PDA

View Full Version : HD.TY files converting/encoding to .TS possible on HR10-250?

Guardian69
09-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey all,
I have been searching and converting, and deleting, etc etc, if there is already a good topic coving this, please point me to it. Note though, I am not concerned with SD, only the HD.TS files that come from the HR10-250.

When extracting them from HDTYTools, based on the instructions, I do a complete rip, ending up with a movie.TY file.

It's at this point I am not sure exactly what I need to do to keep 100% QUALITY, just make it the more standard .TS file.

I would like to be able to play these files on applications like VLC,MediaPlayerClassic, etc. I find all kind of stuff on "HD to DVD" etc, but that to me just defeats the point of HD.

I wish I could just pull the .ty file into HDTVtoMPEG and create the .ts files no matter what size, but it doesn't understand the .ty format. Also, if I pull it into VLC and convert it to .ts, when then verifying in HDTVtoMPeg, there are no channels (PIDS).

Any help would be great, I Loved all the help docs on how to hack the HR10-250! Got it all running great, just at the last mile, and can't seem to get the files to standard.

Thanks, G!

Guardian69
09-04-2005, 08:36 PM
I hope this wasn't in the wrong location? I can't imagine I am the only person that has interest in being able to take the .TY files and convert them to the standard .TS format?

Or, being able to play the .TY files in players like VLC without having to Mux them to MPEG?

Thanks for any insight or processes you have for how to overcome the .TY obstacle.

Thanks,
G.

bcc
09-05-2005, 05:07 PM
The question doesn't make sense, as you can leave the content in standard compliant, hi-def. mpeg, and play it back directly. No need to convert the program stream (.mpg) back into a transport stream (.ts) just for playback purposes. That would be a less desirable method to use for playback as it requires an extra conversion step.
Or, being able to play the .TY files in players like VLC without having to Mux them to MPEG?Mplayer can. tyshow supposedly can but I think it still has issues with HD .ty.

Guardian69
09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
thanks BCC,
I will look into Mplayer? and TYshow.

Also, I understood that there was another process involved in getting the .ty to .ts, but based on newsgroups, etc, everyone tends to post in .ts...

It seems that a .mpg is exactly the same quality as a .ts, just different hardware that's ripping them into different formats. I just wish applications like VLC,MediaPlayerClassic,PowerDVD, etc would play .TY files directly. :)

update: Well tyshow was last updated in 2003, so your right, it probably wasn't ever created to play HD files as they weren't on TIVO's then.
Mplayer will play .ts,.mpg, but not .ty, so might as well use a GUI like VLC...
Thanks for the advice, if there was a newer player it may, but still a no go.
G.

bcc
09-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I just wish applications like VLC,MediaPlayerClassic,PowerDVD, etc would play .TY files directly. :)powerdvd, and probably windvd can play high-def .mpg directly which is practically the same thing, no transcoding required. Like I said, mplayer and tyshow can so I'm not sure where you're coming from.
update: Well tyshow was last updated in 2003Actually it's had updates this year if you look at the thread, and also comments about various success using it for playback of HD tys. Also media players such as iodata's can play back HD tys using these same directshow filters. (If you don't mind alpha-quality software in a released hardware product).
Mplayer will play .ts,.mpg, but not .tyCompletely false, tho I do recommend picking up the patch I posted here at DDB. Works for me in versions up to &including 1.0pre6.

desplaines
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
The conversion to .mpg as done in TyTool ('9r19pre3' version recommended) does not 'remux' the data or change its quality in any way. As bcc said, these files play very well in WinDVD 6.

bcc
09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Actually you have to remux. But that need not imply transcoding of the streams or losing of a/v sync.

Guardian69
09-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I will look for 9r19beta3, I was using 9r18, and it seemed to be working good from what you have said, but I will upgrade just to be sure..
thanks again!

kmt
09-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Where can I get Tytool 9r19pre3? I'm having a variety of issues with HD ty files on 9r18.