PDA

View Full Version : Logos missing on HR10-250 and 3.1.5f after clear & delete and rehacked

parkersmith
07-05-2005, 12:50 PM
I was having issues this past week on my hacked, 3.1.5e HR10-250 where all shows (live TV and recorded) were having jerky video and the the remote would not work. I tried to do a "Clear and Delete Everything" and it stayed on the "Clearing... This will take an hour" screen all weekend. I decided to restore the drive to a backup of 3.1.5e that was before I hacked. That worked and I then got the new 3.1.5f load and did a "Clear and Delete" again. This time, it took 2 1/2 hours.

With the new 3.1.5f load, I had to rehack from scratch. I have loaded ethernet, telnet, tivoftpd, tivoweb plus 1.0, tserver, mfs_ftp, elseed, updated the drivers to the backported versions to increase network speed, applied the tivoapp patches for encryption, 30-sec skip, sort and then finally changed the bootpage to "updates=false"

All that said, looking in Tivo Web Plus, I have no logos in my database for the channels. The box has been up and running on 3.1.5f for 2 days now. Now that I have set the bootpage to "updates=false", am I going to get the logos? Do I need to give it more time, or change "updates=true"? Do the logos come over the air, or over the phone?

Smee
07-05-2005, 01:56 PM
All that said, looking in Tivo Web Plus, I have no logos in my database for the channels. The box has been up and running on 3.1.5f for 2 days now. Now that I have set the bootpage to "updates=false", am I going to get the logos? Do I need to give it more time, or change "updates=true"? Do the logos come over the air, or over the phone?

You can save yourself time and just load the logos slice which is posted here on the forums. Once you load the slice, restart your TiVo and your logos will be back. I have also noticed that logos seem to disapear after a full clear on my Tivo so I keep that as part of my setup after I do an image restore restore & reset.

Smee

parkersmith
07-05-2005, 04:37 PM
You can save yourself time and just load the logos slice which is posted here on the forums. Once you load the slice, restart your TiVo and your logos will be back. I have also noticed that logos seem to disapear after a full clear on my Tivo so I keep that as part of my setup after I do an image restore restore & reset.

Smee

Great! That worked. I found a couple of versions of the dbload30.tcl file. One from PTVupgrade forum worked and the deal database version did not.

Download the attachments(logo-67.zip and dbload30.tcl) and save locally. Unzip the logo-67.zip file. Open an FTP session to your TiVo and transfer the logo-67.slice and dbload30.tcl files to /var/tmp as binary files. Then TELNET to your TiVo and from the /var/tmp directory, type:

chmod u+x dbload30.tcl

tivosh dbload30.tcl logo-67.slice

The logo information slice will be loaded into your TiVo database. Now just type:

sync

reboot

and your logos should start to appear over the next several hours.

Since you tell it the name of the slice file, I'm not sure if the sync and reboot are required, but they worked for me. I now have all of my current logos, even on local channels. Hope this helps someone else.

emccann
03-21-2008, 06:09 PM
This also worked on my Hughes HDVR2 and DirecTV DVR SD-DVR40. GREAT STUFF!!! It took a little while for the DB to update the channels and the DVR was SLOW, SLOW, SLOW (in terms of CPU usage) for about an hour or so while allocating images to the channels, but the end result was perfect! Thanks so much for this tip!!!!

Best,

Eric McCann
Germantown, WI