PDA

View Full Version : Can't convert my TY files with Tystudio.

TivoDirect
07-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I just got my Tytools to extract the ty files from my DirecTivo S2 ver 6.2. I then went to tystudio and tried to open the ty file and got an error message saying that it won't work. Is there a special way I need to set up my tytools9r18 before I extract the files? what set up do I need inside the program? After I have the files what do I need to do in tystudio to get them to open up for editing? I can't even telnet into my tivo using Tystudio. It gives me an error also. It won't show me a now showing list either. Yes as you can figure it out by now I'm a Newbe at this tivo Hacking and linux stuff so bare with me. I guess what i'm trying to say is I need a better detailed step by step set up on how to set up the software right to get the job done?

I went through all the threads and found a hole lot of things that helped me alot. I Thank You all for that. This forum helped me a bunch. The thing is I'm doing all the things right but something is still wrong. It should be easier then it has been and it's not. It's not brain surguery it's Hackng "yes".

So if anyone's out there that can be so kind to help me and guide me in the right direction that would be awesome.

captain_video
07-15-2005, 10:27 AM
If you're able to extract the ty files with TyTools why not just continue using TyTools for editing as well? Here's a step by step walkthrough for using TyTools to create a DVD:

http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/extraction_articles/tivo_dvd.html

The guide uses an older version of TyTools so you'll need to change some of the commands and file names to suit the version you're using.

TivoDirect
07-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks captain, I'm going to try that this weekend. I skipped a lot of things that the site you told me to go to. I think using tytools alone will be a better choice. It said I have to unscramble it first. Is that the Ty file after I download it or is it running all the time?
Cross you fingers hope all this will work.
Thanks again.