PDA

View Full Version : Nero ToGo - new program

vinniet
06-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Hello ... I do not think this has been posted on here. If it has ... sorry. A new program was released to remove the protection in .tivo to make it a simple MPEG2 file. It works great and is very fast. You can queue up a bunch of files and will convert them all.

It requires .NET framework but it works great. Grab it from here:

http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm

Masnark
06-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Hello ... I do not think this has been posted on here. If it has ... sorry. A new program was released to remove the protection in .tivo to make it a simple MPEG2 file. It works great and is very fast. You can queue up a bunch of files and will convert them all.

It requires .NET framework but it works great. Grab it from here:

http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm

I have removed the download from the site (since I am a yellow-bellied chicken). Watch that spot for a new Direct Show utility though (should be up today or tomorrow - 6/14-6/15)

vinniet
06-14-2005, 01:22 PM
I have removed the download from the site (since I am a yellow-bellied chicken). Watch that spot for a new Direct Show utility though (should be up today or tomorrow - 6/14-6/15)

I am very sorry to hear that. There are tons of other ways to do it like Dr Divx which have not gotten any heat from it. With that said I also understand and thank you for making some of the most usefull software for the Tivo.

Vinnie

Masnark
06-15-2005, 03:03 AM
http://prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm

New and updated and not TiVo directed. Now it's a debugging utility that allows you to see what any directX filter outputs (TY filters, MS-DVR, TiVo or any other DShow filter you have installed).

rickytv
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Looks cool. But has anyone yet come up with a way to play an MPEG2 or WMA back on the TiVO without opening the box? It's great that stuff can now be archived, but without the round trip capability the files just sit there. And it also prevents me from adding new content like the family home movies...

vinniet
06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
http://prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm

New and updated and not TiVo directed. Now it's a debugging utility that allows you to see what any directX filter outputs (TY filters, MS-DVR, TiVo or any other DShow filter you have installed).

Excuse my ignorance but what is the purpose of this? For my .Tivo files, what does it convert them to? I see it making a copy of a file and doing something with it. I assume that is a tivo file.

I am sure it is useful, everything you have put out has been.

Thanks,

Vinnie

JJBliss
06-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what is the purpose of this? For my .Tivo files, what does it convert them to? I see it making a copy of a file and doing something with it. I assume that is a tivo file.

I am sure it is useful, everything you have put out has been.

Thanks,

Vinnie

Um, didn't you post the initial post in this thread? (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226207&postcount=1)

vinniet
06-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Um, didn't you post the initial post in this thread? (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226207&postcount=1)

Yes but the first program was Nero ToGO and it ripped out the .tivo junk and made it a simple MPEG2. This new thing does something else ... or does it. That is what I am trying to find out.

JJBliss
06-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Yes but the first program was Nero ToGO and it ripped out the .tivo junk and made it a simple MPEG2. This new thing does something else ... or does it. That is what I am trying to find out.

What gets produced when you run the application on a .tivo file? Have you checked the directory that the .tivo file was in after you ran the program? What does it look like happened?

This new thing does something else...
Like what?

vinniet
06-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Ok I tried to install the New program and it want to take out the older one.

The older one took out the Tivo junk, I know that, and it works great. My questions is what does the new one do. I know he did not want to mess with the Tivo protection, so I am curious what gets producted.

I can not install to test it since I have to remove the first program, and I do not want to do that. Curious if this is better, but my guess it is not.

I mean this is not Tivocommunity where you get lynched talking out messing with .Tivo files.

Jack.R.Abbit
06-17-2005, 01:27 AM
I don't have (and won't ever install) the .NET framework so I can not run either the old or the new version... But my guess is this: He has changed the name to make it more "generic" so TiVo could not claim he has written an application specifically to remove their protection. I figure it does much the same thing that it did before and that is send a file through the directshow filter and save the output as something else (.mpg I presume). Now that the program is "generic" he is less likely to be held responsible for someone using it in a way that TiVo dislikes.

Surely you have the old version you downloaded. Just install the new version and try it for crap sake. If it is not what you want, then reinstall the old one. If you don't have the old verison you downloaded, then this will teach you to always keep a copy of the version of software you are upgrading just in case the new version is not what you want.

vinniet
06-17-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't have (and won't ever install) the .NET framework so I can not run either the old or the new version... But my guess is this: He has changed the name to make it more "generic" so TiVo could not claim he has written an application specifically to remove their protection. I figure it does much the same thing that it did before and that is send a file through the directshow filter and save the output as something else (.mpg I presume). Now that the program is "generic" he is less likely to be held responsible for someone using it in a way that TiVo dislikes.

Surely you have the old version you downloaded. Just install the new version and try it for crap sake. If it is not what you want, then reinstall the old one. If you don't have the old verison you downloaded, then this will teach you to always keep a copy of the version of software you are upgrading just in case the new version is not what you want.

NO I keep everything so I have the old file. I was hoping that someone tried the new one and can report back what it does. I am surprised no one has.

I think there was major change, here is the description:

DirectShow Dump is a debugging App that allows you to see what the output of a DirectShow filter is.

Does not say that it makes a new one but the picture does.

OK i have beat this to death and sorry it dragged on for so long. I will keep the files I have since it works perfect.

JJBliss
06-17-2005, 10:25 AM
I was hoping that someone tried the new one and can report back what it does.
But if everyone reacted like you, then no one would try it. What if someone was waiting for YOU to try it?

I am surprised no one has.
Why? You didn't.

I think there was major change, here is the description:

DirectShow Dump is a debugging App that allows you to see what the output of a DirectShow filter is.
Isn't that what the old one did?

I will keep the files I have since it works perfect.
That's certainly a way.

psxboy
06-17-2005, 11:00 AM
I can not install to test it since I have to remove the first program, and I do not want to do that.
That's what virtual machines are good for... I keep several VMs with different OSes at the ready for just such a purpose. Boot 'em up, do all the testing you want, then they revert back to their original state when you're done. No muss, no fuss.

-psxboy

davezatz
06-17-2005, 04:35 PM
I am here to verify the new program does what the old one did. All mentions of Tivo have been removed, as the program is agnostic. It's much simpler than messing around with GraphEdit and you don't have to buy a de/muxer. You may still want to run the output MPEG through something else as Tivo file sizes are pretty large. That's why I thought Dr. DivX was pretty cool - one interface to 'unlock', shrink, and convert the file... Too bad the new version doesn't support .tivo files at this time.

Masnark
06-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Updated the wording on the page to be clearer.

vinniet
06-20-2005, 01:32 PM
I am here to verify the new program does what the old one did. All mentions of Tivo have been removed, as the program is agnostic. It's much simpler than messing around with GraphEdit and you don't have to buy a de/muxer. You may still want to run the output MPEG through something else as Tivo file sizes are pretty large. That's why I thought Dr. DivX was pretty cool - one interface to 'unlock', shrink, and convert the file... Too bad the new version doesn't support .tivo files at this time.

I use Dr Divx and love it. I just wish there was a way to batch convert files. I already have a profile I use so it would not be that hard.