PDA

View Full Version : How do I install S2_unscramble?

TivoDirect
07-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I guess I need unscramble to convert, watch and burn my TY files? So I need some step by step ways to do this? I've been reading a hole lot of posts and my eyes are on fire. :eek: I have ptvnet installed with ptvupgrade and ver 6.2. I don't know what ver. kernel I have. If someone knows how I can obtain it please help? I am able to extract the ty files using tytools but when I do they won't convert to vob. files. Then I read that I need to get S2_unscramble and install it but when I got that the readme file said I need to killhdinid it. Well it's like this, I'm getting tired, I feel like i'm in a tunnel that doesn't end. Please help me or point me in the right direction? Step by step instructions would be the best help? I need help on installing the unscramble, Killhdinid, and what ever else I need to play and convert movies on my Dtivo?
thanks very much for the help so far and for the future help I'm definitely gonna need.
Rick

mvasquez
12-09-2006, 01:16 AM
I am following this thread because i am in the exact same position. I additionally have a question: if the shows were recorded on the tivo scrambled, do they need to be unscrambled once downloaded or does changing the setting (echo -ne "\x3C\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=10705308) unscramble them on the tivo itself?

marlboroman
12-09-2006, 11:29 PM
You should be adjusting tivoapp binary by modifying the hex as per mvasquez example above. The exact values to be used are dependant on the version of Tivo software you are running. This will only affect new recordings as they will now be recorded unecrypted. Verify using AW's ciphercheck which is bundled in his AOI binaries. It should indicate that CSO is unecrypted or something to that effect.

To get the old shows off, you need to load a monte kernel (as per drez comments below) that will decrypt the shows and a modified version of tserver. A little bit of a time sink but not all that difficult to do.

Whoa, I didn't see that the original post was actually over a year old. Why did you revive such an old thread when the info is out there?

drez
12-10-2006, 12:04 AM
To get the old shows off, you need to load a monte kernel that will decrypt the shows and a modified version of tserver.

That monte kernel that you load is the S2_unscramble kernel.

cheer
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
EDIT: nevermind; drez beat me to it.