PDA

View Full Version : I luv u guys!! but still need help :(

Pscobee
04-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Read, searched and re read the forums.. got my series 2 directv tivo unit to version 4.0, can telnet, ftp etc.. even am starting to understand linux (except when I start using old dos commands!)

Trying to use tytools, install tserver, nowshowing etc.. can start the server , but when I try to get the now showing info I get the info below...

Any ideas? this is so F'n cool! My weather addicted wife loves the javahmo showing the forecast!!

Telneting to the TIVO...
Connecting to '192.168.1.25'
Connected...
We got 'bash-2.02# ' which is the prompt!
bash-2.02# /var/hack/tserver -s /var/hack/NowShowing.tcl
Doing the Lowest PriorityFix...
Waiting for an incoming connection!
SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
invalid attribute: TimeZone
while executing
"dbobj $setup get TimeZone"
("uplevel" body line 5)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set setup [db $db open /Setup]

# set defrecquality [dbobj $setup get RecordQuality]
set setuptz [dbobj $setup ..."
(procedure "init_db" line 45)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "/var/hack/NowShowing.tcl" line 480)
Waiting for an incoming connection!

Pscobee
04-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Please don't give me a newbie beating!!

I searched again and found the answer.. I am not worthy, I am not worthy!!!

bgreen
04-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Please don't give me a newbie beating!!

I searched again and found the answer.. I am not worthy, I am not worthy!!!

Hey, at least you beat 'em to the punch with your follow up post. :) Keep on searching.... "The Truth is Out There" (on DDB).

The Only Druid
04-20-2005, 12:53 AM
I can't sleep, so I'll answer this. I realize you say you found it, so good for you! I figure posting this explanation might be a step towards helping newbies search more effectively.

Searching. Since I always bitch about people searching, here's a demonstration about how easy it is. Looking at your problem, I figured the best way to approach it is to take the first error you received, and search for it. I figure (or rather, would have figured, if I didn't already know the answer) that logically anyone who discussed the problem before would also have mentioned that error.

The error in question is:

invalid attribute: TimeZone

So I simply open up a search window, making sure to be in post mode, and plug that in.

Now, looking through those posts (remember, search in post mode), I quickly found this (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203873&postcount=377) post by JDiner (who made tytool), explaining the problem.

If I hadn't found a helpful post, my next step would have been to go through the other debugging information you presented.

Again, congrats on solving your own problem. I'm just hoping at least one other poster will read this explanation of searching, and save us another unnecessary question post.