PDA

View Full Version : Adding episode text to now showing in 6.2

makinrain
08-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I've searched and searched and find ton's of info on getting episodes to appear in now showing on older dtivo versions.

However, I can't find the info to help do the following.

I have a show that I've been recording that doesn't appear to have episode description. i.e.

Drive Thru History
- (appears 10 times in now showing, looking exactly the same).

Upon viewing a minute or two, I can determine what the episode name is. ie.

- Episode 3: Rome
- Episode 4: Greece

Is there a way to manually add/edit the episode information so it shows up on the now showing screen ?

(Tivoweb module?, Chunkedit ?, mfs-ftp ?, Tytools ?)

captain_video
08-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Try EditTitle. I believe the latest iteration is EditTitle4.tcl. You can modify show titles and descriptions, among other things, and undelete shows that you may want to recover.

Beth-O
08-11-2005, 01:59 PM
This can be easily accomplished by using TivoWeb Plus, through the Now Showing List -> Edit.

Also, can be done using EditTitle6Beta.tcl.

makinrain
08-11-2005, 10:36 PM
This can be easily accomplished by using TivoWeb Plus, through the Now Showing List -> Edit.

I tried the TivoWeb Plus and it appears to change all the episodes for a show to be the same.

Would love to use tivoweb plus, but doesn't seem to work correctly.

Any suggestions ?

Otherwise, I guess I'll try edittitle

eastwind
08-12-2005, 07:08 AM
I tried the TivoWeb Plus and it appears to change all the episodes for a show to be the same.

Would love to use tivoweb plus, but doesn't seem to work correctly.

Any suggestions ?

Otherwise, I guess I'll try edittitle
Might need to change it from 'Not an Episode' to 'Episode' and then change the information.

ew

makinrain
08-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Might need to change it from 'Not an Episode' to 'Episode' and then change the information.

Tried that, didn't work.

Did notice that on the info screen on tivo, these episodes have

"isepisode: False"

While the other shows that have episodes with "isepisode: True"

Perhaps there is a way to change this ?

cojonesdetoro
08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
edititle works and is automated. I run it every night so that I can see what the episodes are of all my shows without having to go into the show description.

eastwind
08-24-2005, 09:11 PM
edititle works and is automated. I run it every night so that I can see what the episodes are of all my shows without having to go into the show description.
Every tried this one? (from a NP screen)
Press thumb up
Press thumb down
Press thumb up
Press 7
Press 8

ew

singe606
08-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Every tried this one? (from a NP screen)
Press thumb up
Press thumb down
Press thumb up
Press 7
Press 8
ewI love it! How come I never heard of this one before? I wonder what other cool things I'm missing.