PDA

View Full Version : Small Version 6.2 by Alphawolf

marquis6461
04-19-2005, 11:14 PM
The Small Version works great almost right out the box. Got the big drive running like it was supposed be in the system. Only problem I have is this.

I created the rc.sysinit.author file and wanted to follow Alphawolf's advice and create the perfect image but I must have messed up.

Maybe someone can tell me what I did wrong.

1. I used command: mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi 62small.mfs /dev/hdc
to create the image. Put it in system and ran up fine.

2. I then copied over the killhdintrd kernel from 3.1.5

3. Followed ADH and created iptables.

4. Disabled Encryption with
cd /tivo/tvbin
echo -ne "\x3C\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=10705308

5. Used Alphawolf's AIO Tools for MFS_FTP and TYTools

6. Did BackDoor Mod and shows up in System Info as enabled.

7. Put TivoWebPlus on drive but did not activate due to board saying has issues and did mod with V3

Seems to work fine but here is a few things I have found strange.

Telnet to drive. cannot use ls to see content of directory.
Commands work if typed in
TyTools works but only in Tystream Mode. Cannot get MPG mode to work.

Other than that works ok. Want to speed up the drivers with Jamies usb replacements but can't seem to find right way to make work.

Looks like a lot more reading and trying to find the files that work.

AhoyMatey
04-20-2005, 07:49 AM
What commands work? Are you sure you have the AIO toolset in your path?

marquis6461
04-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Seems like vserver tserver and all of the AOI tools are working but looks like the commands from busybox are not.

I tried a ll and a ls from the bash prompt and got command not recognized. I downloaded the busybox 1.00 and installed it. Must have messed up. I don't have the cpio command . It gives me an error.

Fresh_One
04-20-2005, 10:48 PM
5. Used Alphawolf's AIO Tools for MFS_FTP and TYTools

I am curious about you saying to use AIO tools for MFS_FTP. I have installed Alphawolf's AIO tools on my TIVO. I see plenty of MFS utils in the AIO directory, but not the main .TCL file that runs MFS_FTP.
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_dump
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_dumpobj
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_info
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_dumpschema
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_export
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_ls
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_import
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_purge
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_stream
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_streams
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_tarstream
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_tmfstream
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_uberexport

Thus I am confused. Do I need to install the entire MFS_FTP package to get the main .TCL file ?

You alluded to a way to get MFS_FTP working using only AIO tools ???

Want to speed up the drivers with Jamies usb replacements but can't seem to find right way to make work.

I am just a newbie, but I think under 6.2 you want to load Jamie's backport USB2 drivers from /test.conf rather than from rc.sysinit.author as in 3.1.x.

Doing that worked for me to get them loaded.

AhoyMatey
04-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Seems like vserver tserver and all of the AOI tools are working but looks like the commands from busybox are not.

I tried a ll and a ls from the bash prompt and got command not recognized. I downloaded the busybox 1.00 and installed it. Must have messed up. I don't have the cpio command . It gives me an error.You must have. cpio is part of the stock TiVo package. You'll have to alias ll to "ls -l" yourself. I wonder if the links to busybox are corrupted somehow. This has happened to me before with a bad drive. You could always try run "busybox ls" (which doesn't use the ls link) and see if that works.

cokekid
04-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Also make sure that the

export PATH=$PATH:/hack/bin

line is before

/bin/bash </dev/ttyS2&> /dev/ttyS2&

in your rc.sysinit.author (if your linux commands are in /hack/bin)

I found out if that PATH line is after the /bin/bash line, then I cannot use the ls command either, I have to tell where it is. (ie /hack/bin/ls )

marquis6461
04-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks Guys,

The answer showed up in one of AF post and that made it clear. Thanks CokeKid. That is it.

marquis6461
04-22-2005, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Fresh_One]I am curious about you saying to use AIO tools for MFS_FTP. I have installed Alphawolf's AIO tools on my TIVO. I see plenty of MFS utils in the AIO directory, but not the main .TCL file that runs MFS_FTP.
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_dump
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_dumpobj
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_info
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_dumpschema
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_export
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_ls
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_import
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_purge
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_stream
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_streams
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_tarstream
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_tmfstream
./var/hack/tivo-bin/mfs_uberexport

These are included in Alpha Wolf's All in One package. He made it available. It contains all of the files you noted. Keeps them all in one location

vega
04-23-2005, 12:47 PM
can anyone tell me where I can download AlphaWolf's small 6.2 backup?

this link ed2k://|file|6.2.dtivo.minimal.AlphaWolf_HK.zip is dead.

Been searching for hours, I can find numerous threads about it, but nothing leading to the download.

thanks

the link is back up

ronrico51
04-23-2005, 07:06 PM
If you don't have emule on your pc, install it. The link will automatically start emule and start the transfer. Transfer took about 10 hours for me, YMMV. I did this a couple of days ago. It's a good image, worked fine for me.

Rick

jefe74
04-26-2005, 03:23 AM
I used Alphawolf's 6.2 small backup, and everything works as expected.

I have all my hacks installed and running again, without any major issues.

The one thing I did notice is that in the system information screen, it shows the brand and model as RCA and DSR7000.

My box is a Hughes SD-DVR40.

It's not affecting any of the functionality as far as I can tell, but I'm curious if there is a way to fix this, so that it shows the correct info in this screen.

SR712
04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I think AlphaWolf already answered this question here->. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217889&postcount=63)

cokekid
04-26-2005, 10:34 AM
The one thing I did notice is that in the system information screen, it shows the brand and model as RCA and DSR7000.

My box is a Hughes SD-DVR40.

It's not affecting any of the functionality as far as I can tell, but I'm curious if there is a way to fix this, so that it shows the correct info in this screen.

The only way (I imagine) to fix it was to dload the 6.2 software yourself from your receiver. This was a DSR7000 image, but it doesnt matter. They are all the same. The only difference will be the system info screen showing DSR7000