernel over properly to my system. I had edited the tivoapp and so when I rebooted it wiped it out since it wasn't correct. Now I have a silver paper weight, unless I can get tivoapp back on it. I installed 6.2-1-2.0-321 if that makes any difference. Also the dhclient and netfilter-enable files were wiped also if someone would be willing to send those my way as well.
Thank you so much,
AC
Why not reboot your previous version and upgrade again?

ew

AuburnCougar
03-23-2005, 09:14 AM
when I flipped the bootpage the Tivo would send the hard drive into sleep mode

eastwind
03-23-2005, 09:15 AM
when I flipped the bootpage the Tivo would send the hard drive into sleep mode
Flipped and changed the parameters?

ew

AuburnCougar
03-23-2005, 09:45 AM
I used this command:

bootpage -P "root=/dev/hda7 dsscon=true console=2,115200 upgradesoftware=false" /dev/hda

should I then have done:
bootpage -B 6 /dev/hda

PlainBill
03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
I used this command:

bootpage -P "root=/dev/hda7 dsscon=true console=2,115200 upgradesoftware=false" /dev/hda

should I then have done:
bootpage -B 6 /dev/hda
First of all, did the DirecTiVo complete the database conversion? If it did, you're hosed until you get the files you need.

The command you used will only work in the TiVo. Assuming the Tivo drive is hooked up to a computer as secondary master,

bootpage -p /dev/hdc to determine the active root (I'll assume it says root is /dev/hda4)

bootpage -P "root=/dev/hda7 dsscon=true console=2,115200 upgradesoftware=false" -C /dev/hdc

Then verify it 'took' with bootpage -p /dev/hdc

Next, use bootpage -b /dev/hdc to determine the boot partition, followed by bootpage -f /dev/hdc to swap the boot partition, and once again, use bootpage -b /dev/hdc to verify it worked.

PlainBill

AuburnCougar
03-23-2005, 10:09 AM
how can I tell if it did the database conversion. I copied what it outputed when I used installSw.itcl, if that would tell you if it completed it or not. When I did the reboot of the system, it went through and deleted all the files on hda4 that I had modified and then reboot, and now it just sticks on the "Few more minutes" screen.
I know I am asking alot for someone to send me those three files, but that is the quickest way that I could get this thing up and running, that I can think of right now.

PlainBill
03-23-2005, 10:20 AM
how can I tell if it did the database conversion. I copied what it outputted when I used installSw.itcl, if that would tell you if it completed it or not. When I did the reboot of the system, it went through and deleted all the files on hda4 that I had modified and then reboot, and now it just sticks on the "Few more minutes" screen.
You've answered the question. The database conversion takes place AFTER the reboot, and a screen comes up which says (roughly) "Converting the database, this will take an hour." I'd say you haven't gotten that far. Flipping the bootpage as outlined above IS worth trying.

PlainBill

AuburnCougar
03-23-2005, 10:25 AM
awesome, thanks for that bit of info, at least I know I am not completely SOL right now then. The one thing I am wondering now, is that since I ran the 6.2 update, did it wipe out the slices, and now I have to wait for them to dl again?

PlainBill
03-23-2005, 10:28 AM
awesome, thanks for that bit of info, at least I know I am not completely SOL right now then. The one thing I am wondering now, is that since I ran the 6.2 update, did it wipe out the slices, and now I have to wait for them to dl again?
No, it didn't wipe out the slices.

PlainBill

AuburnCougar
03-23-2005, 03:17 PM
I installed the tivoapp that I got, and was able to get the Tivo working on converting the database, unfortunetly I had to leave the house to head back to work, so I will have to see how all of it went later today. Thanks for the files.