PDA

View Full Version : Files question

Gunny
08-31-2005, 07:13 PM
HI Gang

This may be a stupid question but I am going to ask it any way, please pass it off as a newbie question.

I am able to extract all the files and such and view a program on my computer when done, but the problem is I cannot get the right files to be able to burn to a DVD disc. I am using tytool9R18. I get no video or audio ts folders. I know this is a very general question and not a lot of details. If more needed to correctly answer I will pass on more.

Every thing seems to be doing what it needs to, and I get no error codes during the generating of the files and such.

I appreciate any help here, getting to the frustration stage.

Thanks and take care.........Gunny

captain_video
08-31-2005, 08:41 PM
You'll need to outline your entire process so we can tell you what went wrong.

Gunny
08-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Hi Capt

I use teraterm and tytool9R18. I was guided through this by some one you know, Scott from down in Georgia. Like I said I do get into the tivo, and get the list of what is stored there.

In tytools I click the file I want and go through the add and process steps, then I get to the GOP editor window, I don't bother adding or deleting things for now, I just click on save the cut files. Then I close out that window, and click on the VOB MUX files, then I go to create IFO files and create them. Then I go through the make menu step and when that finishes I get the DVD successfully created window, I click ok. Then I go into the Dtivo folder, on my c drive, where I find the files to able me to burn to a DVD disc. supposedly. I use powerDVD to view and the program views just fine, but there are no video or audio TS folders to use. If you want I can post a picture of the files I get in my Dtivo

By all observations everything goes just fine, except I don't wind up with the right files. This is a hacked Hughes Tivo, and I am use 4.0

Thanks.............Gunny

captain_video
09-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Make sure you've specified an output directory under the Options menu. Otherwise, there's no place to put the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.

Gunny
09-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Capt.

Ok I did that, now I get the two folders, audio and video, but there is nothing in them, when I go to open them. Should I drag the viewable VOB file into the video TS folder.? The VOB file is the one that I can click on and it brings up Powerdvd, so I can view what I just generated. The way I understand it the VOB is the one I need to make the DVD. Is there another file I should be clicking on.? Should there be a file with EXE on the end. I clicked on some of them and they don't do anything that would make me think they can be used to make a DVD copy. At least we are getting some where now.

Thanks..............Gunny

Gunny
09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi capt

Just wondering does this wake any difference in the problem I am having as to how I have the VCD/SVCD set.? It has been suggested in not using the teraterm. Just use telnet tytools. I thought teraterm was the tool to get you connected to your Tivo. ? Right/wrong.?

Thanks............Gunny