PDA

View Full Version : VLC 0.8.2 vstream modules!

stealthdave
06-29-2005, 02:03 PM
The new VLC 0.8.2 is out, and ty stream support is built-in! Woohoo!!! We still need separate vstream modules, though, and this thread is for that. So far, I only have the Mac OS X plugin; I'm having trouble compiling VLC 0.8.2 on Linux, but hopefully it will be coming soon. And to quoth the maid: "I don't do Windows." :)

To install on Mac, you need to drop the plugin into the VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/modules folder. In Finder, right click (or CTRL-Click) on VLC and select "Show Package Contents", and drop the plugin into the afore-mentioned folder.

So, Mac users, enjoy!

- Stealth Dave

EDIT - For those of you having trouble viewing ty streams in 0.8.2, please try the attached ty plugin. It should be more up to date than the one included in 0.8.2.

NoCalME
06-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I seem to be having problems with the new module for 0.8.2. When I make a selection from the playlist a black play window pops up and the audio plays for about a tenth of a second. The error message says "main: cannot pre fill buffer" and "vstream: net_Read failed. read 0 wanted 131072." Were you successful and getting streams to play with the new module you posted?

stealthdave
06-30-2005, 12:16 AM
I seem to be having problems with the new module for 0.8.2. When I make a selection from the playlist a black play window pops up and the audio plays for about a tenth of a second. The error message says "main: cannot pre fill buffer" and "vstream: net_Read failed. read 0 wanted 131072." Were you successful and getting streams to play with the new module you posted?
Yes, I have successfully tested the new module on a G3 iBook running Panther and a G5 iMac running Tiger. The TiVo is an old Philips S1 running vserver 1.2. It was compiled on the G3 iBook.

Ucvbn Bjfyuvs
06-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks Stealth Dave. I can now see my TiVo streams. But, alas... I can not play them. I can not even play local .ty files. I have an S2 TiVo and it looks like the libty_plugin.dylib bundled with VLC 0.8.2 only works with S1 :(

I guess it's back to VLC 0.8.1 until some kind person who knows more about this stuff than I do ports the S2 libty_plugin.dylib to 0.8.2 ;)

DonovansBrain
07-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks Stealth Dave. I can now see my TiVo streams. But, alas... I can not play them. I can not even play local .ty files. I have an S2 TiVo and it looks like the libty_plugin.dylib bundled with VLC 0.8.2 only works with S1 :(

I can't play local .ty files either. They seem to open, but only the time slider updates - there's no audio and video (no viewing window even appears). In fact, the time on the time slider increments in a screwy manner.

The vstream module doesn't work for me either - I know I've installed it correctly, but VLC says "don't know how to access tivo:// protocol" or something like that - I'm at work now.

I'm running it on OS X 10.4.1, using a UK Series 1 TiVo. Both modules worked fine for me in 0.8.1 so I'm not sure 0.8.2 how has screwed things up so badly. Rather disappointing to say the least. :confused:

ReidWings
07-05-2005, 04:27 PM

I have the exact same problem. Using a S2 Tivo. vlc 0.8.1 still works.

Edit: Updated module works--thanks! I still have trouble with live streams though (did with the old version too). They load but then hang until I pause/resume it, then it hangs again after a few seconds. I upgraded my wireless router to 802.11g hoping that would help, but it's still not working really.

stealthdave
07-05-2005, 10:48 PM
I have the exact same problem. Using a S2 Tivo. vlc 0.8.1 still works.
Please try the updated ty module at the top of this thread. Just replace the exising one in Contents/MacOS/modules/.

- Stealth Dave

Ucvbn Bjfyuvs
07-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Please try the updated ty module at the top of this thread. Just replace the exising one in Contents/MacOS/modules/.
AWESOME :D Thank you, Stealth Dave!

tx413
07-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Okay, sorry I'm late with these, but here's binaries for Windows and Intel Linux (FC3). They're compatible with VLC 0.8.2. Let me know if you have any problems. Pardon the ZIP format for the Linux binary, but it's all I can do at the moment.

I've also been working on the fast forward / rewind features, and have a version of that as well. It should be considered "beta"! I've tested it with all the streams I have and it seems to work OK, but I have NOT yet tested it with vstream. I'll post it in a few minutes. The source code will soon be in the sourceforge CVS repository if anyone wants it.

tx413

oakwcj
07-13-2005, 01:23 PM
As I expected, the linux binaries won't run on my FC4 x86_64 system. Once you've posted the source, I'll try to compile them myself. I remember that you once posted a set of instructions for building the modules from source, but I can't locate it now. Could you tell me where to find them? Because I wasn't able to compile vlc 0.82, a better approach for me would be to modify the freshrpms spec file to include the modules. Perhaps stealthdave could provide some guidance on how to accomplish that.

TIA.

stealthdave
07-13-2005, 01:45 PM
As I expected, the linux binaries won't run on my FC4 x86_64 system. Once you've posted the source, I'll try to compile them myself. I remember that you once posted a set of instructions for building the modules from source, but I can't locate it now. Could you tell me where to find them? Because I wasn't able to compile vlc 0.82, a better approach for me would be to modify the freshrpms spec file to include the modules. Perhaps stealthdave could provide some guidance on how to accomplish that.

TIA.
You can check out the source code from the CVS repository at http://tivo-vlc.sf.net. As for compiling, I have not yet successfully compiled VLC 0.8.2 on Linux. I'm running Ubuntu these days, and VLC just doesn't want to cooperate with it. Don't know why, it just doesn't. :( Don't know if there will be any architecture specific issues or not, but it's worth trying.

tx413
07-13-2005, 02:31 PM
As Stealthdave mentioned, the source can be had at Sourceforge. A direct link to the CVS repository there is http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tivo-vlc/. If you're going to use CVS to check them out, you might want to read how to do that here: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=134740.

And, since Sourceforge's CVS won't be updated until tomorrow, attached is the source for the latest demux module which includes support for skipping ahead and back. Note that this should be considered BETA as it has not been fully tested and still contains debug output.

oakwcj
07-13-2005, 05:09 PM
I was able to build the libtyplugin module. VLC plays .ty files properly now.

I checked out the vstream module files from CVS, but I wasn't successful in building the plugin, probably because the VLC make process aborted fairly early, even after applying the freshrpms patches.

oakwcj
07-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Using the source from today's vlc snapshot, I was able to get the make process far enough to generate the make files for vstream. [I used--disable-skins2 --disable-hal --with-fPIC].

Here is the output of the make process. Perhaps tx413 will be able to pinpoint the problem:

[joel@alcibiades vstream]$ make libvstream_plugin.so
source='bitmap.c' object='libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.TPo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../../../autotools/depcomp \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -DSYS_LINUX -I../../../include `top_builddir="../../.." ../../../vlc-config --cflags plugin vstream` -Wsign-compare -Wall -pipe -c -o libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.o `test -f 'bitmap.c' || echo './'`bitmap.c
bitmap.c: In function ‘vstream_bitmap_set’:
bitmap.c:31: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
source='crc.c' object='libvstream_plugin_a-crc.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/libvstream_plugin_a-crc.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/libvstream_plugin_a-crc.TPo' \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -DSYS_LINUX -I../../../include `top_builddir="../../.." ../../../vlc-config --cflags plugin vstream` -Wsign-compare -Wall -pipe -c -o libvstream_plugin_a-crc.o `test -f 'crc.c' || echo './'`crc.c
source='io.c' object='libvstream_plugin_a-io.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/libvstream_plugin_a-io.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/libvstream_plugin_a-io.TPo' \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -DSYS_LINUX -I../../../include `top_builddir="../../.." ../../../vlc-config --cflags plugin vstream` -Wsign-compare -Wall -pipe -c -o libvstream_plugin_a-io.o `test -f 'io.c' || echo './'`io.c
io.c:31:14: error: macro "net_Write" requires 5 arguments, but only 4 given
io.c: In function ‘vserver_read_req’:
io.c:30: error: ‘net_Write’ undeclared (first use in this function)
io.c:30: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
io.c:30: error: for each function it appears in.)
io.c:34: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 6 has type ‘long unsigned int’
io.c: In function ‘mfs_vstream_read_sectors’:
io.c:57: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
io.c:57: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
io.c:97:41: error: macro "net_Read" requires 6 arguments, but only 5 given
io.c:96: error: ‘net_Read’ undeclared (first use in this function)
io.c:99: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
io.c:111:36: error: macro "net_Read" requires 6 arguments, but only 5 given
io.c:113: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
io.c:120: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
make: *** [libvstream_plugin_a-io.o] Error 1

NOTE: FC4's compiler is gcc4. I see references here to gcc3. Could this be the source of the problem?

tx413
07-15-2005, 10:06 AM
oakwcj -

The solution is easy (I think). There's a "#define" at the top of the source file for io.c and vstream.c for which version of VLC you're compiling for. You need to change it from:

#define VLC_V081 1

to

#define VLC_V081 0

The older version of VLC had different definitions for some of its function calls and therefore required the configuration.

As for gcc4, I don't think you'll have any problems if you're only compiling the modules. I think there are some issues with other parts of VLC. Their website has more info.

BTW, there's an updated tydemux module in the source tree with some fixes for the skipping forward / backward. Still not completely tested, but works well on everything I have.

oakwcj
07-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Now I'm getting errors in vstream.c:

vstream.c
vstream.c: In function ‘fsid_to_parts’:
vstream.c:357: warning: format ‘%lld’ expects type ‘long long int’, but argument 8 has type ‘off_t’
vstream.c:436: warning: format ‘%lld’ expects type ‘long long int’, but argument 5 has type ‘off_t’
vstream.c: In function ‘fill_playlist’:
vstream.c:691: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘playlist_GroupToId’
vstream.c:694: error: ‘playlist_group_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)vstream.c:694: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vstream.c:694: error: for each function it appears in.)
vstream.c:694: error: ‘p_group’ undeclared (first use in this function)
vstream.c:694: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘playlist_CreateGroup’
vstream.c:701: error: ‘struct playlist_item_t’ has no member named ‘i_group’
vstream.c:755: error: ‘struct playlist_item_t’ has no member named ‘i_group’
make: *** [libvstream_plugin_a-vstream.o] Error 1

tx413
07-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Now I'm getting errors in vstream.c:
[...]It's the same thing as the other file. In my previous message I said that both vstream.c and io.c have the configuration setting.

I'll make sure it's in the readme file for the source.

oakwcj
07-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks for your patience. I compiled the vstream module. When I run tivo://mytivoaddress/plist, a live stream begins to play without any action on my part. I can open the playlist, but have no ability to select a program from the list. If I try to play a specific FSID, vlc crashes. I assume this is because there have been some changes between the 0.82 release and the snapshot I used. I'll just wait for another release of vlc which will compile on fc4 x86_64.

tx413
07-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks for your patience. I compiled the vstream module. When I run tivo://mytivoaddress/plist, a live stream begins to play without any action on my part. I can open the playlist, but have no ability to select a program from the list. If I try to play a specific FSID, vlc crashes. I assume this is because there have been some changes between the 0.82 release and the snapshot I used. I'll just wait for another release of vlc which will compile on fc4 x86_64.Well sometimes VLC will immediately start playing things that it sees in the playlist. That's why it takes off playing [live] because it's the first entry. There's code in there to prevent that, but maybe it's part of the other 64-bit issues you're having.

The snapshot you used works with 082 (after the 2 changes we discussed). But then that's on 32 bit machines with FC3 and gcc3. One day I'll have my AMD-64 machine running FC4 and will be able to debug and get it going there. Would be nice if Virtual PC emulated 64-bit.

oakwcj
07-16-2005, 10:57 AM
I think I may have identified where the problem is. I got these warnings during the make process:

vstream.c:357: warning: format ‘%lld’ expects type ‘long long int’, but argument 8 has type ‘off_t’
vstream.c:436: warning: format ‘%lld’ expects type ‘long long int’, but argument 5 has type ‘off_t’

Does this look relevant to you?

BTW, I installed the latest win binaries on my son's w2k machine -- which also has an Athlon64 processor, but obviously not a 64-bit OS -- and it displayed the same behavior: the playlist was generated but without any functionality.

tx413
07-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I think I may have identified where the problem is. I got these warnings during the make process:

Does this look relevant to you?Those two lines are only for debug output, so they really wouldn't affect behaviour. However, they do point out the main problem. That is the difference between 32 and 64 bit compilers & code: integers, long integers, and long long integers are different sizes on 32 vs 64 bit and pre-defined types like "off_t" may be different sizes as well. The code's full of those and there are probably many places where there is an issue, but the compiler won't complain. That's why it's going to take time to get it working with 64 bit architecture.

howdy29
07-20-2005, 02:00 PM
...When I run tivo://mytivoaddress/plist, a live stream begins to play without any action on my part. I can open the playlist, but have no ability to select a program from the list...

I have the same behavior. I have tried my 2 Tivos from 2 XP (1 Pro/1 Home) machines. I just installed 0.8.2 VLC and the Tivo dlls (R45). I have not tried to run a specific ID though.

stealthdave
07-20-2005, 04:26 PM
I have the same behavior. I have tried my 2 Tivos from 2 XP (1 Pro/1 Home) machines. I just installed 0.8.2 VLC and the Tivo dlls (R45). I have not tried to run a specific ID though.
I have the same behavior on Mac OS X 0.8.2 VLC.

oakwcj
07-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I continued my discussions on this subject with TX413. He discovered a bug in the vstream.c code and posted a revised version in CVS at sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tivo-vlc/) . I compiled the libvstream plugin for linux and it works fine. He was going to try to post something about this, but he was extremely busy and about to leave the country for a few weeks. If anyone is running linux on an x86_64 platform, I'd be happy to send you my binary, but it won't help anybody else.

howdy29
07-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the update. Looks like I will have to wait a while before trying out this feature.

tx413
08-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Ok I'm back. The vstream module required some changes due to recent changes in VLC's playlist logic (before they released v0.8.2). So here's the win and i386-linux binaries for vstream module. As oakwcj mentioned, the source code is available on sourceforge.

This should fix everyone's problems with playlists. If not, please let me know.

howdy29
08-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Looks real good thanks :D

stealthdave
08-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Sorry for the delay! The OS X vstream module has been updated to r49. This fixes the auto-start issue. Download from the first post of this thread.

Gunnyman
08-23-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm running VLC 082 on Tiger.
When doing tivo://my-tivo-ip-address/plist
I get

vstream: unable to connect to 192.168.1.105:8074
main: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.1.105/plist'
I put the latest modules from this thread in my modules directory.
Streaming works fine in Tivotool so I know vserver is running. What the heck am I missing?

joewhite
08-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Gunnyman,

the address should be

tivo/ty://my-tivo-ip-address/plist

now, if could just get fast forward and rewind to work correctly!

-Joe

Gunnyman
08-24-2005, 08:22 AM
ok tried that
still no love

Gunnyman
08-24-2005, 09:19 AM
it's just as I suspected,
I am an *****.
I apparantly neglected to update my vserver to jamie's latest.
Once I did that, all is working again.

santa8claws
08-25-2005, 10:43 PM
I have a Toshiba DVDR Tivo unit that outputs HD (720x480 mpeg2 and AC3 stereo audio) and don't get any audio with VLC 0.8.2, but it does work when I use WMP with the TyShow directshow filters.

The tivo is DNS hostname 'tivo', and here's the messages log:

main debug: adding playlist item `tivo://tivo/380300' ( tivo://tivo/380300 )
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: `tivo://tivo/380300' gives access `tivo' demux `' path `tivo/380300'
main debug: creating demux: access='tivo' demux='' path='tivo/380300'
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 0 candidates
main debug: thread 3460 (input) created at priority 1 (src/input/input.c:230)
main warning: no access_demux module matched "tivo"
main debug: creating access 'tivo' path='tivo/380300'
main debug: looking for access2 module: 5 candidates
vstream debug: host 'tivo:8074', fsid '380300'
vstream debug: opening net.
main debug: net: connecting to 'tivo:8074'
main debug: looking for network module: 2 candidates
ipv4 debug: connection in progress
main debug: using network module "ipv4"
main debug: unlocking module "ipv4"
vstream debug: net open
vstream debug: super loaded.
vstream debug: zones loaded.
vstream debug: connected to host
vstream debug: fsid_to_parts(): index 0, file 417173, chunks 2823, size 370016256
vstream debug: fsid_to_parts(): index 1, file 417174, chunks 2823, size 370016256
vstream debug: fsid_to_parts(): index 2, file 417175, chunks 2751, size 360579072
vstream debug: fsid_to_parts(): No More Part Files
vstream debug: fsid_to_parts(): totalsize 1099038720
main debug: using access2 module "vstream"
main debug: pre buffering
main debug: received first data for our buffer
main debug: prebuffering done 163835 bytes in 0s - 267 kbytes/s
main debug: creating demux: access='tivo' demux='' path='tivo/380300'
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 38 candidates
ty debug: valid TY stream detected
ty debug: probe: chunk has 0 0x6e0 recs, 4 0xbe0 recs.
ty debug: detected Series 2 Tivo
ty debug: detected AC-3 Audio (DTivo)
main debug: selecting program id=0
main debug: using demux2 module "ty"
main debug: looking for decoder module: 24 candidates
main debug: using decoder module "a52"
main debug: thread 3720 (decoder) created at priority 2 (src/input/decoder.c:159)
main debug: looking for decoder module: 24 candidates
main debug: using decoder module "libmpeg2"
main debug: thread 3712 (decoder) created at priority 0 (src/input/decoder.c:159)
main debug: `tivo://tivo/380300' successfully opened
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #0
ty debug: skipping TY PART Header
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #1
libmpeg2 debug: 720x480, aspect 576000, 29.971 fps
main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 2
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 3
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 4
a52 debug: emulated sync word (no sync on following frame)
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 5
main debug: looking for video output module: 5 candidates
vout_directx debug: creating DirectXEventThread
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow
vout_directx debug: Created video sub-window
main debug: thread 3792 (DirectX Events Thread) created at priority 0 (directx.c:261)
vout_directx debug: DirectXEventThread running
vout_directx debug: DirectXInitDDraw
vout_directx debug: directx-device:
vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: Primary Display Driver, display
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #2
vout_directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1024x768)
vout_directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1
vout_directx debug: End DirectXInitDDraw
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateDisplay
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateClipper
main debug: using video output module "vout_directx"
vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12
vout_directx debug: YUV overlay created successfully
vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (succeeded)
main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s)
main debug: picture in 720x480 (0,0,720x480), chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: picture user 720x480 (0,0,720x480), chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: picture out 720x480, chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-6 to system pictures 1-7
main debug: thread 3820 (video output) created at priority 1 (src/video_output/video_output.c:466)
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #3
ty debug: Invalid record type 0x0d
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #4

Can anyone offer any assistance?
Thanks!
-- S8C

tx413
08-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I have a Toshiba DVDR Tivo unit that outputs HD (720x480 mpeg2 and AC3 stereo audio) and don't get any audio with VLC 0.8.2, but it does work when I use WMP with the TyShow directshow filters.

The tivo is DNS hostname 'tivo', and here's the messages log:
[...]

Can anyone offer any assistance?
Looks like there's some packet or alignment problems with the S2 HD AC-3 audio. The demux works well with other S2 AC-3 streams, but maybe there's some difference for HD. I don't have a stream like that, so I wasn't able to test compatability with those. If you could get me a small stream, I could probably fix the problem and release a new version.

santa8claws
09-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Here's a "small" 24 second clip about 22Mb to download that doesn't play the audio in VLC. I extracted the .ty directly from uber-export rather than TyTool, but you have to remove the space between "tiny" and "url" to get the link to work.

http://www.tiny url.com/cjswj

Thanks again for looking at this!
-- S8C

tx413
09-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Here's a "small" 24 second clip about 22Mb to download that doesn't play the audio in VLC. I extracted the .ty directly from uber-export rather than TyTool, but you have to remove the space between "tiny" and "url" to get the link to work.Got it; thanks. I'll look at it and let you know what I find.

copen
09-10-2005, 10:20 AM
I've got the vstream module working in VLC, however, I can't seem to get the crop feature working. I enabled the crop filter, set the string to 640x480x50x50, but don't see any pixels getting cropped. In fact, it seems that no matter what string I put in, crop doesn't work.

Is crop working for anyone else?

konfoo
09-13-2005, 03:47 AM
Crop only works for the display window (it will not crop the output). I believe there are some other issues with it not working at all. Check the buglist for VLC.

santa8claws
09-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Got it; thanks. I'll look at it and let you know what I find.

Haven't seen any activity on this and I just wanted to know if you were able to reproduce the problem. Any way I can help troubleshoot this further?
Thanks!
- S8C

wizziwig
09-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Anyone working on a solution to the crash that occurs when streaming files larger than 2GB? Happens whenever you reach or seek beyond this position in the file. I hope this is not some general limitation with the Windows version of VLC.

I'm going through the source code now but working with the cygwin gdb debugger is a real pain compared to MSVC++.

davethenerd
09-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Greetings, I'm a Mac guy with Series 2, and can't for the life of me figure out (or find out) how to use VLC with my TiVo! Help, please! :-)

-Dave

santa8claws
09-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Anyone working on a solution to the crash that occurs when streaming files larger than 2GB? Happens whenever you reach or seek beyond this position in the file. I hope this is not some general limitation with the Windows version of VLC.

I'm going through the source code now but working with the cygwin gdb debugger is a real pain compared to MSVC++.

I'm pretty sure that this is a limitation to the windows fat file system, although the crash could be handled more "user-friendly." Have you tried this on an NTFS file system, or better yet using this on a non-windows platform like linux?
- S8C

wizziwig
10-03-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that this is a limitation to the windows fat file system, although the crash could be handled more "user-friendly." Have you tried this on an NTFS file system, or better yet using this on a non-windows platform like linux?
- S8C

After doing more debugging last weekend, I ended up finding the problem. It was a bug in the ty demuxer module. There was some truncation of values from 64-bit to 32-bit that was causing bad (negative) file offsets to be generated.

I'm attaching the new source code so you guys can build new modules if you need > 2 GB support. Only tested this on Win32 (cygwin), VLC 0.8.4 codebase. Someone should probably merge these changes into the official source tree.

-Mark

jarma4
10-21-2005, 10:27 PM
it's just as I suspected,
I am an *****.
I apparantly neglected to update my vserver to jamie's latest.
Once I did that, all is working again.

I'm having the same problem. My vserver came with busybox I believe, can you tell me where I get the updated version?

Gunnyman
10-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Jamie's unified tools has the latest Vserver and depending on the age of your tiotools.tar it may be already there.

Gunnyman
10-24-2005, 05:19 AM
Is there a way to get the links in Tivoweb's now playing UI module to open in VLC on my Mac, the way they work with MS Media Player in Windows?

copen
11-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Haven't seen any activity on this and I just wanted to know if you were able to reproduce the problem. Any way I can help troubleshoot this further?
Thanks!
- S8C

I hear this same problem... that is, AC3 (a52) audio from HD-Tivo .ty files stutter in VLC playback. Which is really too bad, since the ethernet connection is *just* about beefy enough to real-time stream HD media. But even if I copy a full .ty file to my HD and play it back, it stutters. BTW, I'm using Mac VLC 0.8.2.

Does anyone else experience this? Known bug?

Thanks.

Josh
11-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Is there a way to display the episodes info in the playlist to seperate multiple instances of the same show?
Thanks,
Josh

Gunnyman
11-18-2005, 12:10 AM
This has driven me nuts for months and I finally figured it out.
First download more internet:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16066
add protocol tivo and tell it to open with vlc.
next you need to modify the tivoweb module ui.itcl.
Find the line that says

set delete_td "$delete_td [td [html_link "/asx/$fsid.asx" "View"]]"
change it to say
set delete_td "$delete_td [td [html_link tivo://192.168.1.106/$fsid "View"]]" change the ip to your tivo's ip (duh)
lastly edit tivoweb.cfg to say TyShowLinks = 1.
restart tivowebplus.
Your now showing list will now have view links that can be seen with vlc.

az1324
11-21-2005, 06:36 AM
I've got the vstream module working in VLC, however, I can't seem to get the crop feature working. I enabled the crop filter, set the string to 640x480x50x50, but don't see any pixels getting cropped. In fact, it seems that no matter what string I put in, crop doesn't work.

Is crop working for anyone else?

Yeah the video output crop function using croptop, etc... doesn't work in 0.8.2 but it works in 0.8.4 beta. Now someone just needs to make the ty_plugin.dll work with 0.8.4 and I'll be a happy camper. Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

I'll beg if i have to. ;)

mjhorv
11-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Still getting this error on macosx has anyone figured out how to fix it?
vstream: net_Read failed. read 0 wanted 131072.

copen
11-26-2005, 02:19 AM
Still getting this error on macosx has anyone figured out how to fix it?
vstream: net_Read failed. read 0 wanted 131072.

Looks like a network problem. It read 0 bytes, and but wanted to reach 128Kbytes (TY chunk).

mjhorv
11-26-2005, 09:42 AM
looks like this is a network issue. I have a airport extreme and a airport express as repeater. My tivo is connected to airport express via ethernet. When i stream in the living room on my xp laptop which is connected to express it works fine. but when i connect to airport extreme on the other side of house xp laptop does not work either. guess i will have to run some cat5 instead of wireless and see what happens.

Fofer
11-26-2005, 08:43 PM
This has driven me nuts for months and I finally figured it out.
<snip>
Your now showing list will now have view links that can be seen with vlc.

This works great and is so awesome... all hail Gunnyman! Thanks very much for figuring this out and sharing with us.

plcdude
11-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Hello All,

Anyone got a new vstream module, win32 version, for VLC 0.8.4?

I tried using the one for 0.8.2 but as I expected it did not work :(

Thanks

oakwcj
12-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I compiled the libty and vstream modules on my fedora 4 x86_64 system against the vlc 0.8.4 source code and am happy to report that they work flawlessly. Before replacing the libty_plugin.so that comes with 0.8.4, I couldn't even play .ty files, let alone get them to stream from the TiVo. TX413's installation instructions for 0.8.2 work without any changes.

az1324
12-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Someone please build and release this for 0.8.4 win32.

awind
12-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Howdy,

Let me start off by tell you that when it comes to building c code, I am stumbling around in the dark. So if you need help or this doesn't work, dont ask me. I have been trying, but failed to compile vlc 0.8.4 for win32. I did however get a nightly release to halfway build enough to make the plugins. And so far they seem to work with the vlc 0.8.4 release on my box. Hopefully I am not stepping on anyone's toes by attaching these here.

Good luck,
awind

santa8claws
12-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi,
Thanks for posting this build, I tested this on the streams from my Toshiba DVDR unit and at least I can say it works the same as previous versions, but I still don't get any audio from my streams.

Ex:
http://www.tiny.url.com/cjswj (http://www.tiny%75rl.com/cjswj)

I think something must be wrong with the a52 decoder stream since it is (still) choking on some kind of sync error:

main debug: `D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty' gives access `' demux `' path `D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty'
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate
main debug: thread 3848 (input) created at priority 1 (src/input/input.c:230)
main debug: creating access '' path='D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty'
vcd debug: trying .cue file: D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.cue
access_file debug: opening file `D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty'
main debug: using access2 module "access_file"
main debug: prebuffering done 163835 bytes in 0s - 968 kbytes/s
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty'
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 41 candidates
ts warning: TS module discarded (lost sync)
ty debug: processing TY stream
ty debug: probe: chunk has 0 0x6e0 recs, 3 0xbe0 recs.
ty debug: detected Series 2 Tivo
ty debug: detected AC-3 Audio (DTivo)
main debug: selecting program id=0
main debug: using demux2 module "ty"
main debug: looking for a subtitle file in D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\
main debug: autodetected subtitle: {XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty.txt with priority 3
main warning: drive letter D: found in source
main debug: `D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty.txt' gives access `' demux `' path `D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty.txt'
main debug: creating access '' path='D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty.txt'
vcd debug: trying .cue file: D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty.cue
access_file debug: opening file `D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty.txt'
main debug: using access2 module "access_file"
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='subtitle' path='D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty.txt'
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 2 candidates
vobsub debug: this doesn't seem to be a vobsub file
main error: option sub-original-fps does not exist
subtitle debug: autodetecting subtitle format
subtitle error: failed to recognize subtitle type
main warning: no demux2 module matching "subtitle" could be loaded
main error: no suitable demux module for `/subtitle://D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty.txt'
main debug: unlocking module "access_file"
main debug: looking for decoder module: 27 candidates
main debug: using decoder module "a52"
main debug: thread 3952 (decoder) created at priority 2 (src/input/decoder.c:159)
main debug: looking for decoder module: 27 candidates
main debug: using decoder module "libmpeg2"
main debug: thread 4000 (decoder) created at priority 0 (src/input/decoder.c:159)
main debug: `D:\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.bad\{XXX}{1970-01-01}{}{FX}.ty' successfully opened
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #0
ty debug: first TY pts in master is 00:00:00
ty debug: final TY pts in master is 00:10:11
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #1
libmpeg2 debug: 720x480 (display 720,480), aspect 576000, sar 8:9, 29.971 fps
main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one
main debug: window size: 720x540
main debug: looking for video output module: 5 candidates
vout_directx debug: creating DirectXEventThread
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow
vout_directx debug: Created video sub-window
main debug: thread 3924 (DirectX Events Thread) created at priority 0 (directx.c:261)
vout_directx debug: DirectXEventThread running
vout_directx debug: DirectXInitDDraw
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 2
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 3
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 4
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 5
vout_directx debug: directx-device:
vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: Primary Display Driver, display
vout_directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1024x768)
vout_directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1
vout_directx debug: align_boundary_src=0,0 align_boundary_dest=1,1 align_size_src=0,0 align_size_dest=0,0
vout_directx debug: End DirectXInitDDraw
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateDisplay
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateClipper
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #2
main debug: using video output module "vout_directx"
vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12
vout_directx debug: YUV overlay created successfully
vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (succeeded)
main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s)
main debug: picture in 720x480 (0,0,720x480), chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: picture user 720x480 (0,0,720x480), chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: picture out 720x480 (0,0,720x480), chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-6 to system pictures 1-7
main debug: thread 3812 (video output) created at priority 1 (src/video_output/video_output.c:416)
main warning: backward_pts != current_pts (272363)
main warning: late picture skipped (26367)
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #3
ty debug: Invalid record type 0x0d
ty debug: parsing ty chunk #4

Anyone have an idea why this error is happening?