PDA

View Full Version : learning to search (was: DTivo 3.1.1c Why Upgrade?)

darrin75
04-03-2005, 08:55 PM
I have 3.1.1c on my DTivo. I just have a small question, what would be the advantages to upgrading to a newer software such as 3.1.1e or the lastest release software. I have everything working good as is. I just wanted to know from some different dtivo users what are the goods of doing so. Thanks

The Only Druid
04-03-2005, 10:37 PM
I have 3.1.1c on my DTivo. I just have a small question, what would be the advantages to upgrading to a newer software such as 3.1.1e or the lastest release software. I have everything working good as is. I just wanted to know from some different dtivo users what are the goods of doing so. Thanks

Learn to search. You've already been criticized in precisely this fashion. Any number of people have posted this question, and had their question answered. In fact, my collected-info page on 6.2 includes a brief discussion of this.

Moderators, please put this arse in the penalty box and close this thread.

darrin75
04-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Kiss my ass.. Like reading about certain software is going to tell me something.. I wanted for dtivo users to give me there opinion. I was not looking for features etc. This damn forum has got so damn bad..

darrin75
04-03-2005, 10:53 PM
You are the one they need to get rid of. I read a post earlier of someone saying that your smart remarks were totally uncalled for. Some of you need to make a special place on this forum for you to post and the rest of us can post and discuss what we want..

darrin75
04-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Moderaters don't need to close anything. I will close this myself.. WHY EVEN POST ON THIS BOARD ANYMORE ANYWAY... :D

The Only Druid
04-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Moderaters don't need to close anything. I will close this myself.. WHY EVEN POST ON THIS BOARD ANYMORE ANYWAY... :D
Why post indeed, if you're not going to read the answers posted earlier? Someone criticised me...you're suggesting that anyone who is criticised is automatically wrong? You do realize that such a claim would mean YOU were wrong, because I criticised you even earlier? Get a brain celll...

alldeadhomiez
04-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Answer was in the 6th search result.

WHY EVEN POST ON THIS BOARD ANYMORE ANYWAY...

Agreed; there's no point posting if the information is already here.

Moved to Sewer.

BillL
04-03-2005, 11:13 PM
You are the one they need to get rid of. I read a post earlier of someone saying that your smart remarks were totally uncalled for. Some of you need to make a special place on this forum for you to post and the rest of us can post and discuss what we want..

I have been following this forum for half a year and Plainbill has helped out more newbies that anyone else. If you have a problem with him, then you just are not paying attention.

PlainBill
04-03-2005, 11:26 PM
I have been following this forum for half a year and Plainbill has helped out more newbies that anyone else. If you have a problem with him, then you just are not paying attention.
Thank you. However, the persone on the front line this time was The Only Druid, who has also helped a large number of people.

Without pointing fingers at anyone (because it applies to most members at one time or the other), some people have a tendency to believe that because they grace us with their presence, we have a duty to answer any question they ask And we better be darn quick with the answer! . And since we are all mainly human (rumor has it AlphaWolf is actually a werewolf), on ocassion someone takes exception to that attitude.

One thing to remember is that while a particular question may have been asked (and answered) dozens of times, for the OP, it's the first time he posted that question. And of course, from the other point of view: Everyone coming to this board has to remember there are very few questions that have not been asked and answered repeatedly.

PlainBill

AhoyMatey
04-03-2005, 11:49 PM
And since we are all mainly human (rumor has it AlphaWolf is actually a werewolf), on ocassion someone takes exception to that attitude.And that explains the superior intellect, the lightning fast reflexes, the desire to kill, the urge to bay at the moon and the requirement to pee on every other tree he passes.

(Sorry AW, couldn't resist. :D)

captain_video
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
(rumor has it AlphaWolf is actually a werewolf),
Geeeeeeezzz! And all this time I thought he was just having a bad hair day. :D

AlphaWolf
04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
And that explains the superior intellect, the lightning fast reflexes, the desire to kill, the urge to bay at the moon and the requirement to pee on every other tree he passes.

Hey....thats every third tree...get it right.

:D