PDA

View Full Version : EtiVo Version 1.0.1924.0 released.

Masnark
07-25-2005, 12:05 PM
New features:

- Can now queue shows and view queue status in a Window instead of only through EtiVoWeb.

- Fixes to TiVo To Go fetching and handling.

- Easier access to some of TiVo To Go setup.

- Bunch of other small fixes and tweaks.

Download: http://prish.com/EtiVo/downloads.htm

New screens shots:

http://prish.com/EtiVo/images/QueueStatus.PNG

http://prish.com/EtiVo/images/QueueShows.PNG

malfunct
07-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Does this fully replace EtiVoFace?

kge
07-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I just discovered this program about a week ago and have been using it with EtivoFace. It's terrific! I just downloaded the update, 1.0.1924.0, this morning and appreciate the new UI. However, in the Queue Shows window, Etivo "finds" my DVR (the line is green) but no recorded shows appear in the bottom part of the window below. I am able to add shows to be transferred using EtivoFace, and then those shows appear in Etivo's "Queue Status" window, once the transfer has begun.
What am I doing incorrectly that does not allow the DVR shows to list?
Thanks!

Masnark
07-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Does this fully replace EtiVoFace?

Not by a long shot (the change list makes note of that).

I only give functionality for managing queues and seeing queue status. I did not add functionality for:
* Viewing the catalog.
* Handling AutoTiVo.
* Working against ip addresses other than Localhost.

Not saying I will never make a complete Win32 version, but I doubt I will have time in the forseeable future.

I just discovered this program about a week ago and have been using it with EtivoFace. It's terrific! I just downloaded the update, 1.0.1924.0, this morning and appreciate the new UI. However, in the Queue Shows window, Etivo "finds" my DVR (the line is green) but no recorded shows appear in the bottom part of the window below. I am able to add shows to be transferred using EtivoFace, and then those shows appear in Etivo's "Queue Status" window, once the transfer has begun.
What am I doing incorrectly that does not allow the DVR shows to list?
Thanks!

Did you select the green line?

kge
07-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Did you select the green line?

There we go! Thanks.

GrandeLatte
07-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Just upgraded Etivo Server...
It copies and encodes to mpg properly, but doesn't encode in wmv. The following error message occurs on the Status screen:

"Could not run encoder. Error: The root element is missing"

I notice that it didn't copy the selected wme file from the c:\program files\etivoserver directory to the Output directory.

Is this a bug, or did I forget to reset something up after installing the new etivoserver version.

Thank Ye,
Stu

Masnark
07-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Just upgraded Etivo Server...
It copies and encodes to mpg properly, but doesn't encode in wmv. The following error message occurs on the Status screen:

"Could not run encoder. Error: The root element is missing"

I notice that it didn't copy the selected wme file from the c:\program files\etivoserver directory to the Output directory.

Is this a bug, or did I forget to reset something up after installing the new etivoserver version.

Thank Ye,
Stu

This should be a simple update. No resetting of anything needed other than uninstall and install.

When you say you dont see the files n the Output dir, do you mean they are not there at all? If EtiVo ever ran, they should be there. Did you change directories or anything similar between uninstall and install?

GrandeLatte
07-25-2005, 07:01 PM
This should be a simple update. No resetting of anything needed other than uninstall and install.

When you say you dont see the files n the Output dir, do you mean they are not there at all? If EtiVo ever ran, they should be there. Did you change directories or anything similar between uninstall and install?

I mean it didn't copy the specified encoding '.wme' profile chosen on the "FindShowsToEncode" web page. The output directory does contain the .xml file and the converted .mpg file. The actual wmv conversion failed, so I thought it may have been because it didn't copy the wme profile over before encoding. maybe it's just another symptom.

If no-one else has this issue, don't worry about it. Maybe i just need to reconfigure something.

Masnark
07-25-2005, 07:07 PM
I mean it didn't copy the specified encoding '.wme' profile chosen on the "FindShowsToEncode" web page. The output directory does contain the .xml file and the converted .mpg file. The actual wmv conversion failed, so I thought it may have been because it didn't copy the wme profile over before encoding. maybe it's just another symptom.

If no-one else has this issue, don't worry about it. Maybe i just need to reconfigure something.

I see what you mean now.

Can you attach an excerpt from SlaveEncoder.xml please? It should have more complete error info.

capteeou
07-27-2005, 12:44 AM
I've gotten this error a couple of times now when manually queing programs. It started when I installed the 1.0.1924.0 version.

<Status>Failed</Status>
<EncoderSettings>WmvArchive.wme</EncoderSettings>
<FailureReason>Fetching failed:System.IO.IOException: The specified network name is no longer available. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite() at System.IO.FileStream.Flush() at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing) at System.IO.FileStream.Close() at System.IO.Stream.System.IDisposable.Dispose() at EtiVo.Service.TiVoToGoFetcher.Fetch(QueueItem item) at EtiVo.Service.QueueItem.Fetch()</FailureReason>
</EtiVoRuntimeInfo>
</ShowInfo>

Masnark
07-27-2005, 02:27 AM
I've gotten this error a couple of times now when manually queing programs. It started when I installed the 1.0.1924.0 version.

<Status>Failed</Status>
<EncoderSettings>WmvArchive.wme</EncoderSettings>
<FailureReason>Fetching failed:System.IO.IOException: The specified network name is no longer available. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite() at System.IO.FileStream.Flush() at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing) at System.IO.FileStream.Close() at System.IO.Stream.System.IDisposable.Dispose() at EtiVo.Service.TiVoToGoFetcher.Fetch(QueueItem item) at EtiVo.Service.QueueItem.Fetch()</FailureReason>
</EtiVoRuntimeInfo>
</ShowInfo>

1. Are you using a share (\\xxx\yyy) for your files?
2. Could it be that your network got disconnected during this (any disconnection -- Router reset, wire disconnected etc)

capteeou
07-27-2005, 08:32 AM
1. Are you using a share (\\xxx\yyy) for your files?
2. Could it be that your network got disconnected during this (any disconnection -- Router reset, wire disconnected etc)

I reset my wireless access point and it's working now. I think I'm going to hardwire my tivo to my LAN.

Thanks for your help :)

rbivins
07-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Hello!

Well, after the initial install, I was able to download shows, but encoded shows would stop after 25-50 minutes of play time. Each show would stop at a different location. I checked the file sizes of the d/l-ed files and they were correct. However, when I opened them in WMP, it would show the shortened run time. I thought it might be the setpri bug, however, since it was stopping at different locations in the files, I was a little skeptical. Also, the fact that movies have not had this problem points me away from the setpri bug. Every movie encodes to the proper length. Only TV shows get truncated.

I started deleting the affected shows and letting the AutoTivo re-fetch and re-encode them. The second time around, each show seems to be encoding to the proper length. However, movies that are encoding are now encoding without any sound. TV shows have sound, movies do not.

Any clue as to what might be going on?

Thanks in advance.