PDA

View Full Version : Can I stream live signal to another Dtivo box?

TivoDirect
07-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I have 3 Dtivos and one of them is not hooked up because I can't get a RG6 cable to it what so ever. So my question is, can I somehow network it to another Dtivo that I already have networked to my pc? Is there a way I can send a live signal to a Dtivo box that doesn't have a direct connection to the dish? I have a philips dsr708 that is networked and the other box is a Sony sat t60. Also can I send shows that are already recorded on my philips to the sony? of course I have to get the sony networked first. That's a given.
Thanks
Rick

jasch
07-19-2005, 07:01 PM
If you could stream live tv, then it would defeat the purpose of having the subscribe the unit...

But to answer your question, I am pretty sure you cant. But you can move recorded programs between the units. I have an old unsubbed DSR6000, and I move programs from my subbed units all the times (I use the DSR6000 for storage)

toddcurry
08-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Modulate.

I have 3 tivos, one 400 DVD changer and a spare DTV box modulated onto channels that run to every TV in the house. Therefore I "stream live" from 3 tivo boxes simultaneously. Can record six shows and watch another live. Sick.

Requires that your cables are in a home run, but I've installed modulators in friends' houses that were simpler in nature.

Channelplus has a two-input modulator that you can get at amazon for $120 -- it's decent. I'm partial to channelvision -- stronger signal, adjustable gain, but more expensive.

You have to pay a lot for true stereo over these things (MTS) -- the SVM-22 and SVM-24 are really expensive. We watch locally in 5.1 in one room and in pseudo-stereo happily all over the house