PDA

View Full Version : MFS_FTP and S2 7.1b software

Throg
05-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Let me first get this out in the open. I'm trying to anticipate the questions people would have. I followed these (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128731&postcount=1) instructions for the install, then copied over the unified MFS binaries.

I have to be just missing it somehow. I've searched here and google and I'm not finding anything close to what I'm looking for. And, of course, it could just be coincidental. Since the 7.1 snafu ... err .. upgrade, I haven't been able list the shows using SmartFTP. It just times out after 20s and disconnects. port.3105.log doesn't show anything unusual. Also, if I use a browser pointed at ftp://tivo:3105 it tells me that I don't have access. I've already tried ftp://mfs:mfs@tivo:310. I have over 200 shows in MFS. Is there a limit imposed by mfs_ftp?

My first basic question is: Are there any known issues regarding mfs_ftp and >7.1 software?
My second basic question is: Am I just a moron?

P.S. you don't have to answer the 2nd question.

Jamie
05-18-2005, 08:05 PM
My first basic question is: Are there any known issues regarding mfs_ftp and >7.1 software?Works for me with 7.1b and >200 shows. Insertion requires some changes, because of the event system changes, but extraction works fine.

Post a level 5 debug log and any verbose client side logs you can produce.

Throg
05-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Post a level 5 debug log and any verbose client side logs you can produce.
Okay, the log is in the attached .zip file. I zipped it up just after the point where the ftp times out.

If we get the extraction working, and I'm optimistic, I'd like to know about configuring it for reinsertion to work.

Jamie
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Okay, the log is in the attached .zip file. I zipped it up just after the point where the ftp times out.

If we get the extraction working, and I'm optimistic, I'd like to know about configuring it for reinsertion to work.It looks to me like mfs_ftp opened the passive connection ports okay, got a connection back from the ftp client, went off to generate the show list (which can take a while with many shows), and in the mean time, the client dropped the data connection. Change the timeout value in the client to make it something longer (maybe a couple of minutes).

The issue with insertions is that same as in 6.2. Read through this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42325) thread for details. Some report that it runs fine with the event calls commented out, while others (ADH, for one) warn that these calls are there for a reason and taking them out may lead to unknown behavior.

Throg
05-18-2005, 09:34 PM
It looks to me like mfs_ftp opened the passive connection ports okay, got a connection back from the ftp client, went off to generate the show list (which can take a while with many shows), and in the mean time, the client dropped the data connection. Change the timeout value in the client to make it something longer (maybe a couple of minutes).
Yep, it was a client-side issue. Stupid clients! I set the timeout to 180 and I swear the list populated right around the 21s mark. Figures!
Now I'm off to read the link you supplied. Thanks for helping.

Throg
05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
The issue with insertions is that same as in 6.2. Read through this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42325) thread for details. Some report that it runs fine with the event calls commented out, while others (ADH, for one) warn that these calls are there for a reason and taking them out may lead to unknown behavior.
In my case, commenting out the event calls causes my tivo to reboot at various points during a reinsertion attempt. One time it was almost complete and another when it just started. Oh well, I'm sure this ability will be restored at some point by someone who knows much more than me.
Again, thanks for your help.

Throg
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
As it were I was trying to reinsert a .ty file. I did successfully extract and reinsert a .tmf file. And I was also able to regroup it. So, there you have it.