PDA

View Full Version : Just started getting an error with tytools..

slickrick2000
05-15-2005, 02:31 PM
I went to pull some shows off my Tivo this morning. After opening a telnet connection and starting tserver, I opened Tytools (9 r18), refreshed my list and selected the shows to pull off.

I got this error in Tytools GUI:

Name = 'G:\Seinfeld-The Puffy Shirt'
fsIDs = '394193'
Tivo Address = '192.168.1.100'
Connected...
Data socket connect failed!

I am getting this error in Telnet:

Waiting on an incoming connection!
SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTRM2 192.168.1.102 1638 394193'
-> '394193'
Attempted to write to a broken socket
write failed:: Broken pipe
Waiting for an incoming connection!

Getting this error when I stop and restart the server with Tytools in the TServer Output Window.

Telneting to the TIVO...
Connecting to '192.168.1.100'
Connected...
We got 'bash-2.02# ' which is the prompt!
bash-2.02# /var/hack/tserver
./NowShowing.tcl: No such file or directory
bash-2.02#
bash-2.02#

I am able to get see my shows when I refresh Tytools, and can see them on Tivoweb. And before I restarted the tivo I had vserver running and could stream the shows to WMP.

I know my NowShowing.tcl file is there.

The only things I have done since the last time I pulled shows was start vserver for the first time, and that was last night.

I manually start tserver and tivoweb, and vserver as well, instead of having them start automatically.

I have tried restarting the tivo, my PC. I have refreshed my IP in Tytools and have also switched around from dbl socket to single socket and back. nothing works.

I am running 4.01b software on a DTV Phillips dsr 708.

I did a search on the web and DDB and came up with no real answers.

Thanks for any help.

Jamie
05-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I went to pull some shows off my Tivo this morning. After opening a telnet connection and starting tserver, I opened Tytools (9 r18), refreshed my list and selected the shows to pull off.

I got this error in Tytools GUI:

fsIDs = '394193'
Connected...
Data socket connect failed!

I am getting this error in Telnet:

Waiting on an incoming connection!
SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTRM2 192.168.1.102 1638 394193'
-> '394193'
Attempted to write to a broken socket
write failed:: Broken pipe
Waiting for an incoming connection!
This smells like firewall problems to me. Do you have any sort of firewall software that is blocking incoming connections? Suggestions: turn off all firewall software on the PC. I see later that you say you tried single socket mode, so maybe it isn't a firewall issue after all.
Getting this error when I stop and restart the server with Tytools in the TServer Output Window.

Telneting to the TIVO...
Connecting to '192.168.1.100'
Connected...
We got 'bash-2.02# ' which is the prompt!
bash-2.02# /var/hack/tserver
./NowShowing.tcl: No such file or directory
That's an old tserver. You should be using the version here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487) with built in NowShowing support.

slickrick2000
05-15-2005, 03:29 PM
OK, thanks.

I am not really sure which one I should use though.
Taken from link above:

There are seven attachments:

1. mips - binaries for Series 2 machines

5. Cywin - Build for x86 windows PC running cygwin. This is for use as a tserver client. *NOT* for use with locally attached disks.

I have a series 2 unit, but I also remember using Musclenerds NowShowing file, and I am pretty sure I had to use Cygwin. Not positive about having to use Cygwin, but I am pretty sure I did.

EDIT: also, what would make it stop working anyways? Everything has been going fine. Seems the only thing I have done is started up Vserver last night for the first time. Would that have anything to do with it?

OH, one more thing, I have my vserver in my busybox directory and started it from there.

Jamie
05-15-2005, 03:34 PM
OK, thanks.

I am not really sure which one I should use though.
Taken from link above:
This one:
1. mips - binaries for Series 2 machines

EDIT: also, what would make it stop working anyways? Everything has been going fine. Seems the only thing I have done is started up Vserver last night for the first time. Would that have anything to do with it?I doubt that has anything to do with it. I still suspect a firewall issue. Any chance anything related to that changed on your PC? Do you have all your firewall software turned off, or at least have your LAN subnet wide open?

slickrick2000
05-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I turned off my firewall and got the same results. Not sure how to make sure my Lan subnet is open, but I haven't changed any settings from what they were before.

I am also getting an error when I first open tytools and try to get a show

fsIDs = '394193'
Connected...
Could not open an output file!

But that started after fooling around with starting and stopping the server through tytools. I have to stop the server then restart it and then it starts giving me the error of Data connection socket failed.

Strange.

Thanks for the help. I'm off to a funeral for the afternoon so I'll try to get this fixed later tonight. Hard drive is full so I need to get it done.
I'll let ya know tonight if it fixed it.

Thanks

Jamie
05-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Could not open an output file!This is most likely a bad setting of "Local Dir:" in the TyTool gui. Either that, or your PC disk is full.

slickrick2000
05-15-2005, 04:05 PM
This is most likely a bad setting of "Local Dir:" in the TyTool gui. Either that, or your PC disk is full.

18 Gigs left on target drive

slickrick2000
05-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Humm...time to look stupid.

Got to thining about my directory I was sending my shows to when I pulled them. I had it set to send them directly to a slave drive and after they were all pulled, I would distribute them to folders for each show I wanted.

Seems after doing some drive swapping yesterday, my drive letters got switched around and the drive Tytools was set to was not even there now.

It's all good now. Thanks for all the help.

Hope I don't look too dumb. It's always the little stupid things that get overlooked.

mikehome
10-22-2005, 08:17 AM
This thread helped me also. Duh..... I didnt have the target dir created. I am getting .46 kb on the transfer. I am running wired to the tivo, tranfering to my laptop which is wireless. Any thoughts on better speeds? Or is this normal speeds

SithLord
11-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Humm...time to look stupid.

Got to thining about my directory I was sending my shows to when I pulled them. I had it set to send them directly to a slave drive and after they were all pulled, I would distribute them to folders for each show I wanted.

Seems after doing some drive swapping yesterday, my drive letters got switched around and the drive Tytools was set to was not even there now.

It's all good now. Thanks for all the help.

Hope I don't look too dumb. It's always the little stupid things that get overlooked.

Well, then I wonder why I'M having this same problem. My drive letters didn't change; my firewall has been temporarily deactivated; I have PLENTY of hard drive space...I'm baffled. :confused:

I've never experienced this problem until now for some reason.

eastwind
11-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, then I wonder why I'M having this same problem. My drive letters didn't change; my firewall has been temporarily deactivated; I have PLENTY of hard drive space...I'm baffled. :confused:

I've never experienced this problem until now for some reason.
TyTool reports plenty of HD space? Or Windows?

Have you checked your network settings in TyTool? Try Single Socket mode to see if it works. If you have more than one NIC make sure you're using the right one.

ew

SithLord
11-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Single socket does work, so I'm staying with that. BTW, it also seems to run faster than dbl socket mode. Perhaps the fact that I have HDVR2's--Series 2 DTIVO's--is the reason.

DaytonaDave
12-14-2005, 02:59 AM
FWIW - This thread also helped me.

I had cleaned up my dowload directory and removed the place I usually download to in TyTools.

Would be nice if the error said 'Directory not found', but at least this thread was out there :)

Dave

scooby007
05-20-2006, 08:50 PM
thanks for this post. I had the same error all is now working when i switched to single socket mode.