PDA

View Full Version : DTiVo Hacking Info Question

ajpresto
07-20-2005, 10:12 AM
I see conflicting information on this site. There is a DTiVo hacking FAQ but a statement on every forum that indicates that DTiVo hacking is not to be discussed. Has something changed over the past few years that has forced a change in what is allowed on this board?

I don't want to break the rules, so I'm asking first. Thanks!

dave4089
07-20-2005, 10:37 AM
DirecTivo hacking is openly discussed. This includes expanding hard drives, enabling video extraction, etc.

What is not discussed is anything related to theft of service. An example of this would be hacking of the DirecTv access card to receive channels that you don't pay for.

Dave

JJBliss
07-20-2005, 11:05 AM
There is a DTiVo hacking FAQ but a statement on every forum that indicates that DTiVo hacking is not to be discussed.

It actually says "no DTV hacking", not "no DTiVo hacking"

Moved to Questions and Comments

ajpresto
07-20-2005, 11:59 AM
It actually says "no DTV hacking", not "no DTiVo hacking"

Moved to Questions and Comments

Ahh.. I'm an *****. Thanks!

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, as well. Thanks.

dobie
07-29-2005, 02:06 PM
my tivo is not working because i erased everything. my question is i have know land line, how can i get my tivo back?.

captain_video
07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
I assume that means you did a clear & delete everything and you have no way to make the initial calls. You can take your Tivo to a friend's house and let it make the initial calls from there and then install a nophone hack (i.e., fixsub, nophone, or fakecall) depending on your model Tivo and OS version. The calls only take a few minutes each.