PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: Etivo EtivoFace questions

kge
07-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Windows XP Home, Etivo 1.8.20.1, EtivoFace 0.5, .Net framework installed, TyShow installed, MfsFtp hack not installed

Installed Etivo and seems to be working fine (all tests="success!") Installed EtivoFace, started it with Etivo running, but get the "etivo service could not be contacted. Check that Etivo is running and that your config file correctly points to that service."

My questions are:
I can't use the EtivoWeb since I don't have XP Pro, so how, without that, how to do I check if Etivo is actually downloading and transcoding files? No files appear in my C:\Etivo folder, even after Etivo server has been running for a time.

How do I check to see if EtivoFace is configured correctly? I did install both programs in default locations.

Do I have to have MfsFtp hack installed for EtivoFace to work with Etivo?

Thanks!

malfunct
07-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Windows XP Home, Etivo 1.8.20.1, EtivoFace 0.5, .Net framework installed, TyShow installed, MfsFtp hack not installed

Installed Etivo and seems to be working fine (all tests="success!") Installed EtivoFace, started it with Etivo running, but get the "etivo service could not be contacted. Check that Etivo is running and that your config file correctly points to that service."

My questions are:
I can't use the EtivoWeb since I don't have XP Pro, so how, without that, how to do I check if Etivo is actually downloading and transcoding files? No files appear in my C:\Etivo folder, even after Etivo server has been running for a time.

How do I check to see if EtivoFace is configured correctly? I did install both programs in default locations.

Do I have to have MfsFtp hack installed for EtivoFace to work with Etivo?

Thanks!

Did you edit the XML file that gets installed in the etivoface directory so that it points correctly at your etivo server?

kge
07-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Did you edit the XML file that gets installed in the etivoface directory so that it points correctly at your etivo server?

Yes, it turned out that was my issue. I was able to successfully transfer and transcode one show, but the the subsequent 4 I tried failed. Believe it's somehow connected to the TTG malfunction that seems to be occurring widely since last evening, and not an Etivo/EtivoFace issue. Thanks for your quick reply and great program!