PDA

View Full Version : duration in guide

lgkahn
06-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I am trying to update my ui.itcl script to allow it to change the duration that shows up in the now playing guide.. as mfs_ftp inserted shows are showing 0.

I tried updating the Duration variable in mfs under the showing and Actualshowing objects... this has the effect of changing the green play bar to the new duration but DOES not change the duration that shows up in the guide.

then I tried the startdate/stopdate starttime/stoptime variables... this doesn't seem to change it either.. anyone have any ideas where this info is kept..

thanks in advance

darrin75
06-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Cool...I am at work..So I assume you got my message..I Will help in anyway I can. I will try to work some different code. It seems that the code I was showing you changes the db duration, but does not update the xml inforation. I pretty sure this is what holds the information for the nowplaying info. Perhaps deleting the file and remove any catche for that show. Then undeleting the show..Perhaps...Uh

darrin75
06-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Ok,
If I just Found out by just checking..The mrv from a different tivo, shows the current duration, that was set using the code. But still no luck on the tivo that holds the recording. Even if you transfer it it still says 0.00. I still say that its getting the duration from the xml and not the db..Still checking

lgkahn
06-16-2005, 10:30 AM
no that is impossible the xml is only used to transfer stuff and then is loaded into the db somewhere.

darrin75
06-16-2005, 05:01 PM
using dumpobi fsid : A normal recording in the program Id has runtime..But An inserted recording does not..Maybe this is where th object lays to correct the guide?

lgkahn
06-17-2005, 02:16 PM
I don't see runtime anywhere in the mfs database .. and what needs to be changed has to be in there somewhere..

darrin75
06-17-2005, 03:32 PM
TRY THIS ON A REGULAR RECORDING
dumpobj -closure FSID

Shows more info along the way. Look under the program ID.. Run Time is there..

darrin75
06-21-2005, 05:13 PM
lgkahn,

It seems at least at the moment nobody knows. I have searched everything I can think of. Still Nothing..

darrin75
06-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Ok my nowshowing list is working..But this is what I have done just to try..I had to adjust the xml catche in mfs_ftp. Then I extracted the tmf, checked the xml and bang its what I changed it to. Reinserted the tmf and now The duration is in the nowshowing guide. There has to be show way of doing this on the tivo side..

Update: duration was correct unitil it finished then back to 0.

darrin75
06-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Can anyone else verify that MovieRunTime variable is what is used in the nowshowing guide for duration. The duration object itself seems to only affect the playbar..Can anyone verify..

darrin75
07-23-2005, 12:50 AM
There is a object in the info screen on the tivo called streamfiledur: This is where the Nowshowing displays its time I think..I just can't find it in the mfs_db..Anyone know how to set this?