PDA

View Full Version : TyTool or MFS_FTP: Which is Better?

OrionsHunter
06-07-2005, 05:01 AM
I'm new to extracting here. I know how to use TyTool to extract video, but I know nothing about MFS_FTP. I want the ability to return video to my DTiVo and I've noticed that TyTool lacks that ability. So the question all around is: which is better for extraction and why?

How do I return video to my DTiVo using MFS_FTP?

Which version of MFS_FTP works with a 6.2 DTiVo? The only version I found failed to work.

Is there a guide on how to go from extraction to .mpg or DVD from MFS_FTP?

Thanks!

Orion

hayreass
06-07-2005, 05:22 AM
This belongs in the development forum?
which is better for extraction and why?That all depends on your goals.
Personally, I have no use for re-inserting, so I basically never use mfs_ftp. If I accidentally delete something tivoweb undeletes it. If I want it on another tivo, MRV takes care of it.

If you want to archive stuff for later insertion mfs_ftp is the way to go.
Do some research, like I advised in the other thread you started.
I believe there are issues with 6.2, they should turn up during your research.

Is there a guide on how to go from extraction to .mpg or DVD from MFS_FTP?You're still extracting .ty files, just packaged differently. Your current method of going to DVD will still work.

94SupraTT
06-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Which version of MFS_FTP works with a 6.2 DTiVo? The only version I found failed to work.

Unless things have recently changed insertion does not work with MS_FTP on 6.2.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215521&postcount=1

3e) MFS_FTP.
MFS_FTP can be used for extraction, but due to the event handling system being removed in 6.2, insertion doesn't work properly yet. IF you want to use it, comment out the event lines in the appropriate script. I do NOT recommend doing this, as it is known to cause several difficulties for many users. Please see the discussion below in this thread.

I run 4.0.1b and use tytool soley. I really don't have any need for insertion. However your needs may vary.

One of the benefits with tytool is it practically does everything. You can pull down a file, makes cuts to it if need be, mux it to vob, created DVD ifo files and then use your favorite burning software to make the dvd.

JJBliss
06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Moved to Extraction Support