PDA

View Full Version : MyHD MDP-130

patriot
03-25-2005, 12:29 AM
I just bought this card. I was hoping to use it like a pvr and use some of the archived files from my HD Tivo with it. I have read some of the issues of having to redo them with VLC, well guess first things first.

Are there any users here that has bought this card (MyHD MDP-130) yet?
If so, is there a good support forum for it somewhere? One of the problems I am having is, I tell it to record a OTA Channel, and it records the wrong one from the same station. I am guessing this has something to do with subchannels. Is there a way to make it record the right one?

other then that main problem, I love this card :) and cant wait to use it with stuff from my tivo also!!!

mrwalker66
03-25-2005, 09:32 AM
this long thread is the best that i have found on the mdp-130...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=493691

patriot
03-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks, I will give it look over :)

laserfan
03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
...I tell it to record a OTA Channel, and it records the wrong one...You said OTA, but did you mean cable? There is a "beta" thread at AVS that talks about problems with cable channels that you need to look at then also.

I have a MyHD 130 also, but haven't played with the recordings at all yet (i.e. saving to disc). I have been hoping that maybe TyTool will work with them. Will be interested to see if your HD Tivo streams play thru the MDP-130.

patriot
04-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I have been so busy with school and midterm this past couple weeks that I have not had time to do anything to the card.

I have comcast cable and not sure if the cable works yet or not. I did hook it up and did a breif test but it did not receive any channels at all off it. I think it was due to the crappy RG59 cable that was installed in the house. I will run some new RG6 when I get more time.

The OTA works fine execpt for the subchannel for ABC records the wrong station.

I will try to keep this updated as I find time to test and learn on it. One thing I would like to know, is anyone has use MyHD card with Myth TV?

more later
Patriot

desplaines
04-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I have a MyHD MDP-120 (the previous version). It can play MPEG-2 and VOB files from the HD Tivo (as created by TyTool), but fast-forward and rewind do not usually work. Also, if you 'drag the time bar' too much, you can lose audio from the program. (These comments refer to tests I did a few months ago; I have not tried HD Tivo files with it lately.)

If you convert MPEG files into TS files using VLC, the ff/rew will work fine without audio problems.

patriot
06-04-2005, 11:24 AM
The OTA works fine execpt for the subchannel for ABC records the wrong station.

Patriot

I noticed that I never updated this.
I did figure out how to make it record the ABC Channel, seems it was recording it the whole time but when I went to veiw the recording I only seen the other subchannel. all I had to do was change the channel. :)

I wonder if I am the only who did not figureout that both stations where recording into one file.

I also found that using ProjectX and Mpg3Cut2, I can make some very nice encodes. This works well with FOX which does not have a subchannel.

I am still playing with trying to extract the right subchannel with ProjectX. It seems to only extract the Weather and not The ABC channel I want.

As far as the cable goes, Changing the cable from RG59 to RG6 did fix the problem and I now have my cable channels working as well.