PDA

View Full Version : javahmo and shoutcase behind iptables firewall

lgkahn
04-01-2005, 01:47 PM
I am trying to get shoutcast working to my dtivo 4.0.1b behind my linux bridge box with an iptables firewall..

anybody know what ports/protocols I need to open up... also do they need to be opened up to the pc running javahmo or to the tivo itself.. because curretnly all outside packets are blocked to the tivo... I tried opening up port 8000 to the pc running javahmo but still no go when trying to pull in a stream on the tivo..

thanks in advance..

I also had problems with the javahmo email addtion.. the imap wouldn't authentice with my imail server but pop3 seems go work?????

lgkahn
04-01-2005, 06:47 PM
no one has setup javahmo behing a firewall???

justmike
04-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Well I started to go down this road as I run desktop firewall software behind a hardware linksys so all I can tell you is that it was so may that I ended up just allowing the Java app on the PC to talk out any port that it wanted. Not the best in the world but it was about the only way I could get it to work.

:cool:

lgkahn
04-01-2005, 10:07 PM
thanks unfort. the iptalbes firewall already allows all outgoing traffic ... it is the responses back/incomming that I have to figure out what they are....

alldeadhomiez
04-01-2005, 10:25 PM
thanks unfort. the iptalbes firewall already allows all outgoing traffic ... it is the responses back/incomming that I have to figure out what they are....

So are you using the LOG target or a sniffer to see what's getting denied during an attempted connection?

Have you determined whether or not you need to forward broadcasts?

lgkahn
04-01-2005, 11:06 PM
it appears the javahmo shoutcast module is just not working I turned on logging of all incoming packets both tcp and udp to the box running javahmo and allowed everything back in and it is still not working..

same problem with the mail module... imap gives me a failed authentication and pop3 works but always says there is no new mail on the server.. when in fact there is...