PDA

View Full Version : XBMC and .tmf

TivoWare
04-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Is there a way to get XBMC to play .tmf files? I see that Tivo-Mplayer (http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/) supports this, but I guess the mplayer compiled for the xbox does not. I took a chance and added .tmf o the video file types so they do show up under video but I get if an generic error in the logs. I ask this because I have many recordings in this format stored on a server.

So far I am happy with my softmod!

mrblack51
04-01-2005, 02:00 PM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27602&highlight=xbmc+tivo
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34868&highlight=xbmc+tivo

AlphaWolf
04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
I remember them adding TMF to XBMP, but I don't think it has ever been added to XMBC which was started after the TMF patch was made to XBMP.

TivoWare
04-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, I found instructions on how to compile a new mplayer.dll for XBMC. I did a test compile for the latest CVS and I was able to make a working mplayer.dll so I moved onto the next step.

I merged the changed made in demux_ty in tivo-mplayer with the demux_ty in XBMC and after a few changes got it to compile.

The good news is I got it to play .tmf files!

The bad news is now normal .ty files cause mplayer.dll to crash which then brings down XBMC.

I also have an issue with XBMC not liking the long file names I have on all my .tmf files. (ex. {John Ratzenberger's Made in America}{2004-12-07}{Yankee Candle}{08.30 PM Fri Mar 21, 2003}{TRAV}.tmf ) not sure if it is the length or the brackets, or because it's on a samba share. I need to look into that more.

So now I have working TMF and broken TY and no idea how to fix it. Since I don't have many TY files I am happy but I was hopeing to submit a patch so everyone could enjoy TMF support.

TivoWare
04-14-2005, 05:06 PM
I think I found a chunk of code in the XBMP that will fix my problem with TY files anfter the TMF update.

If anyone would like to test my mplayer.dll on their xbox just send me a PM and I will send it to you. You don't have to have XDK to compile the dll so anyone can do it.

TivoWare
04-15-2005, 01:29 AM
Finally got it working like a champ! I found that there was another demuxer that would sometimes detect a Tivo file as it's format and cause mplayer to crap out. I had to move the detection of Tivo files more towards the top.

Even my long file names play now, they must have been getting detected wrong also.

My XBMC is running the lastest version from xbins and my own mplayer.dll which now plays TY, TY+, TMF, and streams from the Tivo. This is so sweet!

Now I wonder if I can get TyShow to play TMF now :P

tmembrino
04-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Any chance of posting the updated mplayer.dll that plays .tmf's?

Thanks

TivoWare
04-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Here it is. I had to split it because of the 2MB limit.
Let me know how well it works for you.

(Be sure to backup your orignal in case it does not work for you)

Also you must add .tmf to the <videoextensions> section in XboxMediaCenter.xml

Hi8
04-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Here it is. I had to split it because of the 2MB limit.
Let me know how well it works for you.

I tried it but couldn't get it to work... it would freeze my XBOX -

I just placed it in the mplayer folder - renamed my original .old and added the extension to my video .xml

didn't even play the prevoius mpg or avi files... ??? the audio mp3 files played, however it would lock up on those as well.

I must admit I'm running an earlier version of XBMC - 1.0 or 1.0.1 I guess I'll have to grab the latest and try again...

TivoWare
04-16-2005, 12:06 PM
...and added the extension to my video .xml

don't you mean .tmf?

As far as the lockups that kinda sucks. I am running xbmc-2005-04-01.rar and built the mplayer.dll from the latest cvs. I'll have to see if I can pull down old versions and compile for that also. I did play some other files I had laying around mpg, avi, mp3, divx and they seemed fine

Hi8
04-16-2005, 12:08 PM
don't you mean .tmf?

As far as the lockups that kinda sucks. I am running xbmc-2005-04-01.rar and built the mplayer.dll from the latest cvs. I'll have to see if I can pull down old versions and compile for that also. I did play some other files I had laying around mpg, avi, mp3, divx and they seemed fine

yeah, I meant I added the.tmf extension to the XboxMediaCenter.xml file ..

I getting the 04-01 release as I type.... so don't bother compiling for me...

Hi8
04-16-2005, 12:40 PM
yeah, I meant I added the.tmf extension to the XboxMediaCenter.xml file ..

I getting the 04-01 release as I type.... so don't bother compiling for me...

Ok, I grabbed and installed the latest... seems to work better now. Well I should say it "works" now GREAT thanks!

I do see a problem with FF though, the OSD indicator doesn't appear, and if I hit the "B" button for back.. or other buttons to get me back to the XBMC menu it frezzes.

So Close ....

TivoWare
04-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I do see a problem with FF though, the OSD indicator doesn't appear, and if I hit the "B" button for back.. or other buttons to get me back to the XBMC menu it frezzes.

Thats really odd. I must have watched over 20 shows in TMF format now and FF through commercials and everything worked great. I also played with probably 50 more just trying to get it to fail on any. I also have tried every other format I could find with no problems.

What format was this file and where was it located? Most of mine are on a SMB shares and a few on the HD. I was really hoping I had something stable. What you did you upgrade did you overwrite or rename your old XMBC and start clean?

I see some others have downloaded it! Lets hear from you!

Hi8
04-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Thats really odd. I must have watched over 20 shows in TMF format now and FF through commercials and everything worked great. I also played with probably 50 more just trying to get it to fail on any. I also have tried every other format I could find with no problems.

What format was this file and where was it located? Most of mine are on a SMB shares and a few on the HD. I was really hoping I had something stable. What you did you upgrade did you overwrite or rename your old XMBC and start clean?

I see some others have downloaded it! Lets hear from you!

not clean ... I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I'm rebuilding my second xbox now, and I'll do a clean install on that one and give it a shot.

Hi8
04-17-2005, 08:53 AM
not clean ... I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I'm rebuilding my second xbox now, and I'll do a clean install on that one and give it a shot.

OK ... wow what a difference... it works like a champ!

thanks again for your work on this... .tmf format plays like everything else! I now off to downloads some new skins... as my old one's no longer work; I miss media portal!