PDA

View Full Version : TyStream encryption

purple6816
06-24-2005, 12:18 PM
I have installed all the tytools stuff on the Dtivo and pc. In the instructions it tells me to disable encryption. How to I get the shows that are already recorded on the Tivo that are encrypted. Are there tools to decrypt my files before the install that are still encrypted.?

TyStream encryption is currently disabled.

Here is the status of your current recordings:

Encrypted CSO Set Stream Name
--------- ------- -----------------------------------------------------------
No No Sunrise Earth
No No The Carol Duvall Show
No No The Carol Duvall Show
No No Simply Quilts
No No The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
Yes Yes The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson
Yes Yes Jake 2.0
Yes Yes Without a Trace
Yes Yes ER
Yes Yes CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Yes Yes Simply Quilts

http://www.imbetterthanyou.com/hr10-250/

The Only Druid
06-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Yes. You're going to have to monte so you can use an unscramble kernel.

purple6816
06-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Monte.?

I can get the programs that I record now off. I want to get the ones that were on there before I hacked it. The shows that are encrypted.

94SupraTT
06-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Monte.?

I can get the programs that I record now off. I want to get the ones that were on there before I hacked it. The shows that are encrypted.

Druid just told you how to get off the shows that were encrypted BEFORE you undid scrambling.

This will get you pointed in the right direction. Also, read up on monte. You will need to monte into the custom kernel that allows you to pull off encrypted shows.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39207&highlight=unscramble

I'll make this simple. You did the NoCSO hack which disabled encryption. That does nothing for any of the shows you recorded BEFORE you did the NoCSO hack. To get those off you need to monte into a custom unscramble kernel found in the link I provided and then you can pull the shows off that are still scrambled...ie the shows you recorded before you did the NoCSO.