PDA

View Full Version : TivoWebPlus v1.2 Devlopment and Testing

Pages : [1] 2

falcontx
08-06-2005, 04:03 PM
TivoWebPlus * TiVoWeb with a kick!
=======================================

Welcome to the TivoWebPlus v1.2 Development and Testing thread. If you are interested in helping with development or wish to test the latest version of TWP and provide detailed information regarding any bugs you may find, then you're in the right place. If you just need help with something, please visit the Official TWP web site and read the FAQ. If you still have a problem, please post in the TWP Support thread instead of this one.

The official TivoWebPlus website has moved to Sourceforge to allow others involved with the project to make updates and insure the latest version is available. Please visit the official site for the latest release!

Thanks to davidallen for coordinating the move and making the initial updates for this new release!

=======================================

Official website: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/

FAQ: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/faq.html

TWP Support thread: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38725

jonbig
08-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Looks like at least one place in the 1.2 code still has a call to "event send" unprotected by a version check for 6.2 or later. I got this when I tried to change the thumbs setting on a show:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_thumbs '' 'set "newthmb" "1";set "fsid" "270533";set "orgthmb" "-1";set "title" "The Stepford Wives";set "thumbtype" "Predicted";set "submit" "Set";'
can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable
while executing
"event send $TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED $TmkDataChanged::VIEWER_PREFERENCES $serverid"
(procedure "::action_thumbs" line 162)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

davidlallen
08-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Looks like at least one place in the 1.2 code still has a call to "event send" unprotected by a version check for 6.2 or later. [...]
can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable
(procedure "::action_thumbs" line 162)

Already fixed in version 1.2.1 (not released yet). Until it is released please change file tivowebplus/modules/lj_utils.itcl around line 284:

event send $TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED ...

You can just comment out the line; the real fix surrounds it with "if $::version < 6". This fix was made by rbautch.

sabotage79
08-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Running 1.2. In Season Pass, and clicking on one of the shows..

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/1870522' ''
Error couldn't find starting offset in program key
while executing
"error "Error couldn't find starting offset in program key""
(procedure "get_programshowings" line 57)
invoked from within
"get_programshowings $objectid $watch"
(procedure "::action_series" line 61)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

This is a 2 day old hacked unit - Dtivo s2. Hope you can help.

Kind regards,
Ryan

jjk999
08-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Running TWP 1.2 on - Series 1 | Phillips | SW 3.0-01-1-000

When I click Screen link ( http://tivo/screen/ ) I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
invalid command name "SendKeyAndWait"
while executing
"SendKeyAndWait dumpState"
(procedure "::action_screen" line 14)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Other than that, everything else seems to be just fine!

Thanks,
John

davidlallen
08-10-2005, 03:19 AM

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
while executing

I'm not going to be able to help on this one; screen is only enabled for software version 3.x and my only unit is a 7.x. Did it work OK on a previous version of TWP? You can pick up the older "1.1pre2" version on the sourceforge web site.

jbebel
08-11-2005, 12:02 AM
On my SAS2 running 7.1, the main info page gives me this:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_info '/' ''
can't read "durationsecs": no such variable
while executing
"if { $durationsecs == 0 } {
set durationsecs $showingdurationsecs
}"
(procedure "rec_get_dur" line 21)
invoked from within
"rec_get_dur $rec"
invoked from within
"if { $state != "" } {
set recquality [dbobj $rec get RecordQuality]
if {$state == 5} {
set rectype 102
} else {
..."
("uplevel" body line 6)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type "/DiskUsed" "" 15 {
set rec [db $db openid $fsid]
scan $name "%d:%d:%d:%d" spacetype junk streamsize fs..."
(procedure "::action_info" line 257)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

I haven't yet investigated it any further, but thought I'd just report the issue.

davidlallen
08-11-2005, 04:52 PM
The goal of this release is to incorporate UI work done previously by SteveT, and add some commonly-used modules: backup, channelprefs, and hackman.

To download, visit the main page at http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net

The good news is, there have been 450 downloads of twp 1.2 since it was released a week ago!

The bad news is, there have been almost a dozen support requests in the same period.

Some recent work on twp has been done by SteveT and rbautch. Is there anybody else out there working on twp code who can help?

I have diagnosed a few of the posted problems via PM. I will have to learn the art of the pithy one-line "self-help" reply which many long-time members of this forum have mastered. I hope to add more of this self-help information to the FAQ on the main web page.

I will address the support requests as time permits.

Cheezmo
08-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I've been editing this in by hand every release, but I really like to see the channel name in the Now Showing list.

Here is the diff on the 1.2.1 version of ui.itcl...

3086d3085
< set stationname [dbobj $station get Name]
3229c3228
< puts $chan [tr "" [td $imageh] [td [html_link "/showing/$showingfsid" $title]] [td [html_link "/showing/$showingfsid" $eptitle $attrs][desc_show $hovertext]] [td $day] [td $date] [td $stationname] $delete_td]
---
> puts $chan [tr "" [td $imageh] [td [html_link "/showing/$showingfsid" $title]] [td [html_link "/showing/$showingfsid" $eptitle $attrs][desc_show $hovertext]] [td $day] [td $date] $delete_td]
3231c3230
< puts $chan [tr "" [td $imageh] [td [html_link "/series/$seriesfsid" $title]] [td [html_link "/showing/$showingfsid" $eptitle $attrs][desc_show $hovertext]] [td $day] [td $date] [td $stationname] $delete_td]
---
> puts $chan [tr "" [td $imageh] [td [html_link "/series/$seriesfsid" $title]] [td [html_link "/showing/$showingfsid" $eptitle $attrs][desc_show $hovertext]] [td $day] [td $date] $delete_td]
3294c3293
< puts $chan [tr "ALIGN=CENTER" [th ""] [th "Program"] [th "Episode"] [th "COLSPAN=2" "Date"] [th "Channel" $delete_th]
---
> puts $chan [tr "ALIGN=CENTER" [th ""] [th "Program"] [th "Episode"] [th "COLSPAN=2" "Date"] $delete_th]

HUGE
08-11-2005, 09:10 PM
The goal of this release is to incorporate UI work done previously by SteveT, and add some commonly-used modules: backup, channelprefs, and hackman.

To download, visit the main page at http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net

The good news is, there have been 450 downloads of twp 1.2 since it was released a week ago!

The bad news is, there have been almost a dozen support requests in the same period.

Some recent work on twp has been done by SteveT and rbautch. Is there anybody else out there working on twp code who can help?

I have diagnosed a few of the posted problems via PM. I will have to learn the art of the pithy one-line "self-help" reply which many long-time members of this forum have mastered. I hope to add more of this self-help information to the FAQ on the main web page.

I will address the support requests as time permits.

There is an error in the installation instructions :

/var/hacks
should be
/var hack (no "s")

HUGE

Cheezmo
08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
For what it is worth I tried to diagnose this...

The include of sendkey.itcl in httpd-tt.tcl is commented out which is why SendKeyAndWait is not defined.

I tried uncommenting the include, but sendkey.itcl uses ::version which hasn't been set yet.

I then tried moving the sendkey.itcl include down below where ::version was set and while everything loaded OK, clicking on "Screen" produced this in the Tivo log...

bgerror failed to handle background error.
Original error: extra switch pattern with no body
Error in bgerror: invalid command name "bgerror"

This did used to work on 3.1.5 with 1.1pre2.

I imagine the breakage has something to do with version checking and picking what sendkey to use, etc.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
while executing
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Other than that, everything else seems to be just fine!

Thanks,
John

davidlallen
08-11-2005, 10:12 PM
There is an error in the installation instructions : /var/hacks should be /var/hack (no "s")

That is an example. The directory name on my machine is different. Some other guy may have yet another directory name.

davidlallen
08-11-2005, 10:19 PM
I've been editing this in by hand every release, but I really like to see the channel name in the Now Showing list.

Here is the diff on the 1.2.1 version of ui.itcl...

Thanks. I will put that into the next release. But, to make it easier for me and other coordinators, let me strongly suggest people provide patchfiles instead of diffs. To incorporate your diff, I have to carefully cut and paste each partial line out of your output file. If you supply a patchfile instead, I simply use the unix patch command and it goes in automatically.

Creating a patchfile is easy. What you did was "diff oldfile newfile". Instead, do "diff -c oldfile newfile". This gives what is variously called a "context diff" or a "patchfile"; you could think of it as a list of automatic editing comands. Then I can use the program "patch" to merge it into my current source file.

Working with a plain diff is actually more painful than working with a whole modified copy of the file. If you had supplied a whole copy of the file, which other posters in the 1.1 thread have done, at least I can use "diff -c" and then "patch" on the file. But a patchfile is the easiest to work with.

davidlallen
08-11-2005, 10:29 PM
For what it is worth I tried to diagnose this...

Great! Thanks for the help. All the steps you did sound right. But then comes this error:

We need to track down where this comes from. You may be able to use the variable errorInfo to find out the line of code which is causing this. One way to do this is to execute tivosh by itself, instead of through the tivoweb script.

1. From the command line, "tivosh"
2. From the tivosh prompt, "source httpd-tt.tcl"
3. Wait for twp to fully initialize
4. Do the steps in your browser which cause the breakage
5. From the tivosh prompt, "set errorInfo"

Hopefully that will give a file, line number where you can go looking to fix the switch pattern problem.

This sort of problem "ought to" show up in a tcl linter program when run on the twp code. I have been a little scared to try this for fear of finding many bugs. But someday I will have to do it. Let's each try our approaches.

Rich04
08-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Just for the record, just installed and haven't found any issues yet, except for one. That being when you look at the program info and click on the description that links to tvtome as a search function, it leaves you at the new tv.com homepage. Can someone fix this search query???

DSR704
6.2 hacked, kernel 2.4.20

Thanks for all the hard work!

davidlallen
08-11-2005, 11:07 PM
On my SAS2 running 7.1, the main info page gives me this:
can't read "durationsecs": no such variable [...] (procedure "rec_get_dur" line 21)

This "may" be fixed in twp 1.2.1. Please give it a try and let us know the result.

davidlallen
08-11-2005, 11:42 PM
when you look at the program info and click on the description that links to tvtome as a search function, it leaves you at the new tv.com homepage. Can someone fix this search query???

This might be an easy fix. Please try the following. In your text editor on the tivo machine, edit file tivowebplus/ui.itcl. Search for all instances of "tvtome" and change to "tv". Save, exit, stop twp, restart twp. Do the links work now?

Please let us know your result. If it works I will incorporate the change into the next release.

davidlallen
08-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Cheezmo,

When I click Screen link ( http://tivo/screen/ ) I get: [...]

We need to track down where this comes from.

The tcl linter did highlight a problem. The following old code in sendkey.itcl is obscure, and appears to be completely bogus. One cannot put comments into switch statements.

switch $EventType \
# $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK {
binary scan $EventData II iContext serialNumber
if { $serialNumber == $id } {
set id ""
}
} \
default {
}

If I understand the intent correctly, the following code should work instead:

if {$EventType == $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK} {
if { $serialNumber == $id } { set id "" }
}

Please try that replacement. If it works, great. You have already made a couple of changes to fix this; please try making a patch and sending it to me so I can apply it to the code easily.

Rich04
08-12-2005, 12:06 AM
This might be an easy fix. Please try the following. In your text editor on the tivo machine, edit file tivowebplus/ui.itcl. Search for all instances of "tvtome" and change to "tv". Save, exit, stop twp, restart twp. Do the links work now?

That wouldn't work (simply changing tvtome to tv), but all I needed to do was find out where it was located, and I fixed it. The link should be changed to:

http://www.tv.com/search.php?type=11&stype=all&qs=$titlestrg&x=0&y=0

I tested it, and it works great. Try it out and let me know if I missed something. You should probably also change credit to TV.com instead of tvtome as well as the link to the correct homepage. I included my ui.itcl file with all of these fixes for reference.

davidlallen
08-12-2005, 01:01 AM
I included my ui.itcl file with all of these fixes for reference.

Checked in the fix. It will be in the next release.

Cheezmo
08-12-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure how to make a patch, and I'm sure the changes would break TWP for other versions...

But, if you have 3.X (I've only test 3.1.5f) you can get the screen method back by doing the following.

1) Uncomment the include of sendkey.itcl
2) edit sendkey.itcl, by removing the check for version 6 or less and just leaving

event register $TmkEvent::EVT_MW_STATUS EventMwStatus

3) uncomment the line in the switch statement with the TmkEvent earlier in sendkey.itcl leaving...

switch $EventType \
$TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK {

My guess is that someone made these changes for 6.x compatibility. Perhaps CONTEXT_PING_ACK is not defined so they commented that out. Someone with a bit more knowledge could probably fix it in a compatible way, perhaps by defining CONTEXT_PING_ACK if the version requires it, etc.

Anyway, with my changes, the Screen command now works with 3.1.5f, but it would probably break TWP loading for later versions.

Cheezmo,

The tcl linter did highlight a problem. The following old code in sendkey.itcl is obscure, and appears to be completely bogus. One cannot put comments into switch statements.

switch $EventType \
# $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK {
if { $serialNumber == $id } {
set id ""
}
} \
default {
}

If I understand the intent correctly, the following code should work instead:

if {$EventType == $TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK} {
if { $serialNumber == $id } { set id "" }
}

Please try that replacement. If it works, great. You have already made a couple of changes to fix this; please try making a patch and sending it to me so I can apply it to the code easily.

davidlallen
08-12-2005, 10:58 PM
But, if you have 3.X (I've only test 3.1.5f) you can get the screen method back by doing the following.

Great work! Thanks for following through.

I have incorporated your changes in a way that should work for all versions. It works on my 7.x machine. I have put a test tarball here (http://jendaveallen.com/Temp/twp-122-send.tar.gz). Please let me know whether it works for you. If it does, then I will put the changes into cvs for the next release.

hoopsbwc34
08-13-2005, 01:15 AM
So are the "TmkEvent" calls not needed anymore for pre 6.2 as well? I noticed they are just commented out instead of checking a version number... I was surprised at that....

davidlallen
08-13-2005, 01:36 AM
So are the "TmkEvent" calls not needed anymore for pre 6.2 as well? I noticed they are just commented out instead of checking a version number... I was surprised at that....

The change in twp 1.2 was probably not quite right. In 1.2.1 the TmkEvent calls are protected by a test of "version < 6". If you have software version less than 6 and twp 1.2, please upgrade to twp 1.2.1.

fairyprinc
08-15-2005, 02:47 AM
I have put a test tarball here (http://jendaveallen.com/Temp/twp-122-send.tar.gz).

I was having the same issue with the sendkey error so I tried your test tarball. I've been getting all sorts of wierd responses from my tivo ever since. Yesterday after installing I got a message about error #51 that my tivo could not record. Then today while using the screen function to start playing an old recording, the tivo rebooted.

rbautch
08-15-2005, 09:32 AM
That error has nothing to do with TWP. Try running 51killer.tcl. if it's not in /busybox, search for it here.

John1980
08-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I notice that the wishlist correction posted here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=221540&postcount=73) and the SeasonPass ordering posted here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222083&postcount=77) has not made it's way into the 1.2.1 release. I have been running this patch for a while now and it has resolved the issue with the ordering of SeasonPasses (corrects the issues that result in the "Error: your season pass priority list is corrupted, reorganizing them may help" error message).

Would it also be possible to include this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214703&postcount=100) startup correction for stand-alone systems?

davidlallen
08-16-2005, 01:11 AM
I notice that the wishlist correction posted here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=221540&postcount=73) and the SeasonPass ordering posted here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222083&postcount=77) has not made it's way into the 1.2.1 release.

Thanks for pointing those out. Checked into cvs. Will appear in 1.2.2 release (not scheduled yet).

Would it also be possible to include this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214703&postcount=100) startup correction for stand-alone systems?

Not sure how to apply this correction; the underlying code you refer to is now commented out. Can you take a quick look at the 1.2.1 code and tell me what you think I should do?

BoB-O TiVo
08-17-2005, 03:10 AM
This ui.itcl mod adds the following features, and is based on tivowebplus 1.2 final:
-It enhances the "ToDo" list to show you which recordings are New, as opposed to repeats.
-It enhances the "ToDo" list to pre-check non-new shows for deletion.

If you micro-manage your tivo like I do, this saves a lot of time when pruning down the ToDo list.

I've included the full ui.itcl as well as the diff from the original.

Have fun!
BoB

Fofer
08-27-2005, 01:25 PM
I notice that the... the SeasonPass ordering posted here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222083&postcount=77) has not made it's way into the 1.2.1 release.

Even better (and still working after all this time) is sanderton's Reorder Season Pass (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=1532393) module... much easier to just move SP's up and down then having to juggle all those pull-downs of the "standard" mechanism.

Might this be incorporated into a future release, ideally working from the actual "Reprioritize" link (as opposed to just being YA top menu item?)

davidlallen
08-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Even better (and still working after all this time) is sanderton's Reorder Season Pass (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=1532393) module... much easier to just move SP's up and down then having to juggle all those pull-downs of the "standard" mechanism.

Might this be incorporated into a future release, ideally working from the actual "Reprioritize" link (as opposed to just being YA top menu item?)

I have added "incorporate this module" to my to-do list for the next release. Launching it from the "reprioritize" link isn't easy from the programming standpoint. Not rocket science, but not "easy".

Fofer
08-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I have added "incorporate this module" to my to-do list for the next release. Launching it from the "reprioritize" link isn't easy from the programming standpoint. Not rocket science, but not "easy".

Gotcha.

How about linking "Channel Prefs 1.04 (http://geocities.com/mindrover_st/ChannelPrefs.html) " to User Interface -> Channel Guide.

I'd also love to see the standard "Now Showing" replaced with "Now Showing with Sort and Folders" (assuming the show descriptions and tyshow links are added.)

In any event, thanks for the consideration and all the great work you've put into this... I really appreciate it!

Fofer
08-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Also, on the new version, restarting TiVoWeb from the "Quick" or "Full" Reload results in the whole TiVo rebooting about 90% of the time.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=256793

davidlallen
08-28-2005, 04:17 PM
How about linking "Channel Prefs 1.04 (http://geocities.com/mindrover_st/ChannelPrefs.html) " to User Interface -> Channel Guide.Channelprefs is a top level menu choice in the 1.2.1 release. Launching it from an internal link isn't easy from the programming standpoint. Not rocket science, but not "easy".

w2kr
09-04-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm using a DSR-704, version 6.2 and TivoWeb 1.2.1

I get quite a few Tcl crashes when using the Channel Guide. For example if I select User Interface, Channel Guide, Watched channels, select channel NY2 then select view upcoming listings for Sun 9/4 I get the following exception:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_listings '/3757/1125446400/1' ''
no such object: {CONFLICT err=0x30019}
while executing
"dbobj $station get CallSign"
(procedure "slotfree" line 75)
invoked from within
"slotfree $secs $duration $chan"
("foreach" body line 122)
invoked from within
"foreach showingfsid [lrange $showings $x [expr $x+19]] {
regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $showingfsid junk showingobjid subobjid
set showing [d..."
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
foreach showingfsid [lrange $showings $x [expr $x+19]] {
regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $showingfsid junk showingobjid subobj..."
(procedure "do_listingsrow" line 11)
invoked from within
"do_listingsrow $chan $fsid $startsecs $endsecs $stationid"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Schedule" "$stationid:$day:" {
if {[catch [do_listingsrow $chan $fsid $startsecs $endsecs $stationid] error]} ..."
(procedure "::action_listings" line 89)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

This happens extremely frequently. If there's anything I can do to help diagnose this let me know. I'm a bit fluent in Tcl.

BTW, I just put a return at the beginning of the slotfree procedure and the crash goes away at the expense of losing the slot info displayed in the first column.

davidlallen
09-05-2005, 12:19 PM
{CONFLICT err=0x30019}
Please see this FAQ (http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/faq.html#faq00002).

w2kr
09-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Please see this FAQ (http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/faq.html#faq00002).
I tried everything the FAQ suggests including doing the mfsassert -please twice. The console output appears to indicate the the MFS is fine after this procedure.

I'd like to pursue this further. For one thing, I'll put the call to dbobj that causes the problem in a "catch" to see if that helps.

I'm having trouble finding documentation on the dbobj tivosh command itself. I see it's not listed as one of the internal tivosh commands that I get when typing "?" after starting tivosh. Where is dbobj defined and what's the proper way of using it?

davidlallen
09-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Where is dbobj defined and what's the proper way of using it?I do not know for certain, but I doubt there is any formal documentation on dbobj -- at least outside of TiVo Headquarters. You will have to look at how it is used in TWP and also in the TiVo tcl files in /tvlib. I can't find any other explanation of the CONFLICT error anywhere, so I can't offer any specific help.

w2kr
09-05-2005, 07:03 PM
I do not know for certain, but I doubt there is any formal documentation on dbobj -- at least outside of TiVo Headquarters. You will have to look at how it is used in TWP and also in the TiVo tcl files in /tvlib. I can't find any other explanation of the CONFLICT error anywhere, so I can't offer any specific help.
It still seems as if there is something not quite right with the slotfree code. I've just hacked another 6.2, Series 2 (DVR40) and started having similar problems. I then went and cancelled every recording, cleared every season pass, and turned off suggestions. The ToDo list is now empty. Now when I use the channel guide, I'm still showing shows being recorded during a particular show that are definitely not being recorded by my TiVo. I'm basing this on the icon with one or two red quarters being set, and hovering the mouse over it lists shows that aren't being recorded.

Is anyone else with 6.2 having success with the channel guide?

hoopsbwc34
09-05-2005, 09:25 PM
It seems things still don't work quite right with older versions. I'm trying out 1.2.1 on a 3.1.1c DirecTV Series 2 Tivo. The "screen" module still doesn't work, is sendkey disabled accross the board or only if you are running 6.2?

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
while executing
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

hoopsbwc34
09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
BTW, I did try to comment back in the "source sendkey" portion of httpd-tt.itcl, and did a full restart, but still get same errors.

And executing sendkey from the webremote reboots the tivo everytime.

davidlallen
09-05-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm trying out 1.2.1 on a 3.1.1c DirecTV Series 2 Tivo. The "screen" module still doesn't workThis support question has been asked a few times in the support thread; please find the answer here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=233532&postcount=166).

hoopsbwc34
09-06-2005, 12:18 AM
This support question has been asked a few times in the support thread; please find the answer here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=233532&postcount=166).

My apologies... Thanks.

w2kr
09-07-2005, 01:57 AM
An update on my channel guide bug described in http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233749&postcount=35

To be certain I wasn't dealing with a corrupted MFS I did the following in an attempt to clear the problem:

Restored a copy of 3.1.1e on my hard drive.
Booted and did a clear and delete everything.
Made a daily call and updated to 6.2. (still no recordings have been scheduled)
Hacked the 6.2 and installed TiVoWeb. At this point there are no problems.
Manually entered all my 30+ season passes.
Now the problem is back.

What I didn't do:
Run mfsassert -please (Is this really necessary considering the clean state of the system)

So the question remains, is this a problem unique to me or is there potentially still bugs lurking in slotfree. I'll be glad to dig in and debug this myself if others feel it actually could be a bug.

Is anyone out there familiar with the slotfree proc?

davidlallen
09-07-2005, 02:46 AM
Are you familiar with the "backup" module? It should prevent you from having to re-enter season passes. It is included in TWP 1.2.1 and up.

So the question remains, is this a problem unique to me or is there potentially still bugs lurking in slotfree. I'll be glad to dig in and debug this myself if others feel it actually could be a bug.
It certainly seems like a bug. I'm not too familiar with that part of the code; if you can find some other solution, it would be helpful. Send a patchfile ("diff -c original_file modified_file") and I will incorporate the fix into the release.

eastwind
09-07-2005, 07:26 AM
An update on my channel guide bug described in http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233749&postcount=35

To be certain I wasn't dealing with a corrupted MFS I did the following in an attempt to clear the problem:

Restored a copy of 3.1.1e on my hard drive.
Booted and did a clear and delete everything.
Made a daily call and updated to 6.2. (still no recordings have been scheduled)
Hacked the 6.2 and installed TiVoWeb. At this point there are no problems.
Now the problem is back.

What I didn't do:
Run mfsassert -please (Is this really necessary considering the clean state of the system)

Is anyone out there familiar with the slotfree proc?
I'm not familiar with the proc, but I remember some problems with Guide Data and I'm wondering if it only becomes a problem after certain things are done in a certain order. After you enter all your SP's, try Clearing the program information and To Do List (not C & D E) from the TiVo interface and see if it fixes the problem. (I know it's a long shot, but ?????)

ew

w2kr
09-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Possibly related to my problem with the Channel Guide, I decided to test some other things to see what happens. I did a search for a show, "Dirty Jobs". The search finds it, but when I select the show to see the upcoming listings I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/339678' ''
can't open object (0x30007)

while executing
"db $db openid $stationdayfsid"
("uplevel" body line 18)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set recfsid [lindex [get_fsidbyprefix "/Recording/Active" "4:$date:$timestr:"] 0]
set schedlist [get_fsidbyprefix "/Sch..."
(procedure "::action_series" line 70)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

This works on another 6.2 TiVo. Both TiVos are almost identical though one is a DSR704 and the other is a DVR40. Both were hacked identically. The main difference is that the TiVo that works well with TWP doesn't have recordings scheduled and the one that fails often has 30 season passes.

w2kr
09-08-2005, 02:23 AM
I've discovered how to make the problems with the Channel Guide come and go. My belief (and I'm pretty sure about this) is that deleting season passes that cause scheduling conflicts causes the TWP problems to go away. If I add back season passes that cause conflicts, as seen by the word CONFLICT in the recording history screen, the channel guide problems reappear.

Now if any of you TWP Gurus can suggest how to pursue debugging this, please let me know.

(DSR704, 6.2, TWP 1.2.1, hacked with killhdinitrd)

BTW, my problems with Search and Backup (I never reported this one) also go away when eliminating conflicts.

davidlallen
09-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I've discovered how to make the problems with the Channel Guide come and go. My belief (and I'm pretty sure about this) is that deleting season passes that cause scheduling conflicts causes the TWP problems to go away. If I add back season passes that cause conflicts, as seen by the word CONFLICT in the recording history screen, the channel guide problems reappear.

So, you are saying that another source of the "CONFLICT err=0x30019" message is conflicting season passes. Is that correct? If we can confirm this then I will certainly put this information into the FAQ. Unfortunately the only way to fix the code is to find every dbobj call which might return this error. Then each place needs to be protected with "catch".

w2kr
09-09-2005, 12:49 AM
So, you are saying that another source of the "CONFLICT err=0x30019" message is conflicting season passes. Is that correct? If we can confirm this then I will certainly put this information into the FAQ. Unfortunately the only way to fix the code is to find every dbobj call which might return this error. Then each place needs to be protected with "catch".Yes, both 30019 and 30007 errors. Tonight I'll take the season pass list from my TiVo with all the trouble and move it to the troublefree one to verify I can induce the same problems again.

Edit:
Okay, it's confirmed a previously working TWP installation is now failing with 30019 errors once I introduced a lot of season passes with conflicts.

davidlallen
09-09-2005, 09:30 PM
I have been answering most of the TWP development questions for the last month or two. I will be on vacation, away from the computer, until October. This does not mean I have vanished, or that TWP development will stop. However, I will not be able to do any investigation or reply to any posts here until then.

pyroman1
09-13-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm having the same problem with version 1.2.1 of TWP. Previously I was running v1.0 and screen worked fine, after the update I got the
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
while executing
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

error. I tried to download your tarball but the file doesn't exist anymore. Did it get taken down because it caused other problems or for another reason?

Thanks!

rbird
09-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Any resolution for the error mentioned by Fofer in post #33 (Full and Quick Restart causes Tivo to reboot)? This is bugging me to no end.

Slightly unrelated: What new feature in this version makes TWP take so !@#$% long to start up? I upgraded directly from v1.0 and the difference in the startup time is VERY noticible. What feature requires caching/indexing all those channels (over 900 for Dish Network), and can it be disabled without harming the main TWP functionality?

Bob

SteveT
09-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Any resolution for the error mentioned by Fofer in post #33 (Full and Quick Restart causes Tivo to reboot)? This is bugging me to no end.Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps you could find and post the final error messages from the logs (I don't know which ones). You might also want to try HackMan's feature that restarts TWP by actually ending it and rerunning it.
Slightly unrelated: What new feature in this version makes TWP take so !@#$% long to start up? I upgraded directly from v1.0 and the difference in the startup time is VERY noticible. What feature requires caching/indexing all those channels (over 900 for Dish Network), and can it be disabled without harming the main TWP functionality?That cache is used in most modules of TWP, so disabling it would disable most of TWP. I just compared the TWP 1.0 and 1.2.2 code and the caching of the channeltable data has changed little since v1.0 of TWP. Can you start each version in console mode and time the loading of each module?

My TWP starts up when my TiVo boots, so the initial start time is not a problem to me. I only restart it when I add a new or modified module, which is rare.

MuscleNerd
09-17-2005, 07:09 AM
Any resolution for the error mentioned by Fofer in post #33 (Full and Quick Restart causes Tivo to reboot)? This is bugging me to no end.

The problem should go away if you bump up TIVOSH_POOLSIZE (the second line in the "tivoweb" script). Try something like 3207168 (10% more).

MuscleNerd
09-18-2005, 02:28 AM
The following clip is a bug waiting to happen in hackman.itcl:

if {$delta < 3600 && $reboots > 3} {
# From n4zmz
# There are 3 levels of ZAP.
# 1 = Clear and Delete Everything (recordings as well) value is 1.
# 2 = Program information and To Do value is 2.
# 3 = Thumbs and Suggestions value is 3.
set db [dbopen]
transaction {
set obj [db $db open /State/Database]
dbobj $obj set ZapRequest 2
}
dbclose $db
}
puts "-No reboot problems detected."

The problem is that this code is at the top (global) level...i.e., it's not inside any proc{}. So the global variable $db, which was set by httpd-tt.tcl, is being reused and the database reference behind it is being closed! So any other module that depends on $db being preserved will be hosed.

jasch
09-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I just did a re-install of my unit (6.2). Altough everything is working great, every time I do a full re-load of Tivoserver my unit reboots.

Any Idead on which log I could find what the problem is and probably fix it?

Thanks

hec1152
09-19-2005, 11:02 AM
At the risk of asking a question that I should have been able to find answer to, I'm wondering about the use of pathnames in TWP. I've searched but still am unclear on how/why to use. For instance, I use YAC and vserver and, after rebooting Tivo (S1), I get message screen from Hackman that says my pathnames for these two programs have been set to the location where the programs really are because a scan did not find them (or something to that effect). Even though this message is benign, my curiosity as to the use of pathnames (where, how, etc) is getting to me. Can someone explain what they are (I assume they're in the context of TWP and are like environment variables that one can set as part of Hackman or TWP setup configuration). I just haven't been able to locate any posts that are clear enough to me on these for me to set them myself (not that it appears that I need to).

Thanks in advance

SteveT
09-19-2005, 11:45 AM
At the risk of asking a question that I should have been able to find answer to, I'm wondering about the use of pathnames in TWP. I've searched but still am unclear on how/why to use. For instance, I use YAC and vserver and, after rebooting Tivo (S1), I get message screen from Hackman that says my pathnames for these two programs have been set to the location where the programs really are because a scan did not find them (or something to that effect). Even though this message is benign, my curiosity as to the use of pathnames (where, how, etc) is getting to me. Can someone explain what they are (I assume they're in the context of TWP and are like environment variables that one can set as part of Hackman or TWP setup configuration). I just haven't been able to locate any posts that are clear enough to me on these for me to set them myself (not that it appears that I need to).

Thanks in advanceThose paths and logic are intrinsic to Hackman, so you'll probably get a quicker response from PortlandPaw himself in the Hackman (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34053) thread.

MuscleNerd
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
I just did a re-install of my unit (6.2). Altough everything is working great, every time I do a full re-load of Tivoserver my unit reboots.

DId you try increasing the TIVOSH_POOLSIZE in tivoweb to 3207168? Or maybe even higher?

rbird
09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
That cache is used in most modules of TWP, so disabling it would disable most of TWP. I just compared the TWP 1.0 and 1.2.2 code and the caching of the channeltable data has changed little since v1.0 of TWP. Can you start each version in console mode and time the loading of each module?

My TWP starts up when my TiVo boots, so the initial start time is not a problem to me. I only restart it when I add a new or modified module, which is rare.
My bad. I guess having to restart it so many times lately (see: rebooting problem above) has just made me sensitive to the load time. You're right, 1.0final takes just as long (I didn't time it, but I didn't have to).

Bob

hec1152
09-22-2005, 10:42 AM
I assume from the various posts that Tivoweb and Tivowebplus are compatible to the extent that both can be installed and can operate independently (but not concurrently?) with each other. Also, I believe that Hackman can handle switching between invoking and running the two of these functions.

Are these assumptions/impressions correct? Is there anything that I should keep in mind? Are there other references/threads that would be useful on this?

Thanks in advance

eastwind
09-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I assume from the various posts that Tivoweb and Tivowebplus are compatible to the extent that both can be installed and can operate independently (but not concurrently?) with each other. Also, I believe that Hackman can handle switching between invoking and running the two of these functions.

Are these assumptions/impressions correct? Is there anything that I should keep in mind? Are there other references/threads that would be useful on this?

Thanks in advance
I think the main thing to keep in mind is that TiVoWebPlus is a superset of TiVoWeb. I'm guessing you have some reason for wanting both running/available, but out of curiosity, what is it?

ew

hec1152
09-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Well actually I'm not sure I do have a good reason.

What I've noted is that in addition to "themes" for the web based display there seem to be some hacks that were written in the context of, or for, Tivoweb - probably before Tivowebplus came along. Also, I seem to recall that Hackman says it will allow you to switch between the two (I figured that the reason for providing this capability was for one of the reasons I list above).

I guess, a better question, perhaps for another thread (?), would be "is there any restriction or special considerations on using a utility/hack that was written for (or before) Tivoweb on Tivowebplus?"

eastwind
09-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Well actually I'm not sure I do have a good reason.

What I've noted is that in addition to "themes" for the web based display there seem to be some hacks that were written in the context of, or for, Tivoweb - probably before Tivowebplus came along. Also, I seem to recall that Hackman says it will allow you to switch between the two (I figured that the reason for providing this capability was for one of the reasons I list above).

I guess, a better question, perhaps for another thread (?), would be "is there any restriction or special considerations on using a utility/hack that was written for (or before) Tivoweb on Tivowebplus?"
Best bet is to see what other's have done, and try modules that you want with the newest release. Then report your findings also. I know I use themes still.

ew

bkeith
09-24-2005, 07:36 PM
I just loaded TWP 1.2.2 on my Series 1 to fix the "Sendkeyandwait" issue. I continue to get this error in Now Playing or Search. I've done a full reload. I think I need a new genres slice.

Episode Title Change Will Do You Good
Episode Description The guys pump the coins out of the town wishing well; Red makes a Swiss army knife out of a windsurfing board.
Episode Number
More Info Search TV.com for 'The Red Green Show' --- Search provided by TV.com.
Duration 0:30
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_showing '/1835108/237' ''
can't read "genrenums": no such variable
while executing
"lsearch $genrenums $genre"
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within
"foreach genre $genres {
set genreindex [lsearch $genrenums $genre]
if { $genreindex != -1 } {
if { $genrestr != "" } {..."
("uplevel" body line 299)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { [regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $objectid junk fsid subobjid] } {
set showing [db $db openidconstruction $fsid $subobjid]
..."
(procedure "::action_showing" line 47)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Appreciate any advice.

soundfx
09-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Installed the latest version 1.2.1 on a 4.x Hughes SD-DVR40, with updated sendkey, but unable to get anything other than the old RCA remote image on the webremote page. Is there something wrong with the detection?

ratlhead
09-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Installed the latest version 1.2.1 on a 4.x Hughes SD-DVR40, with updated sendkey, but unable to get anything other than the old RCA remote image on the webremote page. Is there something wrong with the detection?

I've had the exact same issue for some time now...could never figure out the problem. I have the same hardware, software and applied the sendkey fix...but no luck with the correct webremote image.

Anyone?

rmedure
09-28-2005, 11:30 PM
How hard could it be to list the live-tv recording(s) appended to the now showing list ... and then also be able to stream them?

Or better yet, how about a Live TV menu that allows you to change channels, and view live tv stream?

Just an idea. If I've posted this in the wrong thread, my apologies.

ensor999
10-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Here are some very small patches in case anyone else finds them useful. They are based on the 1.2.2 test version dated 8/24/05, but I don't think that will matter.

httpd-tt.tcl.txt
This prevents items containing a space from being broken onto two lines in the menu bar.

ui.itcl.txt
This italicizes the episode description and puts an extra (regular) space between the episode title and the description. This helps offset the description from the title and also provides an opportunity for the browser to break the line at the natural boundary between the two if needed.

info.itcl.txt
I put these catch statements in a while back (on TWP-1.0) to solve exactly the same type of reboots as are being described in http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=256793
Credit is due to someone else for this... I think it's David Hill as I seem to have a copy of the TWP-1.1 version of this file with the catch statements, and his name, in it. If you know otherwise, please forgive the misattribution.

I believe I may have had some sort of data corruption when this was going on; for a while there were episodes of a particular series on a particular channel that had the wrong episode name and description. Editing the text caused other episodes (recorded from another channel) with the same (but correct) name to also have their name changed. Even so, with the catch statements present, the reboots stopped and the Tivo ran for 7 months straight (until the UPS battery went bad).

Since I've deleted most if not all of the affected shows, I'm not sure if I would still have a reboot problem without the catch statements, or whether the problem would still exist using TWP 1.2.2. Since I don't really want to find out the hard way months from now when I've forgotten all of this, I've put the catches back in after upgrading. ;)

rbautch
10-05-2005, 11:54 PM
I have attached two patchfiles. One increases the memory allocation in tivoweb to prevent reboots when doing memory intensive tasks like restoring season pass backups or channelprefs. The second incorporates SteveT's changes to netconfig.itcl to create a network subobject if none exists.

HUGE
10-06-2005, 12:08 PM
I have 1.2.1 on 3 machines. On one of my machines I can sort the "Now Showing" by classic expiry title. I can't seem to remember where I got that feature. Can someone help me out?

HUGE

SteveT
10-06-2005, 12:22 PM
I have 1.2.1 on 3 machines. On one of my machines I can sort the "Now Showing" by classic expiry title. I can't seem to remember where I got that feature. Can someone help me out?
HUGE1.2.1 shows those links only for version 3.x. See here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=236052#post236052) for an upcoming change to support it for 6.x.

HUGE
10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
1.2.1 shows those links only for version 3.x. See here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=236052#post236052) for an upcoming change to support it for 6.x.

Thanks- that was what I was looking for.

HUGE

mewyn
10-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Here's a set of images for tivoweb that have a bit more of a polished look to them, over the existing tivo images.

madferret
10-09-2005, 08:34 AM
I tried to force a daily call from TWP 1.2.1 yesterday but the screen hung for ages at the initial "SettingUp" message. I eventually checked TiVo itself and it was still showing "Succeeded" from the last overnight call. Initiating daily call using the TiVo remote worked without any problem, though TWP was still stuck with the old dates this morning. Stopping & restarting TWP would not update the screen - it thought there was a call in progress - only a full reboot cleared it to the correct time & date.

It's the first time for a while that I've used Tivoweb or TWP to force a daily call, but from memory it's been ok in the past. Thoughts, anyone?

SteveT
10-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Here's a set of images for tivoweb that have a bit more of a polished look to them, over the existing tivo images.I like the look of your new images, but the transparent background isn't working for me on IE 6.0sp2. They are displaying as white squares (See attached screenshot)
They look correct in FireFox, however.

mewyn
10-11-2005, 11:11 AM
I like the look of your new images, but the transparent background isn't working for me on IE 6.0sp2. They are displaying as white squares (See attached screenshot)
They look correct in FireFox, however.

Well, that's because IE has only rudimentary PNG transparency support. They could be recreated with hard edges and straight transparent backgrounds, but that will make them look a lot worse. I also have updated the image set to have the predicted thumbs to have 50% transparency, so they can be easily identified.

dugmike
10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm having the same problem with version 1.2.1 of TWP. Previously I was running v1.0 and screen worked fine, after the update I got the
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
while executing
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

error. I tried to download your tarball but the file doesn't exist anymore. Did it get taken down because it caused other problems or for another reason?

Thanks!

I was able to fix this problem on my Series 1 system running v3.0 by modifying two files:

sendkey.itcl
Remove the "#" from near the beginning of line 11 so it looks like:
$TmkEventMwStatus::CONTEXT_PING_ACK {

modules/screen.itcl
Add this line to the top of the file:
source $source_dir/sendkey.itcl

After making these two edits, my Screen functionality on TivoWebPlus v1.2.1 was usable again.

I hope this helps someone else.

Dug

pyroman1
10-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Dug,

Did you have to restart TiVoWebPlus? I made the changes but keep getting the same error.

marcdbl
10-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi all,

I am unable to get the 1.2.1 version of ui.itcl to load for love nor money.
If I overwrite ui.itcl with the copy from TW1.9.4 it loads OK.

Below is the output from tivoweb.log

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

---------------------

ui
errDbNotFound can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
"db $db open /DataSet/GenreVersion"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set dataset [db $db open /DataSet/GenreVersion]
set genres [dbobj $dataset gettarget Data]
}"
(procedure "GetSAGenres" line 5)
invoked from within
"GetSAGenres"
(procedure "init_db" line 71)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "./modules/ui.itcl" line 5097)
invoked from within
"source $module "

SteveT
10-24-2005, 01:33 PM
I am unable to get the 1.2.1 version of ui.itcl to load for love nor money.You need to include a bit more information about your setup before we'll be able to diagnose your problem. See the support thread, especially this post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190111&postcount=2) for some pointers.

ekuns
10-25-2005, 02:16 AM
I was able to fix this problem on my Series 1 system running v3.0 by modifying two files:

Awesome! That fixed it for me. Thanks! I made those two changes, did a quick reload, and now everything works.

edray
10-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Dugmike -

Tivo screen.itcl fix mostly works. However, when you go into Now Playing using the screen module and select something to play in the screen module the Tivo Reboots. I have a series 1 DirecTivo using OS 3.1c. Can other people check to see if the same happens with them using this screen fix?

mrpenguin
11-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Finally upgraded from pre2. Some edits I have:

I like to have the current tivo time to top of info page.
Add bolded code below after unbolded lines, around line number 16 of info.itcl

puts $chan [html_start "Info Page"]
puts $chan [html_table_start "width=1%" "" "colspan=5"]

set secs [clock seconds]
set tzoffset [get_tzoffset $secs]
set timestr [clock format [expr $secs + $tzoffset] -format "%m/%d/%Y %I:%M %p"]

puts $chan [tr "" [td "align=\"center\" colspan=5" "Current Tivo time is $timestr"]]

ui.itcl - (from here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216172&postcount=109)) If you set up season passes via tivo.com, they are $type == 11, and the season pass page messes up. so, do a quick search and replace for "$type == 1 " and replace with "$type == 1 || $type == 11 " - without quotes and remember the trailing space.

Nowshowing - add program duration column. not sure if I did this or found it. searched & could not find it, but I really don't remember doing it. So not taking credit for this one. Attached is the diff of the ui, not many edits to do it. just add the header column in the action_nowshowing proc and calculations/output for the print_nowshowingrow proc

Searching forums for anything else I may have commented on before, found this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216128&postcount=105) thread, noticed the new code sets durationsecs within the if, then resets it to zero no matter what. is this desired? if so, why have the if there to begin with? not trying to be rude at all.

Tomtreas
11-05-2005, 01:59 PM
I hope this helps someone else.

Dug

Indeed it did Dug. Thanks bunches.

Tomtreas
2x DSR6000R01 v3.1.0c2-01-1-001

ronnythunder
11-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Hi all,

I am unable to get the 1.2.1 version of ui.itcl to load for love nor money.
If I overwrite ui.itcl with the copy from TW1.9.4 it loads OK.that looks like what we saw at a buddy's house when we tried to run a hdvr2 without the sat lines connected. it was an unsubbed box, so we didn't even care about wiring it, but after this error, we tried hooking it up to the dish and voila, that error went away.

is this similar to your situation?

ronny

wuench
12-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Any word on when 1.2.2 will be available with updates for the fixes in this thread and the support thread. Specifically, the screen issue & restart causing reboot. Maybe even the nicer icons posted and the lovely and book themes.

I have done some of the patching for these issues, but I really am afraid I might break something else. It is kind of hard to follow this thread for fixes as people seem to be proposing multiple fixes for problems (ex. the screen link) and not all of them seemed to work (for me at least). Some people are posting diffs, some instructions, and some whole tcl files.

At the very least it would be nice to have a summary of step by step instructions or a zip with the patches rolled up....

And while I am wishing, it would be nice to know which modules work with TWP 1.2.1 and code versions (series1, series2 6.x, and HDTivo 3.1.5) and which ones don't from the modules link... The only one I got to work so far with my Hdtivo@3.1.5 is callerid.itcl. Netconfig.itcl did not work (looks like it is for 6.1 Series2 units).

Just had a little time while my tivo is rebooting after doing a TWP quick restart... (guess I have more patching to do).

RavenStL
12-10-2005, 01:58 PM
that looks like what we saw at a buddy's house when we tried to run a hdvr2 without the sat lines connected. it was an unsubbed box, so we didn't even care about wiring it, but after this error, we tried hooking it up to the dish and voila, that error went away.

is this similar to your situation?

ronny

I have the same situation here. My box is unsubbed and get that error. Obviously w/o guide data, I guess it wont work as designed.

I am curious to find a fix as the UI - Now showing screen is handy to organize the videos. I have 4 Subbed units and they take all 8 outputs of my multiswitch. So I cant leave a SAT conencted......

UI.ITCL is huge and I dont even know where to start to try and trim out just what I need.

StanSimmons
12-16-2005, 01:35 AM
Has anyone done any work on building a MRV module for TWP?

dlang
12-28-2005, 03:21 AM
one annoyance I've had with tivoweb (and with twp) is that I am constantly killing programs from the suggestions that I'm not interested in, but after deleteing the suggestions there's no way to go back to the suggestions screen.

so a two line patch adds this capability.

diff -u -r tivowebplus/modules/ui.itcl /tivowebplus/modules/ui.itcl
--- tivowebplus/modules/ui.itcl Sun Aug 7 17:40:30 2005
+++ /tivowebplus/modules/ui.itcl Mon Dec 26 19:14:05 2005
@@ -2381,6 +2381,8 @@
}
puts $chan "<P>"
puts $chan [html_link "/ui/todo" "ToDo"]
+ puts $chan "<P>"
+ puts $chan [html_link "/ui/suggestions" "Scheduled Suggestions"]
puts $chan [html_end]
}

jonbig
12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Back, Back in your browser isn't good enough for you? :)

dlang
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Back, Back in your browser isn't good enough for you? :)
no, it's two clicks and the back button is a fair ways away from the last button I clicked (and surrounded by other buttons that do other 'intersting' things if you hit them by accident)
:)

reppep
01-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Please document cpio installation, as well as tar. Trying to install on S1, and stumbling over your instructions which specify tar. I can't find a tar binary for S1, and don't want to push over all the files individually. This worked for me (in /var/hack, where I dropped the tarball):

gzip -dc <tivowebplus-1.2.1.tar.gz |cpio -i -H tar -d -v

PS-It would be nice to mention how to disable earlier versions. I commented out tyhttpd from /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author, and renamed /etc/rcS.d/S90TivoWebPlus so it didn't start with 'S'.

ocntscha
02-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Please document cpio installation, as well as tar. Trying to install on S1, and stumbling over your instructions which specify tar. I can't find a tar binary for S1, and don't want to push over all the files individually. This worked for me (in /var/hack, where I dropped the tarball):

Never mind. I had an answer for you, posted it and then rereading your question realized my answer wasn't applicable. Apparently I can't delete this post, only edit it, sorry.

angra
02-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Hey guys, is development still ongoing on this project? Not many recent posts, but maybe the discussions have moved.

Anyway I just got through working through a lightweight hack for my own uses that might constitute a proof of concept for addition. I believe that it should be posisble to associate now-playing entries with arbitrary tivo-UI-folders from within tivoweb. I took a quick look around and didn't see any hack mentioned anywhere for this sort of manipulation so I figured I'd check in here to see if this project was still moving forward.

Fofer
02-24-2006, 02:25 AM
Hey guys, is development still ongoing on this project? Not many recent posts, but maybe the discussions have moved.

Anyway I just got through working through a lightweight hack for my own uses that might constitute a proof of concept for addition. I believe that it should be posisble to associate now-playing entries with arbitrary tivo-UI-folders from within tivoweb. I took a quick look around and didn't see any hack mentioned anywhere for this sort of manipulation so I figured I'd check in here to see if this project was still moving forward.

That sounds like a great add-on, angra, one I'd be very interested in checking out! I do hope you'll consider sharing it with us.

SteveT
02-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey guys, is development still ongoing on this projectI'm not aware of any new work under way.
I use Sanderton's Tracker regularly, so I've given some thought to merging that in (with a method to maintain the block lists), but thinking is as far as I've gotten. (real life is keeping me busy right now)
The group editing sounds like a great feature. Bring it on!

mrpenguin
02-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I tinker with minor customizations, like I have added the sort by name or date in the now playing, which was removed if ver > 3 or so. other than that, there are a few things that just don't want to work with 7.2, like keypress stuff I think. if any ideas for addons are posted, I am sure someone may take the challenge and write it.

angra
02-24-2006, 04:52 PM

Well it sounds like direct interest is fairly slim, so I will just post the info I learned.

What I hacked up is not in any form usable as an addon - it is full of hardcoded values, etc.

Anyway, the key is the "ProgramSource" database field in the "Showing" entry. Also, apparently, if the Showing/Program/Series/Station object is an orphan (i.e. does not point to a currently valid station), the tivo will not group it up for some reason.

For showings that are basically intact, all you really need to do is have the ProgramSource entry point to the appropriate SeasonPass object in the database. This covers situations like where you make a single recording of an episode and later decide to make a ARWL or a SP of the show.

In the case (like I had a couple of) where you have a couple of mfs_ftp inserted shows, just setting the ProgramSource didn't seem to do it. I added a TMSID, had the Showing object include a Series link, and then had the Showing/Series/Station object point away from the orphan it had pointed to, to an equivalent, valid station. The last change is when the tivo stuck the show into a folder, so it is necessary, but I can't say whether any of the previous steps are, too.

Since it is basically items from the SeasonPass MFS directory that are eligible to be folders for Tivo-grouping, what I envision is a pulldown entry from within the "Showing" screen on tivoweb with an entry for each SP, and a "put in folder" buttom or something like that.

So, there's the technical info. I don't care enough to package it up into something pretty, but if someone else does, I am happy to chat.

captainjrl
02-25-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm interested in being able to make my own folders in my NPL. But only merely from a user end, as programming is not my fortay.

mrblack51
02-26-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm interested in being able to make my own folders in my NPL. But only merely from a user end, as programming is not my fortay.

Last i checked, tivo used the series to create folders. as such, you can't just arbitrarily change folders or create them. this could have changed, but i kinda doubt it.

angra
02-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Last i checked, tivo used the series to create folders. as such, you can't just arbitrarily change folders or create them. this could have changed, but i kinda doubt it.

On the other hand, it's not hard to make a series in the database - this is a solved problem. There are some open issues like "what station do new series get assigned to", but I may play with this myself as I'd love to have a "movies" folder, among other possibilities. I'm reasonably certain that there must be a season pass for each folder, though, which means there'd be a 'mysterious' bogus entry in the SP manager....could be awkward.

The hacking (if you can call MFS exploration hacking) is fun to me, but all of the rest of the work that is needed to make stuff really usable, safe, and reliable is a total drag.

John1980
03-01-2006, 04:29 AM
There is an issue in action_reprioritize whereby if you have a large number of SeasonPasses and try to move the priority of a season pass by a large number (eg move it from position 50 to position 16) then it will error with "commit failed (0x00030019)".

The last RetryTransaction statement in the function needs to be replaced with a function that splits up the large number of transactions. The following is my fix:

#RetryTransaction {
# foreach spfsid $clist prio $nlist {
# set sp [db $db openid $spfsid]
# puts $chan "dbobj $sp set Priority [expr $prio - 1]<br>"
# dbobj $sp set Priority [expr $prio - 1]
# }
#}
#
# MOD: Replace the above code with something that does not
# barf with "commit failed (0x00030019)" errors when
# large transactions are attempted.
#
while {[llength $clist] > 0} {
set idx -1
RetryTransaction {
foreach spfsid $clist prio $nlist {
set sp [db $db openid $spfsid]
dbobj $sp set Priority [expr $prio - 1]
set idx [expr $idx + 1]
if {$idx >=15} {break}
}
}
set clist [lreplace $clist 0 $idx]
set nlist [lreplace $nlist 0 $idx]
}

tidal
04-02-2006, 10:18 AM
I have an old series 1 running TWP 1.2.1 and was wondering if there should be a "Play Episode" Action option under UI->Now Showing->Selected Epsiode.

There's an action for Edit Program, Delete Episode, Edit Season Pass.

I figured I could also play the epsiode from here instead of using the web remote.

thanks

gps
05-06-2006, 02:56 AM
trying to run 1.2.1 on my s1 dtivo with the new 3.5 software update i'm getting the following when it tries to reindex channels so it doesn't pick them all up.

ideas?

-initializing channel table
--caching 611 channels for source of type=6 (DirecTV)
NONE no such object:
while executing
"dbobj $station fsid"
("uplevel" body line 7)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set channelobj [db $db openidconstruction $id $subid]
set record [defaultval 1 [dbobj $channelobj get Record]]
..."
(procedure "init_channelindex" line 70)
invoked from within
"init_channelindex"
(file "./modules/index.itcl" line 737)
invoked from within
"source $module "

jelwell
05-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Is there a way to grab the name of the currently playing show? (Which won't necessarily be the show that is currently being recorded). I've searched, grepped code, even browsed through the MFS. Any ideas?
Joseph Elwell.

mickever
05-11-2006, 09:03 PM
DirecTv's new software upgrade for series 1 machines (v3.5.0) is giving me fits. I finally got all of my hacks working with the exception of "Now Showing" in TWP 1.0-final. (That version worked wonderfully for me before the deluge.)

I have been unable to unpack TWP 1.2.1 because I do not have a tar binary, and repep's ingenious "gzip -dc <tivowebplus-1.2.1.tar.gz |cpio -i -H tar -d -v" didn't work for me; neither did several ot her attempts at work-arounds. Is there a TPM version?

I've researched the five most likely sites and boards without success so far; any suggestions about how to deal with this "Now Showing" situation would be very much appreciated:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_nowshowing '' ''
can't read "cache_ns_rec": no such variable
while executing
"lsearch $cache_ns_rec $fsid"
(procedure "print_nowshowingrow" line 64)
invoked from within
"print_nowshowingrow $chan $rec $nstype $rcount"
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $nowshowingdir "" 15 {
if {$nstype == 6} {
print_nowshowingrow $chan $r..."
(procedure "::action_nowshowing" line 61)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Thanks,
Mickever

mickever
05-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Turns out that two other menus are also affected: Deleted Shows and Recording History.

Deleted shows:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/deletedshows' ''
while executing
"lsearch $cache_ns_rec $fsid"
(procedure "print_nowshowingrow" line 64)
invoked from within
"print_nowshowingrow $chan $rec """
("uplevel" body line 10)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type "/Recording/Active" "1:" 15 {
set state [dbobj $rec get State]
set parts ..."
(procedure "action_deletedshows" line 7)
invoked from within
"action_deletedshows $chan "" $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 50)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Recording History:
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_history '/list/-5,0' ''
object not found (errNmNameNotFound)

while executing
"mfs find $guideindexdir/ChannelTable"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set channelfsid [lindex [mfs find $guideindexdir/ChannelTable] 0]
if { ![info exists channeltablefsid] || $channeltablefsid..."
(procedure "get_programshowings" line 18)
invoked from within
"get_programshowings $tofind_fsid 1"
(procedure "alt_showing" line 4)
invoked from within
"alt_showing $id $id2"
("uplevel" body line 34)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Recording/History" "" {
set recdate [split $name ":"]
regsub {^(-?)0+([1-9])} [lindex $recdate 1] {\1\2} recti..."
(procedure "::action_history" line 69)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Any ideas?

SteveT
05-12-2006, 09:19 AM
<snip>
<snip>Check your tivoweb.log file for errors when loading. That variable is created and populated in index.itcl, and is probably failing due to this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=256009&postcount=336)

mickever
05-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks, Steve. Unfortunately, I've been there and done that. Index.itcl is very different in TWP 1.0-final, darn it! But I very much appreciate the lead.

mickever
05-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Steve, I lied: your suggestions in the other forum were right on the money, when I applied them correctly. I managed to screw up the syntax in editing index.itcl, but when I finally figured out what was wrong, and got it right, everything worked like a charm.

Many, many thanks,
Mickever

John1980
05-26-2006, 06:54 AM
The following is a distribution that I bundled for the OzTivo crowd. I had trouble finding a "clean" release of TWP that was bug free so ended up taking the pre-release v1.2.2 and adding various fixes and a few tidyup changes (images, etc). A demo site is available (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/main.htm).

I have tried to contact DavidAllen but he seems to be missing in action. It should also be noted that this bundle does not include the HackMan module.

Change History

060701 - July 1st, 2006
TWP distribution information (with optional distribution check) has been added to the info screen. In the UI module "Now Showing" has been replaced with "Now Playing" when run on UK (v2.5.5) systems. ChannelPrefs updated to v1.04.

060624 - June 24th, 2006
Higuide now uses a local array to store its configuration rather than global variables. Higuide should also be semi-dual-tuner aware. The console option is now recognised when starting tivoweb.

060623 - June 23rd, 2006
The "Now Showing" sort options (classic, expiry & title) are now available for all TiVo software versions (previously it was only available for v3.0 users). The http daemon will now wait for up to 45 seconds for the network to be established, thus avoiding issues with some DHCP servers taking a little too long to dish out an address. The javascript files have been relocated under a "scripts" directory.

060619 - June 19th, 2006
Fixed the "recording history" filter code as backPath was not being correctly set in some situations (such as clearing a filter when viewing the last 5 days of history). The filter changes are now automatically saved in the tivoweb.cfg file. New option added to SysAdmin module for v3.0 users. It is a function that will clean up old file handles, which can cause people who run a lot of scripts hooking into the Event Switcher issues (as they will eventually run out of handles). Minor correction to deleted shows header. DirectTV button changed for a TiVo button on the Web Remote.

060614 - June 14th, 2006
Changes made to Blocklist pattern matching to support day and time. It is now possible to exclude the early morning repeats for shows. For example "The L Word+Thu 03:" will block showings of The L Word that occur at 3am on Thursday mornings. The tivoweb startup script now also supports 'start', 'stop' and 'restart' parameters. It defaults to 'start' for compatibility.

060531 - May 31st, 2006
New tivoweb.cfg parameter called HostsAllow which allows you to specify the valid list of hosts that are allowed to connect to the web server. Host and Network addresses can be placed in the list. For example: "HostsAllow = 192.168. 202.102.12.1" will allow access from 202.102.12.1 as well as any host whose IP address 192.168.x.x

060530 - May 30th, 2006
Fixed up an issue with channel sorting in HiGuide. Added a potential fix for another piece of code in HiGuide. Thanks to W2kr for finding these.

060528 - May 28th, 2006
Added HiGuide module with links into the ChannelGrid module (if it is being used). HiGuide can probably replace the "What's On" module in the future...

060527 - May 27th, 2006
Includes a possible fix for a DTivo v3.5 issue found by SteveT.

060513 - May 13th, 2006
FSID information added to the "Now Showing" screen to keep compatible with old tivoweb module. New transparent PNG fix for IE as the previous one did not work with image maps (meaning the web remote was not working under IE). Simple alignment changes to dates.

060512 - May 12th, 2006
New tivoweb.cfg parameter called LAN_Auth which makes the authentication of local clients optional. For instance if this is set to "0" then clients on the local network will not be prompted for a username/password, but those not on the local network will be. In an attempt to add a little security to a standard installation the included configuration file now has a default username of "oztivo" but won't prompt local clients for authentication. The LAN_Auth parameter can be set to "1" if you wish to prompt all clients for authentication.

060508 - May 8th, 2006
The (CSS) themes have been moved into a subdirectory. A new variable called "lang" has been set to either "en" (English) or "us" (US English), and will display output in the appropriate language. All users of the OzTiVo image or UK hardware will now default to "English".

060506 - May 6th, 2006
The WhatsOn module now defaults to Channels Watched. All "integer" sorts have been changed to "real". A fix has been made so that the "Three Thumbs Up" logo displays correctly.

060505 - May 5th, 2006
A configuration file has been added for the "more..." menu (called {more}.cfg). This will make it easier for people to move modules into this menu without having to worry about altering the source.

060503 - May 3rd, 2006
Includes support for Series 2 units. A ".placeholder" file has been created in the uploads directory to ensure that it is created (this directory is required to import logos). Modules that are seldom used have been relocated under a menu called "more..."

060501 - May 1st, 2006
Added (PNG) transparency support for IE 5.5 & 6 Windows clients by using a feature that allows the client to use DirectX to render the image (requires Javascript be enabled).

060430 - April 30th, 2006
Built from a prerelease of TivoWebPlus v1.2.2. Some changes were made to whatson, error handling was added to mail, genre support and reprioritisation fix to ui, season pass numbering was fixed on wishlists, save support was added to theme selection, a fix for text mode was made to webremote, transparent PNG support for Firefox and Opera browsers (Internet Explorer does not support these) was added to http-tt, TmkEvent calls were made conditional in the phone module.

The following modules were added: Channel Preferences, Guide Data Checker, Channel Grid, Manual Recording, Conflict Resolution, Channel Map, Extract, Blocklists and SysAdmin. The icon package being used was created by "TheEndless".

To Do

Need to figure out if /State/LocationConfig/UseDaylightSavings is set to 1 or 2 for daylight saving. Previous versions have set DaylightSavingsPolicy to 2 to enable (and 1 to disable) the feature - but some have reported that UseDaylightSavings may be getting set to 1 to enable (and 0 to disable) in the newer TiVo software versions (v5+).

Cheers,
Thomson/John1980

SteveT
05-26-2006, 09:58 AM
The following is a distribution that I bundled for the OzTivo crowd. I had trouble finding a "clean" release of TWP that was bug free so ended up taking the pre-release v1.2.2 and adding various fixes and a few tidyup changes (images, etc).<snip>This looks great. I look forward to giving it a try this weekend.

One additional fix I'd like for you to include in your archive is described here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=256009&postcount=336). It fixes a problem with the recent 3.5 release for the Series 1 TiVo's.

John1980
05-26-2006, 08:51 PM
One additional fix I'd like for you to include in your archive is described here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=256009&postcount=336). It fixes a problem with the recent 3.5 release for the Series 1 TiVo's.
Done... although I made the fix specific to the 3.5 release as the fix described in the above post would have affected all versions above 3.5 and I have a feeling there was a v4 release for the non-Dtivo units that may still require GuideIndexV2? Of course I could be wrong....

w2kr
05-27-2006, 01:26 AM
I have tried to contact DavidAllen but he seems to be missing in action. It should also be noted that this bundle does not include the HackMan module.

Looks like David's last post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=234300#post234300) was 9/9/2005 when he announced he was going away for a month and not to think he has vanished. I guess his trip lasted a bit longer than that. Hopefully all is well with him.

John1980
05-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Of course, any feedback on bugs, issues or personal preferences would be welcomed :)

cheer
05-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Got it installed on my HR10-250 -- works fabulously. I'll try it on one of my 6.2 boxes tomorrow and let you know.

w2kr
05-29-2006, 12:36 PM
This is in response to John1980's request for feedback on his TWP distribution.

I'm using a 6.2 DTiVo and find the HiGuide for all channels does not work. It results in the following tcl error:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_higuide '/' ''
expected integer but got "54.1"
while executing
"lsort -integer [array names channeltablenum]"
(procedure "::action_higuide" line 249)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

I suspect this is due to the DTiVo numbering of local channels with decimals. I've no clue why this happens but my locals are often repeated and incremented by .1. For example, my box has a channel 4, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4. This is the cause of the integer sort failure.

If I change line 262 in higuide.itcl to be:

foreach channum [lsort -real [array names channeltablenum]] {
instead of:

foreach channum [lsort -integer [array names channeltablenum]] {
the sort error no longer occurs, but later on after displaying channel 101 in the grid I get this error:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_higuide '' 'set "guide_op_chan" "-1";set "date" "13297";set "guide_start_hour" "-2";set "guide_end_hour" "-12";set "submit" "Go";'
expected integer but got ""
while executing
"db $db openidconstruction $showingfsid $showingsubobjid"
("uplevel" body line 3)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {

set showing [db $db openidconstruction $showingfsid $showingsubobjid]

set duration [dbobj $showing get Duration]
set partinde..."
(procedure "do_guide_row_showing" line 31)
invoked from within
"do_guide_row_showing $todo_reasons $active $match $chan"
(procedure "do_guide_row" line 40)
invoked from within
"do_guide_row $dates [lindex $channel 0] [array get reasons] [array get segment_active] $chan"
(procedure "::action_higuide" line 388)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

w2kr
05-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I've tracked down the previously mentioned HiGuide problem to this section of code in do_guide_row:

# catch those shows that start and end outside guide limits
if { $matched_showings == "" } {

lappend previous_show [expr ($endsecs - $startsecs) / $seg_size_secs]
lappend matched_showings $previous_show
}

When this code executes, matched_showings is set to an integer value instead of a list. This integer value when passed to do_guide_row_showing results in failure since variable $match no longer has the list of ids that that function requires.

I found a temporary solution is to just comment out the code fragment above. I leave it to experts on this module to diagnose it further.

John1980
05-30-2006, 03:40 AM
I would be interested if the following resolves the fault? I have updated the bundle with the correct sort (real) function as well as the following potential fix.

if { $matched_showings == "" && $previous_show != "" } {
}

w2kr
05-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I would be interested if the following resolves the fault? I have updated the bundle with the correct sort (real) function as well as the following potential fix.

if { $matched_showings == "" && $previous_show != "" } {
}
Yes, that fixes it. Thanks for helping out.

I just noticed another HiGuide problem. This is with Firefox and perhaps doesn't show up with Internet Explorer. In "thin" mode, the height of each row for the channel icon is different than that of the show information. After 10 or so rows, the channels are shifted so much things don't line up any longer.

John1980
05-31-2006, 04:34 AM
In "thin" mode, the height of each row for the channel icon is different than that of the show information. After 10 or so rows, the channels are shifted so much things don't line up any longer.
Can I ask what theme you are using? I would suggest using faeic as it is one that I created to look fairly similar under both Firefox as IE. I do see the issue that you are describing when using different themes, but do not when using "faiec"... having said that, I only have five channels :)

HUGE
06-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Will we be able to sort the Now Playing list in 6.2?

HUGE

Fofer
06-22-2006, 07:01 PM

HUGE

Not that I'm aware of, but you can with the module "Now Playing with Sort and Folders" -- available here. (http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/tivoweb.html)

John1980
06-22-2006, 07:05 PM

Update: Fofer has your solution... seems the LJ's module may be your best option as it sorts in user-space rather than relying on an MFS directory (which does not seem to be available under 6.2)

I only have access to a v2.5.5 and v3.0 system, but looking at the code this functionality is only enabled for v3 users. The code relies on the following listings being available in the MFS:

/Recording/NowShowingByTitle
/Recording/NowShowingByExpiration
/Recording/NowShowingByClassic

If these are available under 6.2 then I can definitely alter the code to support it. FYI: The current sort order value is also stored in /State/MyWorld/NowShowingSortOrder (0=classic,1=expiry,2=title).

HUGE
06-22-2006, 10:21 PM
The folders module works great- but I cannot seem to get Hackman to install. What am I doing wrong?

HUGE

cheer
06-22-2006, 10:34 PM
The folders module works great- but I cannot seem to get Hackman to install. What am I doing wrong?
Since you haven't told us exactly what you've done, that's rather difficult to answer, and in any case probably belongs in a support thread/forum.

John1980
06-23-2006, 04:57 AM

The latest bundle is available here (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus) if you wish to give it a go. LJ's module is still recommended if you wish to have folder and advanced sort options, but this should supply the basics. The following is from the ChangeLog:

060623 - June 23rd, 2006
The "Now Showing" sort options (classic, expiry & title) are now available for all TiVo software versions (previously it was only available for v3.0 users). The http daemon will now wait for up to 45 seconds for the network to be established, thus avoiding issues with some DHCP servers taking a little too long to dish out an address. The javascript files have been relocated under a "scripts" directory.

PortlandPaw
06-23-2006, 12:48 PM
It should also be noted that this bundle does not include the HackMan module.
Any reason why not? Are there issues I don't know about?

If it's the fact that hackman can be dangerous in the hands of inexperienced users, I've changed the defaults to reduce the risk and added an activation requirement that should force people to at least read the ReadMe before forging ahead.

usa11usa
06-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Any reason why not? Are there issues I don't know about?

If it's the fact that hackman can be dangerous in the hands of inexperienced users, I've changed the defaults to reduce the risk and added an activation requirement that should force people to at least read the ReadMe before forging ahead.

Not sure if this helps but I have tried to install the hackman in this but have not been able to get it to work. it just does not load forsome reason.

HUGE
06-23-2006, 05:00 PM
I have installed hackman many times- its easy- stick it in the modules directory and restart. It just does not show up. I have tried it on 2 HR10-250's (running 3.5) and 2 SD DTivos running 6.2. No dice on any of them.

HUGE

PortlandPaw
06-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I just have a few old DTivos running 2.5.2 (my SA is on vacation until its new room is ready), but I installed and ran hackman with no problem.

I notice that the old "tivoweb console" method of debugging isn't implemented in 1.2.2, so please take a look at the tivoweb.log and let me know what error (if any) shows up. And, HUGE and usa11usa, does hackman load under 1.2.1? If not, what error messages do you see?

With the change from the "tivowebplus" directory to "TivoWebPlus," I'll have to re-write the scanning section that finds the various installations of TivoWeb. I'm not a big fan of case-sensitive path and filenames.

And I would suggest a restoration of the "console" option -- makes life a lot easier!

John1980
06-23-2006, 11:39 PM
And I would suggest a restoration of the "console" option
Done... either download the latest bundle from my signature, or change the second to last line in the tivoweb script to read as follows:

*) start $*;;

The existing bundle doesn't include the Hackman module because compatibility issues (with various custom TiVo setups) could make it a support nightmare (not everyone who is going to want to load TWP will have an rc.sysinit.author file with full directory paths). It's also a very, very large module... which could cause issues with available memory, etc, so in my opinion should only be loaded if absolutely necessary. I also have very little experience with this particular module.

I wanted to create a no-fuss, stable bundle, suitable for the OzTivo crowd (and hopefully many other users out there). I am also willing to fix any issue found within the bundle so did want to limit the modules to those that were seen as essential.

I have nothing against any module not included in the bundle, it's just that I wished to it to keep the "core" bundle small, simple and stable. The bundle is actually for the OzTivo crowd, but after applying many bug fixes and improvements it made sense to also post it here. I have specifically avoided any module that keeps configuration files outside the TivoWebPlus subtree.

PortlandPaw
06-24-2006, 10:23 AM
It's certainly your call. I've tried to make hackman compatible with any setup and I've had no problems running it on my S1s, which are sparser in memory than the newer units. Finally, the config files sit in the ./modules directory, right next to all the other add-ins.

As for support, I think I've done pretty well keeping up with new models and dealing with problems that users have found. For example, last night I uploaded an update that addresses your use of mixed case in the TWP directory.

Also, hackman's stop and restart of TivoWeb works without rebooting the box.

But, as I say, it's your call. And thanks for the console fix!

John1980
06-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I've tried to make hackman compatible with any setup and I've had no problems running it on my S1s, which are sparser in memory than the newer units.
And you have done a great job! I am not so worried about the actual memory on the units, more about the TCL POOLSIZE available to tivoweb. It is possible to increase this slightly, but the best way to ensure no issues when running memory intensive modules (such as those that require large temporary variable) is to limit the loaded modules to those that you require.

Finally, the config files sit in the ./modules directory, right next to all the other add-ins.
I am more worried about it altering files in the /etc/ directory as well as the tivoapp binary (if the bufferhack module is also included) as I have no idea what the latest OzTivo image looks like... I do have an old rc.sysinit.author file that I have attached to this post.

As for support, I think I've done pretty well keeping up with new models and dealing with problems that users have found. For example, last night I uploaded an update that addresses your use of mixed case in the TWP directory.

Yip, saw that :) I have also included a couple of rc.sysinit.author files from a couple of Tivo's... of interest could be the UK one whose rc.sysinit.author file never exits which could be an issue if modules adds things at the end of the file. The US one has simple watchdog support, but this is unlikely to cause issues.

If there is anything that you would like altered in TWP (such as a new library procedure) to make things easier for Hackman then let me know and I'll see if I can slip it into the codebase :D

usa11usa
06-24-2006, 07:53 PM
I just have a few old DTivos running 2.5.2 (my SA is on vacation until its new room is ready), but I installed and ran hackman with no problem.

I notice that the old "tivoweb console" method of debugging isn't implemented in 1.2.2, so please take a look at the tivoweb.log and let me know what error (if any) shows up. And, HUGE and usa11usa, does hackman load under 1.2.1? If not, what error messages do you see?

With the change from the "tivowebplus" directory to "TivoWebPlus," I'll have to re-write the scanning section that finds the various installations of TivoWeb. I'm not a big fan of case-sensitive path and filenames.

And I would suggest a restoration of the "console" option -- makes life a lot easier!

sorry it took me so long to get back to you. yes it does load fine under 1.2.1 just cant get it to work under 1.2.2. i will look for the logs and post them soon.

here is the tivoweb log. this is even after i changed the 2nd to last line *) start $*;;

TivoWebPlus - v1.2.2
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
for copyright and credit information.
Loading modules...
ChannelMap
backup
channelgrid
channelprefs
confresManual
extract
favicon
gdchecker
hackman
--hackman Version 4.2.4--
-Root directory mounted read-write
NONE bad switch "--unavailable--/bin_mips/find": must be -keepnewline or --
while executing
"exec $find / -path /proc -prune -o -name freepages -type f -print"
(file "./modules/hackman.itcl" line 3056)
invoked from within
"source $module "
higuide
index
-initializing logo index
--caching 782 channels for source of type=6 (DirecTV)
-initializing genre table
-initializing now showing cache
-initializing season pass cache
info
lj_utils
logos
logs
mail
manrec
mfsbrowser
phone
resources
Loaded 0 resource definitions
sched
screen
search
sysadmin
theme
ui
webremote
whatson
wishlists
xPlusz
xlist-TWP122
{more}
Accepting Connections
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/faiec.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/pngfix_map.js"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/adams.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/blackbook.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/blue.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:20] "/daynight.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/halloween.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/sortof.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/technophobe.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/technophobe2.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:21] "/tivocomm.css"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:26] "/more/"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:32] "/"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:38] "/ui/"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:09:41] "/"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:14:27] "/logs/"
90.0.0.9 - - [24/Jun/2006:23:14:31] "/logs/tivoweb.log/"

PortlandPaw
06-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Thank you, John1980, your points are well taken. Bufferhack isn't mine (I just provide a TWP frontend for it), but I think it does checks on tivoapp before altering them. As for memory, that was one of the reasons to create hackman in the first place -- to be able to easily turn hacks on and off when needed so as to not keep everything running at once. Things like mfs_ftp and vserver, etc. It just grew from there. I know what you mean about the fragility of the startup sequence -- but over the years I've learned that people will always find a way to mess it up, no matter what.

So thank you for the fine enhancement work on TWP and I'll let you know if I think of any other cool things to do with it.

John1980
06-24-2006, 09:34 PM
--hackman Version 4.2.4--
-Root directory mounted read-write
NONE bad switch "--unavailable--/bin_mips/find": must be -keepnewline or --
while executing
"exec $find / -path /proc -prune -o -name freepages -type f -print"
(file "./modules/hackman.itcl" line 3056)

The binaries included in the hackman distribution (such as /bin_mips/find) are not included in TWP v1.2.2, you will need to extract the complete distribution to get all the binaries and images that are required by Hackman.

HUGE
06-25-2006, 12:51 PM
The binaries included in the hackman distribution (such as /bin_mips/find) are not included in TWP v1.2.2, you will need to extract the complete distribution to get all the binaries and images that are required by Hackman.

Bingo - insert the binaries and all is well. I had assumed they were already in there, but we all know what happens when you assume....:rolleyes:

HUGE

usa11usa
06-25-2006, 07:00 PM
I did have all the files in pace were they should be. i just had to chmod +x them and everything worked. stupid me.

SteveT
06-30-2006, 11:00 AM
The following is a distribution that I bundled for the OzTivo crowd. I had trouble finding a "clean" release of TWP that was bug free so ended up taking the pre-release v1.2.2 and adding various fixes and a few tidyup changes (images, etc)......I really like your changes, especially the "more..." feature, and including the block list. Thanks!

The only problem I've encountered is that you included an older (1.02) version of ChannelPrefs. I had to make a couple of changes to support 6.2, and I reduced the memory usage a bit. The current version (1.04) is here (http://www.geocities.com/mindrover_st/ChannelPrefs.html). I'd appreciate it if you would update your archive to include the 1.04 version.

Will we be able to sort the Now Playing list in 6.2?I only have access to a v2.5.5 and v3.0 system, but looking at the code this functionality is only enabled for v3 users. The code relies on the following listings being available in the MFS:
/Recording/NowShowingByTitle
/Recording/NowShowingByExpiration
If these are available under 6.2 then I can definitely alter the code to support it....There are similar MFS entries in 6.2, but the names were changed to:
/Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle
/Recording/NowShowingByFlatTitle

I updated ui.itcl to handle this for 6.2 here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=236052&postcount=229), but never got it into the 1.2.2 distro.

BTW, I think you should call your release 1.2.3 (or maybe 1.3.0!)

John1980
06-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I really like your changes, especially the "more..." feature, and including the block list.
I really wanted to clean up the menu to include the commonly used items. The problem was that there are a number of very handy modules that are only required occasionally (such as the ChannelPrefs one) and those should still be available for people to use if needed. The "more..." feature can also be customised so that people can choose what to have in there, and what should remain at the top level. As far as the block list goes... I tend to use Wishlists rather than Season Passes (due to the dodgy guide data sources) and hence block lists are a great way of managing recordings (particularly when you want to record show such as 'House', but are not interested in any other shows with 'House' in the title!).

The only problem I've encountered is that you included an older (1.02) version of ChannelPrefs. I had to make a couple of changes to support 6.2, and I reduced the memory usage a bit. The current version (1.04) is here (http://www.geocities.com/mindrover_st/ChannelPrefs.html). I'd appreciate it if you would update your archive to include the 1.04 version.
Done. I did make a minor change to the code so that a channel could not be selected as a favourite without also being set as a received channel. This is how the tivoapp binary works. You may also be interested in knowing that a small change is required to the index module that you include in your bundle to support the new DTivo software (v3.5). You can either compare/diff the source or PM me for the changes I made.

There are similar MFS entries in 6.2, but the names were changed to:
/Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle
/Recording/NowShowingByFlatTitle
Thanks, I was PM'd a while back with that info and also made the necessary changes to the ui module (should have searched first :)).

BTW, I think you should call your release 1.2.3 (or maybe 1.3.0!)
Yeah, but you have to look pretty hard to find the v1.2.2 pre-release code, so there should not be too much confusion. I have added the TWP version information in the Info module which does include the distribution date (in YYMMDD format) to avoid confusion. The latest version also gives you the ability to check the existing installation against what was distributed - so that you can see what modules you have added/removed/changed.

Update: v1.2.3 released (see the signature for download)

John1980
07-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Just added an Image Gallery module (with upload support). Also added a submenu to the {more...} module - I'm not sure if I like it... but it might grow on me.

Currently looking into a best way to allow the user to update the software from the web interface. Current thinking is to have two options, if the Tivo has a wget binary with DNS support then handle it via the server, otherwise the user will need to download an update onto their PC and then "upload" it via a TWP module.

John1980
07-08-2006, 04:55 AM
I've implemented a simple update facility. The user will need to download the latest update onto their PC and then "upload" it via the Update module (found under the "more..." menu).

I have attached the latest version which includes this facility. The most up-to-date package can be found by following the link in the signature, but I will occasionally post packages on this thread just in case I disappear. Eventually I am hoping to get "contributor" access to the sourceforge site so that packages can be held there.... in the meantime enjoy and please remember to provide feedback (particularly if you encounter any errors).

dave7101
08-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Anyone have an idea what happened to John1980's excellent tivo dist. at his homepage?

http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus

its showing a 404 error today, but was there yesterday...

:-(

SteveT
08-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Anyone have an idea what happened to John1980's excellent tivo dist. at his homepage?
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus
its showing a 404 error today, but was there yesterday...
:-(It's working for me right now. Must have been a temporary outage.

dave7101
08-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Whew... glad your back...working for me again now as well.

and thanks for the continued great work!

gamo62
08-11-2006, 10:36 AM
I am unable to access TWP with IE. It says accepting connections when I check the log, but have no clue why I can't use the GUI. The IP is set to 192.168.1.100 and the port to 8080. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.

G.W.

dave7101
08-12-2006, 10:38 PM
does the url your using look like this:

http://192.168.1.100:8080

?

acdc_rulz
08-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I just installed this TWP update today on my Series 2 SA TiVO. Everything starts up fine see log:
TivoWebPlus - v1.3.0 (1.3.0 (oztivo-060815))
PoolSize=2916352
Loading modules...
ChannelMap
backup
channelgrid
channelprefs
confresManual
debug
extract
favicon
gallery
gdchecker
higuide
index
-initializing logo index
--caching 1 channels for source of type=7 (LineInput)
--caching 372 channels for source of type=5 (CableBox)
info
lj_utils
logos
logs
mail
manrec
merge
mfsbrowser
phone
resources
rss
sched
screen
search
sysadmin
theme
ui
update
webremote
whatson
wishlists
xlist
{more}
Accepting Connections

Does the phone module work on Series 2 as I do not see this module in the Main Menu screen of TWP 1.3.0?

The version of TiVO software I am running is 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140. I am also getting the following error when opening the Info option:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_info '/' ''
divide by zero
while executing
"expr ($space($type)+$rspace($type))/(($time($type)+$rtime($type))*1.0)"
(procedure "::action_info" line 404)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Thanks.

John1980
08-17-2006, 03:08 AM
Does the phone module work on Series 2 as I do not see this module in the Main Menu screen of TWP 1.3.0? The version of TiVO software I am running is 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140.

The phone module will only be seen on Series 1 units. Just like the screen module is only active on units running software version 3.0.

I am also getting the following error when opening the Info option...

It looks like they may occur if there are no recordings of a particular type when the module is used... in any case it has now been fixed in the latest dist (060817).

jbebel
08-17-2006, 03:47 AM
I've got tivowebplus installed, and the output of the version information is as follows:

Version 1.3.0 (oztivo-060817)

NOTE: 'cut' not found, reverting to 'du' comparison
NOTE: The find binary is required to check the distribution

The second part is of course the output of check_dist. It is odd because I do have cut and find available as busybox commands. However, it seems that their output is different than what the check_dist script expects. cut --version and find --version return a value of 1. It seems the busybox implementations don't support the --version options. If the command isn't there at all, I get a return value of 127, so perhaps that could be used to tell the difference. I'll think on it some more tomorrow perhaps, but I just wanted to let you know about this bug. I don't even know if the busybox versions of these commands do everything necessary, as commenting out the lines that test for their presence resulted in no output. I'll have to look at the rest of the script to understand.

Joel

acdc_rulz
08-17-2006, 05:17 AM
Well the Info module is coming up now without error - 0 recordings = Divide by Zero error. Now I have some recordings so no more error message.

I have also been trying to get the WebRemote to come up - it comes up with some basic changes to the .itcl file but does not work. Has anyone gotten past the "sendkey" problem with this module on TiVO newer than 4.x? From the threads I have read, the event system has changed completely from 4.x to 6,7.x.

Great update (TWP 1.3.0) though to an already good app. for TiVOs!

Thanks.

I just installed this TWP update today on my Series 2 SA TiVO. Everything starts up fine see log:
TivoWebPlus - v1.3.0 (1.3.0 (oztivo-060815))
PoolSize=2916352
Loading modules...
ChannelMap
backup
channelgrid
channelprefs
confresManual
debug
extract
favicon
gallery
gdchecker
higuide
index
-initializing logo index
--caching 372 channels for source of type=5 (CableBox)
info
lj_utils
logos
logs
mail
manrec
merge
mfsbrowser
phone
resources
rss
sched
screen
search
sysadmin
theme
ui
update
webremote
whatson
wishlists
xlist
{more}
Accepting Connections

Does the phone module work on Series 2 as I do not see this module in the Main Menu screen of TWP 1.3.0?

The version of TiVO software I am running is 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140. I am also getting the following error when opening the Info option:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_info '/' ''
divide by zero
while executing
"expr ($space($type)+$rspace($type))/(($time($type)+$rtime($type))*1.0)"
(procedure "::action_info" line 404)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Thanks.

John1980
08-17-2006, 04:07 PM
NOTE: 'cut' not found, reverting to 'du' comparison
NOTE: The find binary is required to check the distribution

The second part is of course the output of check_dist. It is odd because I do have cut and find available as busybox commands.

I will update the script to check for the 127 error code (fixed in dist 060818) rather that the current method which will only work with GNU binaries. The script should work fine with the busybox commands and there should not be any output if you have just done a fresh install without modifying any modules. If you do wish to test it you could create a blank file (touch bob) and run the command.

Essentially the command just checks the distribution against that which was bundled and reports on any modules/libraries that have been modified, added or removed.

MelvinPurvis
08-19-2006, 12:11 AM
When I display the Season Pass information from my HR10-250 I get a failure in get_tzoffset when it tries to increment an empty string. (tivowebplus-oztivo-060818.tgz)

The empty string comes from the following lines of code in ui.itcl at line 3837:
set starttimelocal [dbobj $sp get StartTimeLocal]
set starttime [expr $starttimelocal - [get_tzoffset $starttimelocal]]

This seems to occur when a manual entry for 12 Midnight is processed. Inserting the following between the two lines seems to fix the problem.

if { $starttimelocal == ""} {
set starttimelocal 0
}

I considered fixing this in the get_tzoffset function, but the same ostensibly numeric values are used elsewhere. In the end, I added similar error handlers at each place the StartTimeLocal was retrieved from the db.

I found two instances in ui.itcl and one in gdchecker.itcl.

Thanks for your efforts.

John1980
08-20-2006, 06:10 PM
When I display the Season Pass information from my HR10-250 I get a failure in get_tzoffset when it tries to increment an empty string. (tivowebplus-oztivo-060818.tgz)

The empty string comes from the following lines of code in ui.itcl at line 3837:

This seems to occur when a manual entry for 12 Midnight is processed.

Great find! I will have a play and include the fixes in the next distribution. I just need to check that StartTimeLocal is only missing for the "Midnight" shows, and that manual recordings set for 00:30 are not also missing it (otherwise I'll have to get a little smarter about what to set it to). I have checked the ManualRecording TWP module and it does set StartTimeLocal so I am guessing that the manual recording was created from the TiVo GUI?

Update: I was able to replicate this by setting a manual recording starting at midnight from the TiVo's GUI. The distribution (060821) is now fixed so that this value defaults to 0 if not found.

Throg
08-20-2006, 08:05 PM
I've seen this problem since TWP 1.2.2 but hesitated to bring it up for fear of appearing foolish. When I open any page containing graphics (e.g. Season passes, hackman) for the first time the .png file are stretched out very large. A simple page refresh will clear the issue and all pages containing graphics appear okay after that. But only until I shutdown the browser and reopen it. This occurs in both IE and firefox.
Why am I bringing it up now? Apparently I'm not the only one seeing this.
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=261706&postcount=706
He only mentions the Hackman Start and Stop buttons, but I've witnessed it anywhere that graphics appear.

John1980
08-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I've seen this problem since TWP 1.2.2 but hesitated to bring it up for fear of appearing foolish. When I open any page containing graphics (e.g. Season passes, hackman) for the first time the .png file are stretched out very large. A simple page refresh will clear the issue and all pages containing graphics appear okay after that.

This is most likely due to the horrible method that must be used to support alpha-transparent PNG files under IE. I will have another play to see if I can get IE to render the images properly, and possibly give an option to turn off the feature and use the older images.

This occurs in both IE and firefox.
Hmm... it should not be happening under FireFox... I would be very interested if you could test this again... and possibly get back with your version of FireFox.

Throg
08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Hmm... it should not be happening under FireFox... I would be very interested if you could test this again... and possibly get back with your version of FireFox.Maybe I meant to test it and never did. I remember starting it up and my ip:port was in the history. Firefox appears to display them fine. Sorry about that.

jbstix
08-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Maybe I meant to test it and never did. I remember starting it up and my ip:port was in the history. Firefox appears to display them fine. Sorry about that.

Ok, I finally wound up in the correct thread...lol.
First off, much thanks to John1980 for updating TWP and making it better than ever.
This problem does not occur in FireFox (atleast for me).
But, happens continually in IE, as already discussed.
One thing I noticed is that the page never loads completely in IE ( I guess thats the old .png problem at work).
Here's a quick pic of what my screen looks like when opening Hackman.
Thanks again John...

John1980
08-21-2006, 05:31 AM
I've seen this problem since TWP 1.2.2 but hesitated to bring it up for fear of appearing foolish.
If you don't mention it then it's unlikely to get fixed (and I might dissapear!).

Anyway, you might wish to try the latest dist (060821) as it is likely to behave a little better in this respect. Let me know if it does not and I will try a different sizing method.

John1980
08-21-2006, 05:37 AM
One thing I noticed is that the page never loads completely in IE.
Yes this is a quirk introduced by the hack to get alpha-trans PNG's working under IE. The page has actually finished loading but IE is a little confused... not sure if there is a simple way around this, so if it's a problem then I we will probably have to remove the alpha-trans support and go back to the old crappy images.

gjetson
08-21-2006, 05:16 PM
I just want to say the new version of TWP is great. Thank you for all your efforts! Since you have asked for input regarding the TWP, I thought I would mention one item I have noticed. When I use the channel grid and select a channel to get a program listing, sometimes it works and other times it resets my tivo. I originally used PTVupgrade to upgrade my tivo and have just replaced the files in the TWP directory. This my be the cause of my issue but just in case it is not, I thought I would provide this post. Thanks once again for all your great work!

John1980
08-21-2006, 07:16 PM
When I use the channel grid and select a channel to get a program listing, sometimes it works and other times it resets my tivo. I originally used PTVupgrade to upgrade my tivo and have just replaced the files in the TWP directory. This may be the cause of my issue but just in case it is not, I thought I would provide this post.

This is an indication that it is running out of memory while building the grid (if the particular channel has many small programmes then this could be the case). After the first reboot TWP would have automatically set a flag so that it will allocate more memory from this point onwards. If you are still getting reboots then it you may wish to change some configuration options (such as increasing the GRID setting to 1800, this can be done by creating a channelgrid.cfg file in your modules directory containing "set GRID 1800").

You can check your distribution/installation using a link within the "info" module or from the command line using: "cd /var/hack/TivoWebPlus; ./check_dist.sh". The output of this check command could help.

jbstix
08-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks John1980, the new version seems to have fixed the .png problem.
One other problem I am encoutering on both DTivo boxes - Quick or Full Reload always causes a reboot! Bummer...
This has always been a problem for me atleast since the early version on TWP.
But, without fail, I usually always encounter a reboot when trying to reload.
Thanks again for the hard work...
BTW- the Update functionality is one of the best elements added to TWP in a very long time! Special kudos for that one!!!
On that note, after using the Update feature, how are you restarting/reloading TWP, b/c that does not cause a reboot?

Much apprciation-

John1980
08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
One other problem I am encoutering on both DTivo boxes - Quick or Full Reload always causes a reboot! This has always been a problem for me atleast since the early version on TWP.

This should not occur... the DTivo units do tend to have a lot more channels loaded, but reloading should not be causing a reboot. Do you have any additional modules loaded? You can check any deviations from the standard distribution using "./check_dist.sh"

On that note, after using the Update feature, how are you restarting/reloading TWP, b/c that does not cause a reboot?

That is actually performed from the command-line using the "tivoweb restart" command. There are a few options you can now pass... they are stop, start, restart (which is just a stop&start), status and console (logs to the console).

BTUxNine
08-21-2006, 11:18 PM
A restart of TWP pretty reliably reboots an S2 DTivo... at least it did as of v1.1 release. I assume it's got to do with tivosh's garbage collection being wonky, because a reload really shouldn't need to allocate much more. Increasing the poolsize stops the reboots, but reloads are sometimes quirky, leaving TWP not functioning quite right (sorry, can't remember specifics)

gjetson
08-21-2006, 11:46 PM
John, Thanks for your help with the channel guide. I do beleive most of my issues are memory issues. The config file seems to take care of the problem. I do notice that when I move from Channel Grid to HiGuide my tivo reboots. I assume this is also a memory issue. The only additional modules I have loaded is Hackman. Not sure if Hackman is using memory or clashing with memory with some of the new TWP fuctions. I will take out Hackman and run a test. As and FYI, I am experiencing the same condition as jbstix. Thanks again for all your efforts!

John1980
08-22-2006, 06:47 AM
A restart of TWP pretty reliably reboots an S2 DTivo... at least it did as of v1.1 release.

Hmm... the previous TWP log file (/var/log/Otivoweb.log) might hold some clues as to which module is being loaded at the time of the reboot.

cheer
08-22-2006, 09:26 AM
A restart of TWP pretty reliably reboots an S2 DTivo... at least it did as of v1.1 release. I assume it's got to do with tivosh's garbage collection being wonky, because a reload really shouldn't need to allocate much more. Increasing the poolsize stops the reboots, but reloads are sometimes quirky, leaving TWP not functioning quite right (sorry, can't remember specifics)
Restarting the 1.2.x release doesn't reboot my 6.2 DTivos, though it does my HR10-250.

gjetson
08-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Not sure my issue is a TWP issue or something on my end but I have attached the Otivoweb.log file.

John1980
08-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Not sure my issue is a TWP issue or something on my end but I have attached the Otivoweb.log file.

Thanks for the log file... you were running with the default poolsize of 2916352. After the crash you should now be running with a larger pool of memory (the sixth line in your new log file should read "PoolSize=3244032") which should help a little. If you don't absolutely need to be running hackman then you may like to remove that module as the log file shows that you were in this module at the time of failure.

The Dtivo units have 700 channels defined and this does require a fair amount of memory... any module that was written with a smaller number of channels in mind could have problems in this area. Under the "SysAdmin" module you will find an entry called "Debug" - this will display the memory usage for all the variables included the distribution.

John1980
08-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Restarting the 1.2.x release doesn't reboot my 6.2 DTivos, though it does my HR10-250.

What tivo software version does the HR10-250 run? The 4.x software uses a slightly different vwait function (as the existing one was reported as broken)... which could be the difference in this case?

I may just change the complete mechanism so that it uses the same method as the update module (which is performed externally via the command line)

gjetson
08-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the log file... you were running with the default poolsize of 2916352. After the crash you should now be running with a larger pool of memory (the sixth line in your new log file should read "PoolSize=3244032") which should help a little. If you don't absolutely need to be running hackman then you may like to remove that module as the log file shows that you were in this module at the time of failure.

The Dtivo units have 700 channels defined and this does require a fair amount of memory... any module that was written with a smaller number of channels in mind could have problems in this area. Under the "SysAdmin" module you will find an entry called "Debug" - this will display the memory usage for all the variables included the distribution.

Thank you for your comments once again. I have attached another log file after another reboot today. Based on your response I would have expected the PoolSize to be 3244032 but it is still 2916352. Just wanted to check to make sure I am understanding you correclty. Thanks again.

cheer
08-22-2006, 11:19 PM
What tivo software version does the HR10-250 run? The 4.x software uses a slightly different vwait function (as the existing one was reported as broken)... which could be the difference in this case?

I may just change the complete mechanism so that it uses the same method as the update module (which is performed externally via the command line)

The HR10-250 uses 3.1.5f -- I guess I was just thinking about what happens on 3.x when you kill a tivosh process (but does not happen under 6.x).

John1980
08-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Based on your response I would have expected the PoolSize to be 3244032 but it is still 2916352. Just wanted to check to make sure I am understanding you correclty.

You did understand correctly... it should be 3244032. Either you are starting an older version of TW/TWP before this one (do you have two running?) or there is something else going wrong.

I can fix up the script to solve the situation where it is unable to diagnose the crash if another version of TW is also being run.

You may wish to check the distribution installation using "/var/hack/TivoWebPlus/check_dist.sh"

You can manually create the "flag file" to configure TWP to use a larger pool size using "echo crash > /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/BlockFailure"

John1980
08-22-2006, 11:32 PM
I guess I was just thinking about what happens on 3.x when you kill a tivosh process (but does not happen under 6.x).

Killing any process that has hooked into the MFS is likely to reboot the TiVo (under both v2.5.5 and v3.0). The safe way of shutting down TWP from the command line is to use "tivoweb stop" which is essentially the same as using the restart->quit option from a web brower.

gjetson
08-23-2006, 12:44 PM
You did understand correctly... it should be 3244032. Either you are starting an older version of TW/TWP before this one (do you have two running?) or there is something else going wrong.

I can fix up the script to solve the situation where it is unable to diagnose the crash if another version of TW is also being run.

You may wish to check the distribution installation using "/var/hack/TivoWebPlus/check_dist.sh"

You can manually create the "flag file" to configure TWP to use a larger pool size using "echo crash > /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/.dist/BlockFailure"

You are correct, my version of PTVUpgrade is loading an older version of TWP. I have made a change an If statement in the rc.sysinit.author file so I am just loading the new TWP version. TWP seems to be working well now. I have had encountered an error when selecting between Channel Grid, HiGuide and whats on. I want to do some more testing to make sure it is not some quirk with my Tivo. Thank you for all your help! Sorry for the confusion regarding the new TWP version.

John1980
08-23-2006, 05:49 PM
You are correct, my version of PTVUpgrade is loading an older version of TWP. I have made a change an If statement in the rc.sysinit.author file so I am just loading the new TWP version. TWP seems to be working well now.

I figured that was the case as something would have been renaming the tibvoweb.log file to Otivoweb.log before the new startup was being run. I have now changed the startup to look at both files just in case others are doing the same (because let's face it, I even mention it on my "upgrade" page :)).

I have had encountered an error when selecting between Channel Grid, HiGuide and whats on. I want to do some more testing to make sure it is not some quirk with my Tivo.

The thing all those modules have in common is channels! The problem is that you guys now have 700+ channels in your lineup/headends... and that does require a fair amount of memory. I would avoid using WhatsOn as HiGuide should be doing everything it does better... and the number of channels it displays can be customised at the bottom of the screen (just enter the channels numbers that you wish to display in the Custom Channels box and click on save).

There is probably not much else you can do... I would suggest removing the HackMan module if you have it loaded (unless you really need it!) as it should free up some more memory. The same goes for the Backup module (which can be handy, but seldom used).

Sorry for the confusion regarding the new TWP version.

No need to be sorry... it resulted in improving the logic in the startup script. Others are likely to be having similar trouble so I'd rather get it sorted out.

gjetson
08-24-2006, 12:11 PM
The thing all those modules have in common is channels! The problem is that you guys now have 700+ channels in your lineup/headends... and that does require a fair amount of memory. I would avoid using WhatsOn as HiGuide should be doing everything it does better... and the number of channels it displays can be customised at the bottom of the screen (just enter the channels numbers that you wish to display in the Custom Channels box and click on save).

There is probably not much else you can do... I would suggest removing the HackMan module if you have it loaded (unless you really need it!) as it should free up some more memory. The same goes for the Backup module (which can be handy, but seldom used).

I am sure this error is due to the 700+ channels and memory, but thought I would pass along. This is coming from HiGuide. Once this happens I need to do a restart becuase after the server error I get errors in other modules. I am assuming the restart is needed to clear memory. HiGuide etc. work most of the time. Thanks for all your assistance and work on TWP. The new TWP is great!

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_higuide '' 'set "guide%28op_chan%29" "-2";set "date" "13383";set "guide%28start_hour%29" "-2";set "guide%28end_hour%29" "-2";set "submit" "Go";'
can't scan path (0x70009)

while executing
"mfs scan $dirName -start $prefix -count 50"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { [catch {mfs scan $dirName -start $prefix -count 50} batch] } {
global errorCode errorInfo
if {..."
(procedure "ForeachMfsFile" line 9)
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Schedule" "$stationfsid:$date:" {
set previous_show [guide_get_matched_showings $fsid $stationfsid $previous_sho..."
(procedure "do_guide_row" line 18)
invoked from within
"do_guide_row $dates [lindex $channel 0] [array get reasons] [array get segment_active] $chan"
(procedure "::action_higuide" line 358)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

rbautch
08-24-2006, 04:16 PM
One minor issue: In the module xlist.itcl you check for the existence of /var/hack/etc with
mkdir /var/hack/etc. Should probably add a -p swtich so that it only tries to create it if it's not already there. Otherwise an error is thrown when tivoweb starts.

arthur
08-24-2006, 10:42 PM
The phone module will only be seen on Series 1 units. Just like the screen module is only active on units running software version 3.0.

Sorry, but I'm still a little confused.
Is the phone module supposed to work on series 2 ?
Based on the above quote it is not.

But the code changes as of 060430 - April 30th, 2006
supposed to have this change.
TmkEvent calls were made conditional in the phone module.

if {$::version < 6} {
event send $TmkEvent::EVT_DIALUPEVENT 10 0
}

To my knowledge series 1 is not up to software v6

On my series 2 (4.0.1b) Tivo I don't see the phone module, should I?
running the latest TWP (060821)

Thanks for all the development work.

John1980
08-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Sorry, but I'm still a little confused.
Is the phone module supposed to work on series 2 ?

Looking at the code of the module there is a conditional that means the module will only be active on a series1 unit. I do not have access to a series2 unit so am unsure if it will work on them.

If you wish to give it a try then you can comment out (or remove) the first line of the modules/phone.itcl module which will read "if {$::series1} {" and also comment out the last line which will be "}".

Let us know if it does work and I will remove the limitation from future distributions.

John1980
08-25-2006, 12:37 AM
One minor issue: In the module xlist.itcl you check for the existence of /var/hack/etc with
mkdir /var/hack/etc. Should probably add a -p swtich so that it only tries to create it if it's not already there. Otherwise an error is thrown when tivoweb starts.

Have you ever seen an error message? The line at the bottom of the module should read "file mkdir /var/hack/etc" which is a TCL function and not a Unix command... and hench should not generate an error message.

arthur
08-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Looking at the code of the module there is a conditional that means the module will only be active on a series1 unit. I do not have access to a series2 unit so am unsure if it will work on them.

If you wish to give it a try then you can comment out (or remove) the first line of the modules/phone.itcl module which will read "if {$::series1} {" and also comment out the last line which will be "}".

Let us know if it does work and I will remove the limitation from future distributions.

Thanks,
I can't believe that I didn't see that conditional test :o

still no go though

phone
NONE unknown event command: connect
while executing
"event connect"
(file "/var/hack/tivowebplus/modules/phone.itcl" line 95)
invoked from within
"source $module "

dlmcmurr
08-27-2006, 01:29 AM

I'm seing the same thing as gjetson. I just now the manual suggestion and it worked. Maybe it's because I installed it in /TivoWebPlus on the root partition rather than /var? Does this available pool show up on the info output? I've seen MemFree bounce around from 1600 to just under 1000. I do still have hackman loaded.

You mention the number of channels we dtivo users have. Does cutting it down to received and favorites help any?

Also, many items in HiGuide are showing White on Yellow, making them unreadable. Appears that it is just the tivocomm theme doing it, though, after I changed to another one. And if you select other than "very thin", the channel names and logos don't line up with the grid.

Still an excellent application!! Only saying something because you encouraged it. Thanks for your effort!!

Thanks,
Dave

John1980
08-27-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm seing the same thing as gjetson. I just now the manual suggestion and it worked. Maybe it's because I installed it in /TivoWebPlus on the root partition rather than /var?

I have not yet updated the distribution on the website to resolve the issue if another version of TW/TWP is started beforehand. I have resolved the problem and it will be fixed in the next update (eta 060828).

Does this available pool show up on the info output? I've seen MemFree bounce around from 1600 to just under 1000. I do still have hackman loaded.
It does not appear in the Info output... but that's a good idea so will add it in. The memfree is related to the operating system and does not tell you that much.

You mention the number of channels we dtivo users have. Does cutting it down to received and favorites help any?
Cutting down the number of channels may help... I have no way of testing this, but feel free to and let me know how it goes.

Also, many items in HiGuide are showing White on Yellow, making them unreadable. Appears that it is just the tivocomm theme doing it, though, after I changed to another one. And if you select other than "very thin", the channel names and logos don't line up with the grid.
I am not that skilled in CSS/themes, many of the themes have limitations and will only work on a particular browser. I created the "faiec" theme to work correctly under both Firefox and IE. In short, I am interested in fixing any problems with the display/modules if the "faiec" theme is used - if you wish to fix up a problem with a particular theme then you may wish to compare it with another that does work.

John1980
08-27-2006, 05:50 PM
I can't believe that I didn't see that conditional test :o
still no go though "NONE unknown event command: connect"

I doubt it will be that easy to get going... which is probably why they had the conditional test in there to only activate it on a series 1 unit.

arthur
08-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks anyways.

BTUxNine
08-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Certainly non-trivial... latest versions of S2 software can't really access the event system from tivosh at all. It may be possible to get SOME functionality using routerplus (maybe a working sendkey), but so far, nothing has been released to do so.

rbautch
08-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Have you ever seen an error message? The line at the bottom of the module should read "file mkdir /var/hack/etc" which is a TCL function and not a Unix command... and hench should not generate an error message.Yes. It generates an error if that directory already exists. An error that can obviously be ignored, but an error nontheless.

John1980
08-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes. It generates an error if that directory already exists. An error that can obviously be ignored, but an error nontheless.
This is very interesting... that directory will existing on most peoples systems and you are the only one that seems to be having trouble. The manual page for the "file" TCL command mentions that it should only error if /var/hack/etc is a file... and that it should not error if it is a directory.

I can put a conditional around the code, but would like to figure out why it is happening. Are you able to check if it is a file or possibly a symbolic link? This can be done with the following:

ls -ld /var
ls -ld /var/hack
ls -ld /var/hack/etc

And what is the error message if you do:

tivosh
file mkdir /var/hack/etc
file mkdir /var/hack/etc

rbautch
08-27-2006, 11:30 PM
This is very interesting... that directory will existing on most peoples systems and you are the only one that seems to be having trouble. The manual page for the "file" TCL command mentions that it should only error if /var/hack/etc is a file... and that it should not error if it is a directory.

I can put a conditional around the code, but would like to figure out why it is happening. Are you able to check if it is a file or possibly a symbolic link? This can be done with the following:

ls -ld /var
ls -ld /var/hack
ls -ld /var/hack/etc

And what is the error message if you do:

tivosh
file mkdir /var/hack/etc
file mkdir /var/hack/etc

Yep, all my hacks that "expect" to be in var are symlinked someplace safer. Most people won't see the error unless they start TWP in console mode, and it doesn't cause any problems otherwise. I expect a fairly large number of people will have symlinks in var just like me, because I put code in the "Zipper" that sets up the symlinks for all hacks.

John1980
08-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Yep, all my hacks that "expect" to be in var are symlinked someplace safer.

It's pretty common to have a /hack mountpoint and then have a symbolic link from /var/hack to it. This will avoid the issue where /var can sometimes be cleaned up during a reboot (if it has become full). Symbolic links should not be causing problems... in fact the only reason for an error is if a file exists called /var/hack/etc.

Most people won't see the error unless they start TWP in console mode, and it doesn't cause any problems otherwise.

I'm interested in what the actual error message is (in particular the output of the commands in my previous post would help). It will make it easier to test as I am unable to replicate the problem.

gjetson
08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
It does not appear in the Info output... but that's a good idea so will add it in. The memfree is related to the operating system and does not tell you that much.

Cutting down the number of channels may help... I have no way of testing this, but feel free to and let me know how it goes.

One last question regarding the memory usage and I will give it a break. TWP is really great! I am new to Linux so I am pleading ignorance. It seems I only have memory trouble after doing a few of the channel options like HiGuide, Channel Grid, etc. It seems like the memory fills up over time as I issue the different operations. (Memory is being used but not released) Is there a way to send a command to free up memory before each one of the channel related operations? Not sure if this makes any sense but I thought I would ask.

John1980
08-28-2006, 06:50 PM
It seems like the memory fills up over time as I issue the different operations. (Memory is being used but not released) Is there a way to send a command to free up memory before each one of the channel related operations?
This is likely to be a bug in the "TCL shell" implementation (tivosh). You can have a look at the memory allocated to each variable in SysAdmin->Debug and may wish to compare the output of this before/after using a module. There should not be much difference, but if you do spot something that is growing over time then we can fix it. It should be noted that this module just monitors the variables from the modules included in the distribution... if you have hackman or other modules installed then they will not be monitored.

If you have not already done so, then I would suggest you try running with just the raw distribution (no extra modules) and see if you still have problems.

rbautch
08-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm interested in what the actual error message is (in particular the output of the commands in my previous post would help). It will make it easier to test as I am unable to replicate the problem.

First batch:

KatiesRoom-bash# ls -ld /var
drwxr-xr-x 14 1048576 -1870528 1024 Aug 28 09:31 /var
KatiesRoom-bash# ls -ld /var/hack
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Apr 17 21:01 /var/hack
KatiesRoom-bash# ls -ld /var/hack/etc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Apr 17 21:01 /var/hack/etc -> /enhancements/varhacks/hack/etc
KatiesRoom-bash#

Second batch:

KatiesRoom-bash# echo "file mkdir /var/hack/etc" | tivosh
can't create directory "/var/hack/etc": file already exists

When I run tivoweb console, it starts off with this error:
KatiesRoom-bash# tivoweb console
.//tivoweb: .//.dist/BlockFailure: Read-only file system
KatiesRoom-bash# TivoWebPlus - v1.3.0 (1.3.0 (oztivo-060821))

...and ends with this one:
POSIX EEXIST {file already exists} can't create directory "/var/hack/etc": file already exists
while executing
"file mkdir /var/hack/etc"
(file "./modules/xlist.itcl" line 557)
invoked from within
"source $module "
{more}
Hope this helps.

edit: Looks like the directory the symlinks were pointing to was not there. When I restored the directory, the errors went away. Sorry for the fire drill.

John1980
08-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Looks like the directory the symlinks were pointing to was not there. When I restored the directory, the errors went away. Sorry for the fire drill.

No worries! I thought it might have been a difference with the particular TCL versions as a symbolic link is usually treated as a special case, but when I tested it I found that tivosh handled a symlink to a directory just like a real directory. I will probably build in a test anyway to display a warning in the module in case others run into trouble.

FYI: You are probably better off just having a link from /var/hack to /enhancements/varhacks/hack rather than linking each individual directory within /var/hack.

gjetson
08-30-2006, 05:58 PM
This is likely to be a bug in the "TCL shell" implementation (tivosh). You can have a look at the memory allocated to each variable in SysAdmin->Debug and may wish to compare the output of this before/after using a module. There should not be much difference, but if you do spot something that is growing over time then we can fix it. It should be noted that this module just monitors the variables from the modules included in the distribution... if you have hackman or other modules installed then they will not be monitored.

If you have not already done so, then I would suggest you try running with just the raw distribution (no extra modules) and see if you still have problems.

Sorry to take so long to respond. I have not had time to do the SysAdmin test as you have suggested. I will try and do that next. I have loaded the latest version of TWP. (Great as always) I took out all other modules like Hackman so I am only running TWP. I did the same test moving between the different channel options. It took a little longer this time but I received a similar error message as I did before. Based on your earlier response I assume nothing can really be done but I thought I would provide you this information. Thanks for all you efforts!

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_showing '/1522902/90' ''

while executing
"mfs scan $dirname -start $prefix -count 1"
(procedure "get_fsidbyprefix" line 2)
invoked from within
"get_fsidbyprefix "/Recording/Active" "4:$day:$timestr:""
("uplevel" body line 13)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { [regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $objectid junk fsid subobjid] } {
set showing [db $db openidconstruction $fsid $subobjid]
..."
(procedure "::action_showing" line 24)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Throg
09-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a problem on my machine, but while troubleshooting a module issue, I noticed this output when quitting tivoweb from the interface. xx.xx.x.x was used to mask my internal IP address. Of course the actual IP address was displayed.

xx.xx.x.x - - [02/Sep/2006:00:29:57] "/restart"
error writing "sock15": broken pipe
while executing
"puts $chan "<PRE><B>INTERNAL SERVER ERROR</B>""
(procedure "print_html_error" line 2)
invoked from within
"print_html_error $chan "action_$action '$part' '$env'" $::errorInfo"
(procedure "::session" line 178)
invoked from within
"::session sock15 xx.xx.x.x 1231"
xx.xx.x.x - - [02/Sep/2006:00:30:12] "/quit"
Web Server Terminated

abba
09-04-2006, 03:58 AM
I have toshiba sd-h400, with basic TIVO service, not sure if TIVO webplus will work on my toshiba?

Has anyone with basic tivo been able to make tivowebplus work? Thanks

mrpenguin
09-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Definately works great, plus or basic service is irrelivant, it even works on un-subscribed boat anchors:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48508&highlight=sd-h400

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46159&highlight=sd-h400

http://azbikelaw.org/computer/tivo.html

dave7101
09-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Hello All,

Anyone else having crash problems when using 'higuide', it doesn't happen everytime i use it, but it seems to be fairly common (every 2 or 3 access). I suspect it may be a memory issue, but ill post some relevant log dump info just in case.

Sep 4 15:41:19 (none) TmkAssertionFailure[216]: (BlockFailure, line 2150 ())
Sep 4 15:41:19 (none) tivosh[216]: Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <216> died due to signal -2
Sep 4 15:41:19 (none) tivosh[216]: Tmk Thread Backtrace: ddb8f8
Sep 4 15:41:19 (none) tivosh[216]: Tmk Fatal Error: Thread died due to signal -2
Sep 4 15:41:19 (none) tivosh[216]: Invoking rule 834: rebooting system

abba
09-04-2006, 02:56 PM
OK, I am making progress but stuck at tivowebplus install

First I got this error when trying to do a testrun of tivowebplus console

cp: /bin/tivosh: No such file or directory
I copied over tivobin with this command:
"cp tivo/tvbin/tivosh /tivovar/hack/tivowebplus/"
Now when I give command: tivoweb console
I get this error:
./tivoweb: ./tivosh: cannot execute binary file

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John1980
09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
First I got this error when trying to do a testrun of tivowebplus console

Interesting errors. I am guessing that you do not have the location of tivosh (usually /tvbin) in your PATH? Copying the file might work, but you could run into trouble elsewhere... setting the PATH correctly is a better solution. You should be able to type "tivosh" from the command line and have it start the shell.

John1980
09-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Anyone else having crash problems when using 'higuide', it doesn't happen everytime i use it, but it seems to be fairly common (every 2 or 3 access). I suspect it may be a memory issue, but ill post some relevant log dump info just in case.

How many channels are being displayed? If you try and restrict the number of channels (using the various settings such as Custom Channels) then it may help reduce the memory footprint. The module is very hungry as it needs to build the complete table in memory to work out the collisions, etc...

John1980
09-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a problem on my machine, but while troubleshooting a module issue, I noticed this output when quitting tivoweb from the interface.

This is not really a problem as it is likely the server got upset with the module that you were having trouble with. If it happens again then it could be an issue with how one of the modules you have loaded is handling the "restart" mechanism. If you have command line access then the best way of restarting is to use "./tivoweb restart" as it will perform a complete shutdown and startup freeing up all memory structures, etc.

John1980
09-04-2006, 05:18 PM
I did the same test moving between the different channel options. It took a little longer this time but I received a similar error message as I did before.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_showing '/1522902/90' ''

The 0x70009 error is one of those funny ones where the MFS access mechanism has got itself confused. From this point onwards any access to the MFS will likely result in the same error. The only information I can find concerning it is that a reboot fixes it, although it is very likely to be a result of the internal functions running low on usable memory.

Throg
09-04-2006, 05:52 PM
If you have command line access then the best way of restarting is to use "./tivoweb restart" as it will perform a complete shutdown and startup freeing up all memory structures, etc.I read that and thought, "Ya know, that's right. I wonder why I haven't tried that for so long.". So I tried it and got this:

TiVo1: / $ /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb restart
ERROR: A wget binary could not be found, and this is required
to shutdown the application from the command line.
Warning: An http server is already runningWhat does that mean exactly? wget is a busybox applet and the busybox directory is in my path.

John1980
09-04-2006, 06:18 PM
ERROR: A wget binary could not be found, and this is required to shutdown the application from the command line.

Sorry, the test is not "busybox" aware as their binaries do not support the "gnu style" --version option. I will change it in the next release, but if you want to you can remove the check on line 132 to see if it will work with the busybox binary.

If it does work okay then I will change the line at 132 from:

if wget --version >/dev/null 2>&1; then

to the following (which will recognise the busybox binary):

wget --version > /dev/null 2>&1
if test $? -ne 127; then

Throg
09-04-2006, 06:51 PM
if test $? -ne 127; then
...It will shutdown after I removed the --tries=2, --timeout=15, and -o /dev/null (the busybox binary doesn't recognize those switches) but it didn't start back up. For my purpose, I just downloaded the mips compiled wget from sourceforge.

John1980
09-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Minor change made to the debug module (found under SysAdmin -> Debug) so that it will display the total memory usage at the bottom of the page. I am not sure if this will help diagnose memory issues on the DTivo units as it is likely to be an issue with the garbage collector rather than the amount of memory required for the current set of variables - and remember that it only displays the usage for the modules included in the bundle.

SteveT
09-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Sorry, the test is not "busybox" aware as their binaries do not support the "gnu style" --version option. I will change it in the next release, but if you want to you can remove the check on line 132 to see if it will work with the busybox binary.

If it does work okay then I will change the line at 132 from:

if wget --version >/dev/null 2>&1; then

to the following (which will recognise the busybox binary):

if test $? -ne 127; then

I used your proposed code above and "tivoweb restart" worked with my busybox wget (after removing the --tries, --timeout and -o switches, as mentioned by Throg). This is great! Thanks.

Also, I am getting "unexpected end of file" on the latest .tgz (060906) when I use your excellent Update module. I downloaded it using 2 separate PCs and 2 separate tivo's and got the same results on each. Also, WinZip gives "invalid compressed data" when I try and open the .tgz on the PC.

Thanks as always for your continued work on this tool.

John1980
09-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I am getting "unexpected end of file" on the latest .tgz (060906) when I use your excellent Update module.
I did have to upload the file twice as the original was a little small... but this was done immediately so I am guessing it may have been cached. It is working okay for me this morning, but I have uploaded the file again just to be sure. If you are still having trouble you could use an older version (060904 and 060905 are also there), I will also upload another version tonight that should handle the busybox wget binary.

Butch
09-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Direct TV TiVo series 2 unit that has TivoWebPlus Project - v1.2.1 original and modified/updated User Interface for TiVo Web

On a unit that is all subscribed works good (you are able to see and click on the User Interface selection on TiVoWebs Main Menu screen).

On a unit that is not subscribed does not show the User Interface selection on TiVoWebs Main Menu screen. But if you type into the web browser "http://192.168.0.203/ui" you will get to the User Interface.

I Hope I gave enough info. Thanks.

John1980
09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Direct TV TiVo series 2 unit that has TivoWebPlus Project - v1.2.1 original and modified/updated User Interface for TiVo Web.

I fixed a large number of issues in the 1.2.1 when I created the v1.2.2 and v1.3.0 bundles. My suggestion would be to try one of the later bundles and see if you are still having issues. The latest bundle can be found at http://beam.to/twp. If you do still have problems you will likely find and error message in /var/log/tivoweb.log which you can post for me to fix.

Butch
09-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Tried the new bundles.
Here is the LOG

I see this in the log
"
ui
"

/var/log/tivoweb.log/
TivoWebPlus - v1.3.0 (1.3.0 (oztivo-060906))
PoolSize=2916352
Loading modules...
ChannelMap
backup
channelgrid
channelprefs
confresManual
debug
extract
favicon
gallery
gdchecker
hackman
--hackman Version 4.0.2--
-Root directory mounted read-only.
-Wednesday, September 06, 2006, 11:23 PM, local time
higuide
index
-initializing logo index
--caching 631 channels for source of type=6 (DirecTV)
info
lj_utils
logos
logs
mail
manrec
merge
mfsbrowser
mrv
netconfig
phone
resources
rss
sched
screen
search
sysadmin
theme
ui

while executing
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set dataset [db $db open /DataSet/GenreVersion]
set genres [dbobj $dataset gettarget Data]
}"
(procedure "GetSAGenres" line 5)
invoked from within
"GetSAGenres"
(procedure "init_db" line 70)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "./modules/ui.itcl" line 5209)
invoked from within
"source $module "
update
webremote
whatson
wishlists
xlist
{more}
Accepting Connections
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/adams.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/blackbook.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/blue.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/daynight.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/faiec.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/halloween.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/sortof.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/technophobe.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:29] "/technophobe2.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:30] "/tivocomm.css"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:30] "/pngfix_map.js"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:35] "/logs/"
192.168.0.1 - - [07/Sep/2006:03:24:37] "/logs/tivoweb.log/"

John1980
09-07-2006, 02:30 AM
T
while executing

This means that you have neither /ApgBoot (found on DTivo units) or /DataSet/GenreVersion (found on SA units). I have changed the code so that it will handle this situation, but have no idea what problems it may cause in other modules. I have posted 060907 which you could try.

tiorio
09-07-2006, 02:38 AM
This TivoWebPlus update ROCKS. Plain and simple. Thanks.

TJN
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
This TivoWebPlus update ROCKS. Plain and simple. Thanks.

:) Agreed - especially like the guide enhancements for HD shows

One question re: custom channels in the HiGuide. I am trying to get only HD channels in my custom guide. Example - I have two local channels for ABC affiliate, one SD one HD. When I enter the HD channel number (2-1) into the custom channel box the guide returns the SD channel (2). Have tried entering the station call letters but that doesn't seem to take either.
The HD channel is received OTA while the SD channel is from satellite. Both appear in the all/favorites guide. Any thoughts?

HD DTivo

Butch
09-07-2006, 11:14 AM
This means that you have neither /ApgBoot (found on DTivo units) or /DataSet/GenreVersion (found on SA units). I have changed the code so that it will handle this situation, but have no idea what problems it may cause in other modules. I have posted 060907 which you could try.

It must get this error because I have no connection to the satellite.
I tried it on a tivo with the SAT feed connected and it is able to list the User Interface. So it must be because no sat feed present.

Ill will try posted 060907
Thanks

Butch
09-07-2006, 02:48 PM
New version took care of it.

Thanks

gjetson
09-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone for all their efforts on the new TWP. Just installed todays update. It is great!

mattyx
09-08-2006, 02:52 AM
I am loving the new updates, but my to do list seems to have died. I didn't see any info posted on this problem. Here's the info it returns:

--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
invalid command name "get_verbose_title"
while executing
"get_verbose_title $program $episodic 0"
("uplevel" body line 54)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $path $prefix 15 {
set manual 0
set suggestion 0
if {$::version >= 3}..."
(procedure "action_todo" line 121)
invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 7 $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 29)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

I am clueless on what it is returning. Any suggestions/solutions are appreciated.

Thanks,

/m/

John1980
09-08-2006, 05:43 AM
I am loving the new updates, but my to do list seems to have died. I didn't see any info posted on this problem. Here's the info it returns:
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
invalid command name "get_verbose_title"

That's pretty simple. You are not running TWP. In fact I would hazzard a guess and say that you have replaced the ui.itcl module supplied with TWP. If for some reason you have to do this (although I can't think of a reason why) then you should also delete the xlist.itcl module.

John1980
09-08-2006, 08:39 AM
I have attached the latest bundle. Remember, for those wanting more frequent updates you may wish to occasionally browse the website (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus). The next few updates will contain some great updates by BTUx9 that will clean up both the code and memory usage for those running TWP on DTivo units.

MelvinPurvis
09-08-2006, 05:40 PM
One question re: custom channels in the HiGuide. I am trying to get only HD channels in my custom guide. Example - I have two local channels for ABC affiliate, one SD one HD. When I enter the HD channel number (2-1) into the custom channel box the guide returns the SD channel (2). Have tried entering the station call letters but that doesn't seem to take either.
The HD channel is received OTA while the SD channel is from satellite. Both appear in the all/favorites guide. Any thoughts?

HD DTivo

The channel number parser you have in higuide.itcl is looking for simple integers as channel numbers. The channel list stores digital off-air channels (in the US anyway) in a psuedo-floating point form (2.1 not 2-1).

In higuide.itcl you can change the line:
regsub -all {[^0-9]+} $guide(op_chan_cust) { } guide(op_chan_cust)
to:
regsub -all {[^0-9.]+} $guide(op_chan_cust) { } guide(op_chan_cust)
(adding a period after 0-9) allowing the floating point (2.1) form

Or you can wait for an update from John1980 which should contain that fix.

BTUxNine
09-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm afraid the new "channel hiding" has somewhat broken channel prefs, in that it's no longer possible to add back a channel there if it's hidden.

I think it might be better to trim the memory by reducing what info is cached rather than not loading channels, but that's just my opinion. Of course, arrays in tcl are just evil, so switching over to index-based lists would be the most efficient.

MelvinPurvis
09-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm afraid the new "channel hiding" has somewhat broken channel prefs, in that it's no longer possible to add back a channel there if it's hidden.

I think it might be better to trim the memory by reducing what info is cached rather than not loading channels, but that's just my opinion. Of course, arrays in tcl are just evil, so switching over to index-based lists would be the most efficient.

Indeed it does disable that functionality. However, I would argue that adding channels you have explicitly marked 'off' is a rare operation. One that could easily be performed on the Tivo itself, if necessary.

Rather than burdening all operations that use the channel list with the inclusion of hundreds of useless channels, it might be more appropriate to have channel prefs access the raw data instead of cached data when 'all' is selected. That way, the overhead would only be imposed when really needed.

There seems to be a fair amount of channel list scanning in the various modules. Most of it was good enough when the number of channels at issue were less than 100. As directv pushed 800 channels, some kind of alternative to looking at every one is needed.

For example, the higuide looks at every channel to see if it appears in the custom list. That seems kind of inverted (since the custom list is pretty certain to be much smaller), but cutting the number of channels down to less than half makes that loop more than twice as fast. Even if the scan was reversed, and a sorted list was used, the speed improvement would be significant.

That particular loop is only a small part of the processing time for higuide, but it is only one of many that make TWP sluggish in a variety of areas, particularly on dtivos.

My expertise with tcl is quite limited. For example, I assumed that indexed lists would be similar or more expensive to randomly access than arrays. Your comment makes that sound dubious.

Optimization is always about choosing the important things to attack. I still assume that linear searches on half the number of elements take half the time (on average), but if you have other issues that are particularly important with the tcl implementation please mention them (or give me a pointer as what I have found on the web is sparse).

BTUxNine
09-08-2006, 08:20 PM
yes, the current list length is prohibitive, and hiding those channels definitely frees up quite a bit of memory. I agree that pruning it this way does certainly help the problem, but I believe we'll see this and other bugs cropping up over time... not saying it's a reason not to prune the list, but they will have to be dealt with (putting out fires as it were).

If you'd like to discuss this or other tivosh issues further (for instance, my array comment), I'd love to chat (my accounts are listed)

mattyx
09-08-2006, 09:29 PM
That's pretty simple. You are not running TWP. In fact I would hazzard a guess and say that you have replaced the ui.itcl module supplied with TWP. If for some reason you have to do this (although I can't think of a reason why) then you should also delete the xlist.itcl module.

I have not replaced any of the modules, I actually just had to reapply the rbauuch enhancement script, and in doing so, upgraded to the latest TWP, it appears.

I am running TWP, version Version 1.3.0 (oztivo-060821) (taken from the info module).

Care to make any other guesses? Or maybe you could ask about my particular problem, instead of telling me what I do and don't have, especially because both of your statements are inaccurate.

Matt

Fofer
09-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I have not replaced any of the modules, I actually just had to reapply the rbauuch enhancement script, and in doing so, upgraded to the latest TWP, it appears.

rbauch's current enhancement script DOES replace TW-supplied ui.itcl module, with the one created by lgkhan. This is mentioned in rbautch's post here. (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=4343883&&#post4343883)

John1980's TWP Page (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus) also makes mention of this modified module in the "To Do" section.

I was having intermittent errors with that module installed too, so I reverted to the original.

Care to make any other guesses? Or maybe you could ask about my particular problem, instead of telling me what I do and don't have, especially because both of your statements are inaccurate.

Yikes. John1980 kinda knows what he's talking about. And you're just running scripts. So maybe you should be more appreciative of the time and attention he's given you... it may just enlighten you on how to fix your problem.

mattyx
09-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Yikes. John1980 kinda knows what he's talking about. And you're just running scripts. So maybe you should be more appreciative of the time and attention he's given you... it may just enlighten you on how to fix your problem.

That's why I am here, I am looking for people who know to give me a hand. I just dont appreciate being told that I am not running TWP and that I also deleted or tampered with certain modules.

I appreciate your help.

/m/

cheer
09-08-2006, 11:27 PM
That's why I am here, I am looking for people who know to give me a hand. I just dont appreciate being told that I am not running TWP and that I also deleted or tampered with certain modules.Then go somewhere else, because the all-volunteer people here providing support don't need nasty remarks, especially from someone who doesn;t much understand what's going on under the hood. Turns out he was right -- your ui.itcl was replaced. Not his fault that you are unaware what's happened on your Tivo.

abba
09-08-2006, 11:42 PM
:confused: When trying to invoke "Tivowebplus" with the command:

Tivoweb console

from bash prompt, I get the following error:

.//tivoweb: .//.dist/BlockFailure: Read-only file system

I fixed it by using

mount -o remount,rw/

And now I get this:

PoolSize=3244032
couldn't open socket: address already in use
while executing
"socket -server ::session $http_port"
("while" body line 10)
invoked from within
"while { $reload != "quit" } {
source $source_dir/libs/html.itcl
source $source_dir/libs/util.itcl
if {$::version <= 3} {
source $source_dir/..."
(file ".//httpd-tt.tcl" line 910)

Any idea why I am not getting "Accepting Connections"?

Thanks

ScanMan
09-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Any idea why I am not getting "Accepting Connections"?
I know most like to put hacks in the root partition and you should put your important ones there like tivoftpd, etc. But I like to just put TWP in /var; I figure it's no big deal to restore if it gets wiped. Besides, you don't want to run root as read-write all the time, it's not good practice. There have been numerous discussions on this but I don't have a link handy; trust me. Lastly, the

couldn't open socket: address already in usesuggests you didn't point TWP to an alternate port like 8080 in the 'tivoweb.cfg' file - S2 tivos have a generic web server already running on port 80 that it looks like you may be conflicting with.

TJN
09-09-2006, 12:26 AM
In higuide.itcl you can change the line:
regsub -all {[^0-9]+} $guide(op_chan_cust) { } guide(op_chan_cust)
to:
regsub -all {[^0-9.]+} $guide(op_chan_cust) { } guide(op_chan_cust)
(adding a period after 0-9) allowing the floating point (2.1) form

Thanks for that clarification - file edited and local (OTA) HD channels now in HiGuide! :)

mattyx
09-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Then go somewhere else, because the all-volunteer people here providing support don't need nasty remarks, especially from someone who doesn;t much understand what's going on under the hood. Turns out he was right -- your ui.itcl was replaced. Not his fault that you are unaware what's happened on your Tivo.

Hmm. I could have sworn the nasty remark didn't come from me. I asked nicely for support, and attached relevant information. I was told that I wasnt running TWP, which I am, and that I messed with the ui module, which I did not. It turns out that another program is messing with the ui module, apparently. I accept that, but I dont accept the tone of the original response, it was unnecessary.

I have tried to replace the ui.itcl with the one marked .orig. That did not work. I would like to get the to do list to work with the rbauch enhancement script, if possible. Was anyone able to do this?

If anyone would like to help out, I would appreciate it.

Regards,

/m/

John1980
09-09-2006, 07:40 AM
I would like to get the to do list to work with the rbauch enhancement script, if possible. Was anyone able to do this?

As mentioned in the previous post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=262888&postcount=226) you simply need to remove the xlist.itcl module (as it is using functions not available in your version of the ui.itcl module).

John1980
09-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Those not running the ui.itcl module supplied with the bundle may also see the following error when using the higuide module:

---
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_higuide '/' ''
can't read "repeatindex": no such variable
while executing
"if {$repeatindex >= 0} {

You can check your distribution from either the "info" module (look for the hyperlink under the distribution version) or from the command line using "check_dist.sh -simple". Both will display the differences between the distribution and the files currently on your TiVo.

mattyx
09-09-2006, 02:34 PM
As mentioned in the previous post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=262888&postcount=226) you simply need to remove the xlist.itcl module (as it is using functions not available in your version of the ui.itcl module).

I misunderstood your first post. I thought you said that if I had deleted the ui.itcl then I needed to also delete the xlist.itcl.

Thanks for the help, that did the job. I appreciate it.

/m/

MikeMcr
09-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I have just installed TWP and noticed a problem with the To Do list.

In the Episode column, it displays raw HTML codes where the date should be in brackets. For example, it displays:

No Episode Title (10<small><sup>th</sup></small> Sep 2006)

This is repeated in every row in the grid. Other pages with a similar layout (e.g. Now Playing) look fine.

I looked at the page source and it is:

(10&lt;small&gt;&lt;sup&gt;th&lt;/sup&gt;&lt;/small&gt; Sep 2006)

The tags seem to have been lost or corrupted?

John1980
09-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I have just installed TWP and noticed a problem with the To Do list. In the Episode column, it displays raw HTML codes where the date should be in brackets. For example, it displays:

No Episode Title (10<small><sup>th</sup></small> Sep 2006)

I have fixed this... expect to find it in the next distribution (1-2 days) or impatient people could try a pre-release bundle (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-oztivo-060910.tgz)

MikeMcr
09-10-2006, 04:38 AM
I have fixed this... expect to find it in the next distribution (1-2 days) or impatient people could try a pre-release bundle (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-oztivo-060910.tgz)
That works, thank you. :)

tsteuver
09-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Using TivoWebPlus v1.3.1.

When I select User Interface / ToDo, I get the following error (there is no blocklist.txt file):

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
couldn't open "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt": read-only file system
while executing
"open $filename w"
(procedure "gbl_load" line 3)
invoked from within
"gbl_load "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt""
(procedure "action_todo" line 10)
invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 7 $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 28)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

BTUxNine
09-10-2006, 11:08 PM
it's trying to write to the file, and it LOOKS like that path may be symlinked back onto the root partition

John1980
09-10-2006, 11:08 PM
When I select User Interface / ToDo, I get the following error (there is no blocklist.txt file):

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
couldn't open "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt": read-only file system

This is because the filesystem is read-only so it cannot create the required blocklist file. I am guessing you have /var/hack symbolically linked to the root filesystem which boots into read-only mode. If TWP and /var/hack/etc do not reside on a writable filesystem then they will not be able to update their configurations file - meaning you will also get errors when setting filters, themes, higuide options, etc...

tsteuver
09-11-2006, 12:16 PM
This is because the filesystem is read-only so it cannot create the required blocklist file. I am guessing you have /var/hack symbolically linked to the root filesystem which boots into read-only mode. If TWP and /var/hack/etc do not reside on a writable filesystem then they will not be able to update their configurations file - meaning you will also get errors when setting filters, themes, higuide options, etc...
Makes sense. What Linux commands do I use to correct it? (not a Linux person) ;-)

rayik
09-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Makes sense. What Linux commands do I use to correct it? (not a Linux person) ;-)

Telnet in. Then to make read /write:

mount -o remount,rw /

To make read only:

mount -o, remount,ro /