PDA

View Full Version : Tytools Multiplex Extraction Problem

pbubel
08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Hello Everybody.

I've got a HDVR2 running 6.2 with a 160 GB Seagate Drive. I've installed this version of tserver (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487) that doesn't use a NowShowing.tcl. I'm able to download the Now Playing List, but when I try and download a show in multiplex mode I end up with a zero bit file. It goes through the motion of downloading, traffic shows up in my traffic meter (20 Mb/s), but in the end I'm still left with a 0 bit file in my download directory. Anyway have any ideas? Thanks for everybody's help.

Check out this screenshoot (http://www.bubel.com/~pbubel/ttytools-problem.jpg) to get a better idea of whats going on.

captain_video
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Do you have scrambling disabled? There have been issues reported when downloading in multiplex mode so you might want to try tystream mode instead and multiplex the files after you've extracted them.

pbubel
08-25-2005, 08:11 PM
I haven't disabled scrambling. How does one do that? I'm off to search for an anwser, if anybody has a link that would be great. THANKS!

captain_video
08-25-2005, 08:56 PM
If you've already hacked your 6.2 DTivo then all you need to do is install and run NutKase's superpatch-67all patch. It not only installs the noscramble tivoapp patch but it also adds HMO and MRV capability. You'll find it in the series 2 support section.

manzwa
09-05-2005, 09:47 PM
If you've already hacked your 6.2 DTivo then all you need to do is install and run NutKase's superpatch-67all patch. It not only installs the noscramble tivoapp patch but it also adds HMO and MRV capability. You'll find it in the series 2 support section.

Captain_video, I am confused. I have read here on this forum that MRV does not work on the Directv tivos, only the HMO. I have installed the superpatch-67all and hacked my kernel running 6.2. Still working out other details like the downloading to computer ect.. I have a hard drive like icon in my now playing list with label DVR-929F, once selected it states that the other DVR is not enabled to transfer. The other Dtivo accusses, if you will, the other dvr of the same.

I see the tivo is listening on port 2190 and 2191 and as I understand this is the tivo discover ports and work with the MRV protocol. When hacking the second dtivo, I cloned using the mfsbackup | mfsrestore -x. I did one thing I am suspicious of that may be wrong, I never renamed the second dvr with the set_mrv_name-67.tcl. Surely that is not the problem, I did alter the ip address. I just added to the rc.sysinit file ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.51 255.255.255.0.

Am I confused about MRV not going to work on my Directv Tivo's? Or should I be looking at something else to fix transfers between? I have iptables cleared out using alldeadhomez fix. Before his fix I tried the iptables -F then iptables-save but that would not work. I have ran a linux gateway for sometime. IPmasq is really sweet. I just wonder if I should be setting up a table to allow all. But then again I can view a movie via the vserver and mplayer but tserver will not respond. Usually when the deny all is default settings with systems I have worked with you have to make sure you enable traffic with an allow. But there is traffic running so I suppose this is not the case.

Hope this is not a jumping offense to ask the question here.

Thanks,
Manzwa

eastwind
09-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I did one thing I am suspicious of that may be wrong, I never renamed the second dvr with the set_mrv_name-67.tcl.
Thanks,
Manzwa
Then why not do that? Might very well be the problem. I only have one DTiVo, but if I had two I would give them different names.

ew

manzwa
09-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Then why not do that? Might very well be the problem. I only have one DTiVo, but if I had two I would give them different names.

ew
I am tickled pink!! I did rerun set_mrv_name_67.tcl command and it fixed the problem. I had already tried to execute the command and it would not run. I don't know where I got this idea but for some reason I thought I had to run it while the hard drive was in my PC instead of the tivo, not telneted in. I gave it some thought after searching how to fix it then suddenly I remembered looking at why another mod/hack would not work and tried the same fix. Ftp the file again except run in binary mode. Perfect-O. Thanks for helping me find the right direction!! :p

Manzwa

agilos
09-12-2005, 01:14 AM

Great tip! Really pointed me in the right direction. I Have been reading around for a solution for a while. Thanks