PDA

View Full Version : terbonet killed my tivo, was: (Installed Terbonet now picture problems)

Fizz
06-01-2005, 07:19 PM
I've just installed a Terbonet and Tivoweb. However the picture now seems to sckip on the bottom half of the screen when plaing back or watching TV even recordings made ages ago?

Any suggestions

rc3105
06-01-2005, 10:08 PM
contact the seller for support

compwiz312
06-01-2005, 11:20 PM
You purchased an illegial knockoff of a Turbonet card created by jafa (www.silicondust.com). You should return this card to your sell and demand a full refund and then purchase a genuine card from 9thtee (www.9thtee.com).

Once you have a genuine Turbonet (not Terbonet) card, you can come back for help and support. Until then, as Riley (rc3105) said, contact the seller for support.

hayreass
06-01-2005, 11:40 PM
You purchased an illegial knockoff of a Turbonet card created by jafa (www.silicondust.com). You should return this card to your sell and demand a full refund and then purchase a genuine card from 9thtee (www.9thtee.com).

Once you have a genuine Turbonet (not Terbonet) card, you can come back for help and support. Until then, as Riley (rc3105) said, contact the seller for support.Really? I thought it was just a misspelling.

So some cock actually cloned a Turbonet, and named it Terbonet?

compwiz312
06-02-2005, 02:22 AM
So some cock actually cloned a Turbonet, and named it Terbonet?

Yah, I reported it a few weeks ago and eBay seems to have removed the listings, but see here: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=222663#post222663

Seems this a$shole is still selling them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11725&item=5779205074&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

hayreass
06-02-2005, 03:05 AM
Well I'll be damned, you are right.

I don't know about you, but I reported all 4 instances of the knockoffs to ebays fraud department.

If those guys work like they have in the past, results should follow.

I have a little history with them.

I bought a huge batch of "Duracell" batteries a few months ago, (a couple of hundred batteries) and they were counterfeit.
It was easy to prove, weight was the convincing factor in my case, batteries were 5 grams light of Duracell specs. But there were other obvious differences as well.
Anyhow, eBay banned the dude, and the last report I had was that he had been reported to the authorities. Seems he had sold many thousands of batteries.

Fizz
06-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Well thanks for your words of wisdom guys... But what If I was to say that even removing the card doesn't solve my problem!!!

Also it seems that there are a few people out there using this card???

mbellot
06-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Well thanks for your words of wisdom guys... But what If I was to say that even removing the card doesn't solve my problem!!!

Unfortunately it sounds like you might have broken something in the process of installing the network card.

Did you drill any holes for the cable to come out? If so you might have some loose metal bits floating around in the case that are shorting out parts of the circuit board. If you're lucky getting rid of them will solve the problem... Take the lid off and turn the TiVo over and give it a good shake (you may want to remove the drive). If you have compressed air (in a can is fine) give the circuit board a good blast of that while its upside down.

If thats not the problem I would still check around on the circuit board to make sure nothing landed on it inadvertently and also make sure all the connectors are seated tightly.

Also it seems that there are a few people out there using this card???
I bought mine before I even found DDB (and all the hubub over "fake" Turbonet boards). Its been running fine since October of last year.

Fizz
06-02-2005, 07:39 PM
didn't drill or anything. Have used can of air to blow all the dust out of it. Tried old disks, aux feed, removing card. To no avail.. looks like it's broken...

Off to Pacelink

funtoupgrade
06-08-2005, 11:01 PM
I bought some of these directly from the seller, off ebay, with the understanding that if they did not work normally I could return them for full refund. They were not advertised as a turbonet card with funky spelling, but rather as a series 1 Tivo network card that worked as well as a TurboNet. I paid for them with a credit card via Paypal and they were promptly shipped. They all tested fine with no problems. Whether these are an illegal copy of the TurboNet or a legitimate item from whoever manufacturer's the item for 9th Tee remains to be seen. Apparantely 9th Tee is not complaining to eBay, nor have I seen any posts on the forums from 9th Tee claiming a problem with these.

funtoupgrade

captain_video
07-21-2005, 08:56 AM
The card is called the X Factor and the original seller was shut down for a while, or so I thought. It appears that either he or someone that bought out his stock of cloned Turbonets has resurfaced. The guy even has the gaul to have a link to DDB for support on his auction page. :mad:

A closer look at the two cards shows that the component layouts are different. The X Factor card appears at first glance to have fewer components but I haven't done a detailed comparison to be sure.