PDA

View Full Version : Suggested new category

Abone9
07-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I am not sure how many people that frequent these forums are Mac users but it seems that from what I have seen there are quite a few. The problems I have had is the mix of Windows and OS X solutions that are all mixed together and can make it hard to find what you are searching for. With this in mind I was thinking that if there was enough demand for a OS X & Tivo only category the admins might consider creating one. I know us OS X users are the minority around here so I will understand if it doesn't happen, but you can't blame a guy for asking can ya? At any rate I just wanted to thank the guys/gals that keep this place going for creating such a great resource for the tivo hacking community!

Aaron

captain_video
07-03-2005, 05:55 PM
I believe any procedures that will work on a Mac are already documented in specific threads on the individual topic under discussion. Used PCs that can be set up for hacking a Tivo hard drive are dirt cheap and plentiful on ebay. You can get a barebones PC with hard drive and memory for as little as $25 so there's little practical sense in trying to use a Mac or laptop for this purpose.

alldeadhomiez
07-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Linux works perfectly well on a Mac. There is no need for separate instructions; simply recompile the tools that you want to use (or find prebuilt versions, if they exist).

Moved to Questions and Comments.