PDA

View Full Version : newbie : Out of sync audio when burning using nerovision

asantaga
05-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Hi all,

I know this has been done to death, but I can't fathom it out.. Or should I say see the wood from the tree's!

I want to burn out a program from my (UK) TIVO to a DVD.

My procedure is :
1. Extract the program as .ty using tytools18
2. Set Options/Audio to Transcode #4 (DVD-48)
3. Process VOB-MUX file to create my VOB
4. Load this VOB into NeroVision 3.1.0.7
5. Burn it to a DVD

What I have found is the audio is out of sync after a while (30 or so mins)..
:-( however if I play the original vob (or mpg) file then the audio is perrrrrfect..

I have noticed that Nero "transcode" something when it comes to burning the data out, so Im guessing its getting it wrong???

My theory is that either the Video or the audio is not in the correct format, nerovision then recodes it to get it in the correct format, but by doing this it gets the sync wrong..

Thus.. I need to recode the video/audio and ... remux it??

I've tried to load the vobs/mpgs etc into tmpgenc but it wont accept it..

Any ideas?? Better still any cribsheets?

Oh, I tried the pure tytool approach (using dvdauthor) and it worked in the sense that the audio was in sync with the video, but the video was split in two and rotated around.. (weird), also its easier to make nice menu's using nero...

Thanks, and sorry for the long post!

Angelo

hayreass
05-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Don't use NeroVision.
If you want nice menus, sleaze made a cool tool that can be found HERE. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42922)
I use Nero to burn myself (over 300 disks and counting), but I do not use the option that does any transcoding.
I make the whole DVD in TyTool, then burn in Nero. it works every time.
I use v6.3.1.20, but I used earlier versions as well, and never had a problem.

I think the method that's pushed on the forum is UDF/ISO burning, but I alway use DVD-Video, and my disks play on everything I throw them at.
I use the burning ROM, not express, and it does no transcoding, it simply burns the files prepared by TyTool

ckwrights3
05-18-2005, 09:40 AM
I've had good sucess using nerovision to make dvd's straight from vob's muxed with tytool. The only time I have any problems is if I use the "SmartEncoding" option. When using this option my audio-video gets out of synch. If deselected, the encoding (obviously) takes longer, but everything is perfectly in synch.

Included is a screen capture of the NeroVision video options box. Hope this helps, and that I'm not just blowing smoke :eek:

asantaga
05-19-2005, 01:01 PM
hi,

I just tried this, and unfortunatly it didnt work :-(

What I did was..

1. Extract the movie as a .ty file
2. Processed the .ty file to VOB-MOX (normal not newformat)
- Set audio to Patch Audio Holes
- Transcode to DVD option 6 (48 @ 224)
3. Run Nero Vision Express
4. Added VOB files, disabled SmartEncoding option, then burn away.
I noticed that it told me that both streams were zero % SmartEncoding compatible..
5. Nice movie out of sync..

Have you done anything different?

Angelo

Mork
05-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi all,

the video was split in two and rotated around.. (weird),
Angelo

Have you seen the "What am I doing wrong?" post on this page? Is it the same problem I've been experiencing?

asantaga
05-20-2005, 05:08 AM
Hi Mork,

I might be being thick here, but Im not sure which posting you mean??...

Angelo

Mork
05-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Sorry,

This thread:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22193

:)

asantaga
05-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi Mork,

mmm not quite the same problem , but admittedly similar.. Im using NeroVision Express,and I believe the problem is it wants to Transcode the VOB file (Resolution isnt right I guess?) and thus looses track of itself..

There is a parameter in nerovision (smart something), but it doesnt work for me :-(

Im gonna try the "simple" method first, i.e. us tytool to create everything, maybe tytemplate for templatea and double check it all works.. but I was rather keen on having some nice templates..

Have you come across some decent DVD authoring software (opensource would be nice??)
Also have you been able to load your .ty, or .vob files into TMPGEnc?? I cant apparently its the bee's knees for this sort of stuff...

Angelo

captain_video
05-20-2005, 08:57 AM
DVD-Lab is probably your best bet for authoring with tympeg files. It seems to be the most forgiving when authoring DVDs with non-standard resolution mpeg files. Try using Nero Burning ROM instead of Nerovision for burning your compilations as DVD-Video discs. I assume that most authoring and burning tools work equally well with PAL sources as well as NTSC.

asantaga
05-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi all,

ok so far I've discovered the folllowing :

1. I've tried the tytool/dvdauthor approach and I can produce a DVD which WORKS, but its wrapped around. From reading morks posts, Im guessing this is because the video isnt the 720xsomething, and my *toshiba* dvd player doesnt like it :-(

So.... I need to transcode (ok quality degrades a bit), but thats where I get stumped..

I've tried to use DVD-Lab, but my first attempt produced a DVD where the audio was minutes behind!! Has anyone else had success???

captain_video
05-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I've only created about 1000 or so DVDs from ty files so I guess I can say I've had some success. Older Toshiba players simply don't like 480x480 resolution discs and some don't work at all with recordable formats. Your only solution to the wraparound problem is to get a newer DVD player that likes tyDVDs, as most current models do.

To successfully use DVD-Lab:
1. Extract ty file in tystream mode.
2. Mux file in TyTools with audio holes patched (transcode audio for SA Tivos; no transcoding for DTivos).
3. Import mpeg file into DVD-Lab. You can try using the file as is with no demuxing (I let it demux into elemental streams).
4. Add menus and chapters and make sure all links work.
5. Compile DVD with alternate (relaxed) multiplexing.
6. Burn with Nero (use the full standard version and avoid using Nerovision Express).

asantaga
06-02-2005, 09:23 PM
All,

Just an update to say "thanks to all" and I've finally got it working..

My technique is

1. Use tytool to create a DVD on the filesystem, dont worry about the menu etc.
2. once this is done, load DVD-LAB and load in the vob files,
3. then use the files, produce menus etc etc etc. and all works a treat!!

My theory is that the vob files that tytool are incomplete (the docs say so) but by getting tytool to produce the final vob (using dvdauthor) then files are completed.. DVD lab reads in the vob file no probs and all is dandy.

I tried to produce an mpg from tytool and feed that into dvd author but that strangely didnt work..

Now for the interesting one.. I tried a different .ty file (DRWho) and that **DID** work.. The difference between my two .ty files is one is good quality and one is best quality.. Im wondering if the extra data in the stream is causing the problems...

Anyway all sorted, thanks all :-)

captain_video
06-02-2005, 09:42 PM
The VOB files from TyTools are fine. They don't have any IFO files tied to them so they're pretty much just mpg files with a different extension from what I gather. I'm surprised you had a problem using an mpg file from TyTools with DVD-Lab since that's how I import files all the time. You probably tried to use them without demuxing into elemental streams first. The VOB files can be used as is but I believe they're still remuxed and split into 1GB segments per the DVD spec.

This may be a bit off-topic but I discovered a neat trick that DVD-Lab can do for you. I reauthor a lot of commercial DVDs to get rid of the unwanted extras and cumbersome menus that are generally a pain to navigate through. I found that after ripping the DVD to my hard drive I can just import the first VOB file of a set and DVD-Lab automatically combines the first VOB file with the remaining VOBs in the set and then demuxes them to elemental streams on the fly. I used to have to join multiple VOBs together using VideoReDo or some other means and then import them into DVD-Lab.