PDA

View Full Version : svcd 480x480 @ 5.000MBit/s

panjabi
08-03-2005, 01:53 AM
i want to set set my live and high resolutions recordings at svcd 480x480 at 5mb/s i have changed the high resolution . my live mode is always at best even i have changed to 75, 2nd problem is that i have changed the resolutions for high at 5000000 but i still get 3.5 when i download to my computer from tivo. any solutions?

eastwind
08-03-2005, 02:07 AM
i want to set set my live and high resolutions recordings at svcd 480x480 at 5mb/s i have changed the high resolution . my live mode is always at best even i have changed to 75, 2nd problem is that i have changed the resolutions for high at 5000000 but i still get 3.5 when i download to my computer from tivo. any solutions?
How did you apply the changes?
When you revisit them what do they say?
What TiVo are you using?
What software version?

ew

panjabi
08-03-2005, 10:30 PM
its philips sa1 3.0
hdr 312
installed tivoweb plus
and these are my settings
AltBitrates

0 MinRecordQuality
100 MaxRecordQuality
75 DefaultRecordQuality
75 DefaultLiveRecordQuality
100 RecordQualityBest
75 RecordQualityHigh
40 RecordQualityMedium
0 RecordQualityBasic
5215000 DBSBestVBRBitrate
5960000 DBSBestMAXBitrate
4 DBSBestResolution
5000000 DBSHighVBRBitrate
5000000 DBSHighMAXBitrate
2 DBSHighResolution
2415000 DBSMediumVBRBitrate

eastwind
08-04-2005, 06:08 AM
You probably need to change your Bitrates. And the DBS rates only apply to satellite feeds. If you're recording from OTA or a cable source, change the appropriate numbers.
And don't forget to turn off VBR recording.
ew

panjabi
08-05-2005, 10:27 AM
my video sourcs is dishnetwork, how do you turn off vbr and as you can see that for dbs i have set bitrates to 5mb/s but it still has not changed and i even set tha live recording to 75 but it still records at best 100 why?

eastwind
08-05-2005, 10:41 AM
its philips sa1 3.0
hdr 312
installed tivoweb plus
and these are my settings
AltBitrates

<SNIP>

You probably need to change your Bitrates.

Just to add some emphasis. I think the Menu item for VBR is 'Save Disk Space' or something like that. Don't save and you get CBR.

ew

panjabi
08-05-2005, 02:45 PM
im not using save disk option, but my problem still is that bitrates did not change and live mode did not change from best to high from 100 75

panjabi
08-07-2005, 12:41 AM
you mean no one knows the answer to this. so it must not be doable i guess. ill ask again all i want is my live recording or buffer recording at 480x480 @ about 5mb/s. so i changed my live recording to 75 from hundred and in tivo resources it shows 75 but its not recording at that its recordint at best. i also changed the bit rate for high from 3.5mb/s to 5.mb/s and in resources it shows 5mb/s but it has not changed from 3.5mb. what im i missing.? i have latest webplus philips sa1 with 3.0 software

eastwind
08-07-2005, 09:30 AM
you mean no one knows the answer to this. so it must not be doable i guess. ill ask again all i want is my live recording or buffer recording at 480x480 @ about 5mb/s. so i changed my live recording to 75 from hundred and in tivo resources it shows 75 but its not recording at that its recordint at best. i also changed the bit rate for high from 3.5mb/s to 5.mb/s and in resources it shows 5mb/s but it has not changed from 3.5mb. what im i missing.? i have latest webplus philips sa1 with 3.0 software
I gave you what looked like the answer, but you ignored it.

ew

panjabi
08-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Eastwind, thanx for replying to my questions. Im sorry if i have ignored something but i didn't. I have only been hacking for about a month now so if you are giving me some instruction, i m not ignoring it im probbly not understanding you. In the resources, it has saved the setting i gave it but it is not using those settings for some reason so i don't know what to do, if you could instruct me from the begining step by step, they may help me otherwise im doing everything that i have read in the post on how to change settings
thank you

eastwind
08-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Try changing yout Bitrates instead of your AltBitrates.

ew

panjabi
08-07-2005, 03:03 PM
thanks again for writing , i have changed bitrates and albitrates with same info in each so do you mean that's my problem, i only need to change one. do you mean not to change altbitrates but do change bitrates i'll have to do that when i get home

eastwind
08-07-2005, 03:09 PM
No, I meant that you need to change the Bitrates. All you've said before is that you changed the AltBitrates. If you've already changed them, I don't know what to tell you. You've still failed to mention by what method you are changing the Bitrates (be very specific).

ew

panjabi
08-07-2005, 05:36 PM
do you c my third post, and that what it look now after changing you going through tivoweb plus and editing the resurces "both" and hitting enter after each change like i chnaged the live recore from 100 to 75 or the bitrate for high from 3.5 to 5 and then rebootin but the change has no effect on what i want to acomplish.

eastwind
08-07-2005, 05:59 PM
This will be my last post in this thread if I don't see any better results from you. I'm getting no feedback. The third post in this thread shows a page of ALTBitrates. If you have already changed the Bitrates page, you haven't showed me where or mentioned it. It's getting harder to read your posts, also.

ew

panjabi
08-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I am sorry Easwind i will not post here after this but seems like you are the only one who can help me. Please do not get upset if i am not following you. I will just stop here and sorry if i wasted you time too. I read the other post and i saw some of your posts in there too. it's about changing bitrates. I usually don't have to ask may question but it seems like this is the first time that i got stuck even after reading on how to do what other have succesfully done it. If you don't mind sir, and if you are still awake by the time i get home which would be about 7pm California time. I will be on Yahoo messanger, matter of fact my messanger stays on all the time. and my id is tonymehroke and if you don't mind pls pm me or if you have a yahoo id i can pm you and that is if you really want to help me and i think you do really want to help me, otherwise i would be just wasting your time.
thank you for all of your kind work.

panjabi
08-07-2005, 09:41 PM
i might have the answer to the problem. i have read many posts and it says after makeing changes to "bitrates" and "altbitrates" you have to click on "update resources" but in the "resource editor" im missing the link for "updated resources" like you can here. (http://home.insightbb.com/~dishhead4/resources.htm)
corect me if im wrong

eastwind
08-07-2005, 09:55 PM
i might have the answer to the problem. i have read many posts and it says after makeing changes to "bitrates" and "altbitrates" you have to click on "update resources" but in the "resource editor" im missing the link for "updated resources" like you can here. (http://home.insightbb.com/~dishhead4/resources.htm)
corect me if im wrong
I clicked on the link, but I saw the Update Resources link (under the box with the other three). After you click that it will way "Resources Updated - Reboot" or something like that.

ew

panjabi
08-07-2005, 11:47 PM
thats what my question is that i don't have that in my resources do you think maybe that' where the problem is?