PDA

View Full Version : 7.2 on Dtivo HDVR2

Vegas
09-05-2005, 03:30 PM
I am attempting to get 7.2 to boot and run on my DTivo model HDVR2.

I've made it into Stage F in the boot process but running in to limits of my knowledge with the last kernel panic. I realize there are other errors before this that will have to be corrected to get a functioning system, but I need to get through the whole boot process before working on those.

I am keeping track of all the changes and additions I am making to the 7.2 software and will post all if I ever get this to work.

My motivation for this is the fact that 7.2 (with the help of Tivodesktop) will play mpg's off my server. And because its there.

Attached is the serial port log from my last boot. Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

If others are working on this lets use this thread to share information.
Or if anyone knows for sure this can't be done, Please stop me now.

Thanks

Vegas

AlphaWolf
09-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Your monte isn't even running.

sp="" This is first pass, running monte
Warning: kernel-module version mismatch
/monte/kmonte.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.4-TiVo-3.0
while this kernel is version 2.4.20
Warning: loading /monte/kmonte.o will taint the kernel: forced load
See http://www.tux.org/lkml/#export-tainted for information about tainted modules
monte: Two-kernel Monte for MIPS (Version 0.1)
monte: MuscleNerd (MIPS version), Erik Arjan Hendriks (x86 version)
Module kmonte loaded, with warnings
monte: Operation not permitted

You should start with a 2.4.4 (e.g. tivo sw 3.1.1c) kernel before the chainload, then chainload into a kernel that is known to be compatible with 7.2. After that point you are then probably going to run into an error message saying that apgmanager couldn't be started. There wont be any way to get around this unless you can somehow get the apgmanager program.

I would say that your best shot at doing this is probably going to be running 7.1b instead of 7.2, and then using a 6.2 tivoapp binary in the place of the symlink that is otherwise in /tvbin/ApgManager (since both were made with the same compiler.)

Either way, this is very unlikely to work.

Vegas
09-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Your monte isn't even running.

Well that was just dumb. I dd'd in the wrong kernel and then ignored the error message.

Got that fixed up and made it through the boot process. No services running but I do have serial bash.

What I've done so far:

Started with a working 7.2 image from my TCD540 box. Restored that to a spare drive.

Added missing scripts, binaries, modules... from my 6.2 box.

Setup the drive to boot from a 3.1.1c kernel and then monte to the 6.2 kernel. (tried to monte into the 7.2 kernel, but it would hang after monte loaded the kernel) EDIT Don't have a 7.1 kernel or I would try that.

Had to hard code the startup scripts to set platform to "provo" and implementation to "Series2"

osdwriter from 7.2 causes a panic so I am using the one from 6.2. It still faults out but the boot process continues.

Set handcraft true to skip loading services and make it through the boot.

Created the ttyS2 device to get bash on the serial port.

Well, it's booted up (kind of). Going to work on the osdwriter next. If I get past that I'll work on starting services.

Enough for tonight. Attaching the "successful" boot log if anyone is interested.

Vegas

Vegas
09-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Not much time tonight, but got rid of the dssapp warning.

lots of differances between the device files (/dev/*) from 7.2 & 6.2
Changed /dev/brcm0 from major 30 minor 19 to minor 0 and added /dev/brcmpcm2 to get rid of the warning.
Need to go through all of these and create/recreate as needed before going on.

Before
Loading Provo dssapp
Look for debug board
/tvbin/dssapp: DSS Interface Version 1.24, compiled on Nov 12 2004
/tvbin/dssapp: ### WARNING: DetermineCompatibility: Failed to open transport device '/dev/brcm0': Operation not permitted
Not loading ATSC processor for this platform
Loading irblast.o

After
Loading Provo dssapp
Look for debug board
/tvbin/dssapp: DSS Interface Version 1.24, compiled on Nov 12 2004
Not loading ATSC processor for this platform
Loading irblast.o

Having fun

Vegas

Jamie
09-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Started with a working 7.2 image from my TCD540 box. Restored that to a spare drive.The 540 is a Gen04 (Series 2.5), while your dtivo is a Series2. That's why the kernel is incompatible. The files in /platform also will be for a Gen04 rather than a Series2. You might be better off starting with a Series2 7.2 image.

Vegas
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
You might be better off starting with a Series2 7.2 image.

That would make things a lot easier, but I don't know anyone with a stand alone. Ive searched for an image but nothing seems to be availble yet.
So I have to work with what I have.
If something comes availble I will put it to good use.

Looking for an image now. Begging request here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234361&postcount=602)

Vegas

craigyk
09-19-2005, 03:06 AM
Hi, new here, and I've spent the past day looking around these forums and trying to put everything together in my head. I have a Toshiba SD-H400 unit running 7.2 So far I've managed to switch the 80GB drive with a 160Gb drive. I used mfstool (straightforward) and the toshiba_unlock script. I did this at work on the work PC, everything I've done from this point was done at home on my Mac, so I don't have a serial console hookup. I placed a killhdinitrd 3.1.5 kernel in my kernel partition and that worked allright, except I lost DHCP and the TiVo no longer found my wireless network using my USB Belkin Wireless adapter. Fortunately it still worked if I entered the network name and settings directly. I then enabled telnet, installed ftp, vserver, busybox, and applied the super67 patch. So far so good! So now I'm basically trying to figure out how to do niftier stuff like using monte. I tried to edit my rc.sysinit script to chain-load a copy of my original 7.2 kernel I acquired using dd, and to which I tried to apply replace_initrd. This did not work. I'm not sure if I misused replace_initrd or whether chain-loading the 7.2 kernel from 3.1.5 just won't work. Any ideas? I'm hoping chain-loading my original 7.2 kernel will fix my dhcp and wireless issue. Is this true? Any suggestions on how to correctly use replace_initrd to neuter my 7.2 kernel? I applied the null-initrd image as is available in the original replace_initrd thread but I'm not sure if this was correct. Thanks.

AlphaWolf
09-19-2005, 02:18 PM
it puts the lotion into the basket or else it gets the hose again (ed2k://|file|7.2_slices_all_models.rar|69930525|7C320519FAADA1CCE3B48C535EA56590|p=85FDC9FA4AFBE9F35090688D BAF44159:CACDF2A13C1BD238CADF6CA36F5C7125:F87A224AEC793BED38413E1A65D57F69:D3D44D91CC50411600126808A 5CCE617:3A0CB5B9C3DA70B56836F258C3F34365:26A757D901F58C9C3BFCEFFF4993B706:F5C88A8EF631CF122120C623CB 867917:DBB7EB90BEB52C3AEB61FDAA4B1985FB|h=PXNMV5E4EMXPJ3GBBSIZPDZMVKVKV3FU|/)

Vegas
09-19-2005, 10:58 PM
All good things to those who wait.

Moderators: Could you move post #7 to Newbie

tvtyme
09-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Hey Vegas,

I'm glad to see someone else is interested in this. I was posting in this thread:
http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44522

Rather than go back and forth, I'll repost here what I'd posted there.

Peace

tvtyme
09-27-2005, 12:59 PM
<<Post #1>>
I'd be willing to try (to get 7.X booted on a Dtivo) with some guidance. I'm trying to boot 7.2 (TCD20040 image) on an non-RID Dtivo. (Why?...want to play around with TTG and MAK)
My steps so far:
1. Restored 7.2 image and rebooted PC
2. dd'ed 3.1.5 kernel from PTVUpgrade CD to partition 3,6 (bootpage -p gave "4")
3. Installed rc.sysinit.author
4. Enabled backdoor by setting DEBUG_BOARD=true in /etc/rc.d/StageD_PreMfs/rc.Sequence_150.CheckForDebug.sh
5. Installed Alphawolf's AIO
6. Disabled future upgrades via bootpage
7. Renamed netfilter-enable, dhclient and iptables (installed dummy iptables)

See attached console output.

tvtyme
09-27-2005, 01:00 PM
<<Post #2>>
So...does anyone know where I should start with trying to add the apgmanger library into 7.X Tivoapp? As you can see from the console output of my initial post, the startup process gets to "Running boot Stage G_PostApplication scripts", and then hangs.

All the 'apgmanger' searches I've done here only turn up the usual bootup messages for apgmanager. If pointed in the right direction i'll take a stab at it. This forum has been a great hobby resource for me. Just trying to find a way to give something (hopefully of value) back
I'm thinking I'd need:
- the Tivo source code
- a compile platform (if Linux, which distro/kernel? I have RH9 and Ubuntu)
- anything else?

Just want to avoid going down the wrong path. ;o

Peace

AlphaWolf
09-27-2005, 01:36 PM
if I was to give this any chance of working at all, I would say you would be better off starting with 7.1b, and then use tivoapp from 6.2 put into /tvbin and renamed to ApgManager. You aren't ever going to get ahold of the tivoapp source simply because it isn't open source.

Vegas
09-27-2005, 02:04 PM
<<Post #1>>
7. Renamed netfilter-enable, dhclient and iptables (installed dummy iptables)

tytyme:

I'm still waiting for the 7.1 or 2 slices (or backup image) so I've been on hold with this project.
From what I have done with 7.2 I would not recommend renaming netfilter-enable, dummy iptables should be enough.

I have about 50% of the 7.2 slices downloaded so hopefully I'll be back at this soon.

Vegas

tvtyme
09-27-2005, 04:11 PM
That would make things a lot easier, but I don't know anyone with a stand alone. Ive searched for an image but nothing seems to be availble yet.
So I have to work with what I have.
If something comes availble I will put it to good use.

Looking for an image now. Begging request here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234361&postcount=602)

Vegas

I got an S2 7.1b image (see my post above) from TCF. Send StanSimmons a PM at that site.

Vegas
10-02-2005, 02:43 PM
if I was to give this any chance of working at all, I would say you would be better off starting with 7.1b, and then use tivoapp from 6.2 put into /tvbin and renamed to ApgManager.

I found a 7.1b image so I'm back at this.

Taking AlphaWolf's advice I copied tivoapp from 6.2 into tvbin. Renamed it to tivoapp.62 and linked ApgManager to it.
I've got handcraft set so I can start services manualy. When I run TvLauncher -StartAtBoot several services start but I get the following when ApgManager starts up:

Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) TmkInit[216]: Pool not found: TmkKeyMap
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) TmkInit[216]: Pool not found: fs
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) TmkAssertionFailure[216]: (FsAllocateFunction, line 80 ())
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: Tmk Fatal Error: Thread ApgManager <216> strayed!
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: bt -t /tvbin/tivoapp.62
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: read 0x2aaa8000 /lib/ld.so.1
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: read 0x2ab04000 /lib/libutil.so.1
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: read 0x2ab48000 /lib/libdl.so.2
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: read 0x2ab8c000 /lib/libpthread.so.0
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: read 0x2abe8000 /lib/libm.so.6
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: read 0x2acb0000 /lib/libc.so.6
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: 0x012cdafc 0x01384aa4 0x0138518c 0x013851e0 0x0072e3c0 0x00612c70 0x00403090
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: 0x2acc13fc
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: Tmk Fatal Error: Thread ApgManager <216>: assertion failure
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: Tmk Fatal Error: Thread died due to signal -2
Oct 2 17:35:49 (none) ApgManager[216]: Invoking rule 834: rebooting system

Searching here and on Google for "Pool not found" hasn't turned up anything helpfull. Anyone have any ideas?

I've also tried linking ApgManager to the tivoapp from 7.1b but all I get then is "TivoApp: Ack! I don't support program ApgManager"

Attached are the tivo logs.

tytyme, any better luck on your end?

Vegas

AlphaWolf
10-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Hmm...it is possible you forgot to run a service (4.x and up tivoapp is convoluted as hell to start, and is very picky about what is running before it will do anything.) I would run it without handcraft (normal bootup) and see what you get. This is still a crapshoot though. I think you may end up needing more libraries from 6.2 in any case though (getting them to run alongside the 7.1b libraries is going to get ugly.)

Vegas
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Ok, tried running without handcraft, got the same result.

Found a debug command for TvLauncher (TvLauncher -Debug) so I linked ApgManager back to 7.1b's tivoapp. Rebooted and ran the debug got the following output:

state 0 ApgManager idle auto
state 0 DbQueryComponent_Dev_ idle auto
state 0 HuxleyAutoTest_Dev_ idle auto
state 0 KnownHostService idle auto
state 0 MediaServices_Dev_ idle auto
state 0 PassKeyService_Dev_ idle auto
state 0 RendezvousDaemon idle auto
state 0 SystemServices idle auto
state 0 TvMusicPlayerService_Dev_ idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Atlas idle auto
state 0 dbgc-mcp idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_DvdBurning idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_DvdSetup idle auto
state 0 HmeHost idle auto
state 0 httpd idle auto
state 0 httpd_Dev_ idle auto
state 0 huxley idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_MainMenu idle auto
state 0 mcp idle auto
state 0 mfsd running auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_MusicPhoto idle auto
state 0 myworld idle auto
state 0 myworldui idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_NetworkSetup idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_NowPlaying idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_PickPrograms idle auto
state 0 pvrapp_Dev_ idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_Setup idle auto
state 0 shmemd idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_SwSilicon idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_DvdPlayback idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_SomaCamcorder idle auto
state 0 tcphonehome idle auto
state 0 NetworkVideoService idle auto
state 0 RendezvousClient idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Soma idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_TeachTiVo idle auto
state 0 SiHost_Dev_SomaVideo idle auto
all programs have reported

Interesting that this reports ApgManager as idle. After running "TVLauncher -StartAtBoot" it is reported as starting. (never does start).

Looking through 7.1b's tivoapp with a hex editor I see many references to ApgManager, ApgBoot... Looks like it's still in there. Wonder if there is something I have to add back into mfs to get it to start???

Thoughts?

attached is the debug output after starting services.

AlphaWolf
10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Only little traces of it AFAIK. Do this on both a 6.2 tivoapp and a 7.1b tivoapp:

strings tivoapp | grep -i apg

Notice the differences.

Vegas
10-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Only little traces of it AFAIK. Do this on both a 6.2 tivoapp and a 7.1b tivoapp:

strings tivoapp | grep -i apg

Notice the differences.

Handy little command. Over 100 strings missing from 7.1, but satellite, dss and others sounding unique to Dtivo are still there.

looking through mfs, it appears all apg refs are missing. /ApgBoot /ApgNetwork /ApgChannel /State/Apg all missing. Could these be extracted from 6.2 and reloaded? Would these be created during guided setup? Can I force guided setup by changing /State/ServiceConfig/ServiceState... even if this was all recreated would it fix anything?? Just thinking out loud & making a things to try list.

Vegas

AlphaWolf
10-03-2005, 01:52 AM
That *may* explain why you are getting the pool not found tmk errors. You could either create those by hand or use a script somewhat like the resource_dump script found in the mfs from scratch thread.

tvtyme
10-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Hey Vegas, here's what I've done so far:
1. Monte from 3.1.1c kernel to chainloaded 2.4.20 kernel
Result: boots ok, but no ApgManager services are launched

2. Copied 6.2 "lib" files from your 10/2/05 11:43 a.m. post and rebooted
Result: <same as #1> (interesting that it didn't choke on those 6.2 libs)

3. #ls -l /tvbin showed several files that linked back to tivoapp. I'm about to copy 6.2 tivoapp as tivoapp.6.2 and linked those files to /tvbin/tivoapp6.2
Result: <pending>

Vegas
10-09-2005, 05:06 PM
That *may* explain why you are getting the pool not found tmk errors.

TmkKeyMap & fs mempools were never created. I patched /etc/mempool/Mfs.mempool and Tmk.mempool to fix that. (patched files attached)

Now ApgManager, which is linked to tivoapp.62, starts up but it won't do anything. ps lists it as sleeping and top will briefly show it in the list every once in a while.

Kind of at the limits of my diagnostic ability. Any ideas on how I can trace what it is doing or waiting for?

Vegas

Vegas
10-09-2005, 05:11 PM
2. Copied 6.2 "lib" files from your 10/2/05 11:43 a.m. post and rebooted
Result: <same as #1> (interesting that it didn't choke on those 6.2 libs)

3. #ls -l /tvbin showed several files that linked back to tivoapp. I'm about to copy 6.2 tivoapp as tivoapp.6.2 and linked those files to /tvbin/tivoapp6.2
Result: <pending>

I've tried both of these (with the patched files from my previous post) and I still get ApgManager sleeping.

Vegas

AlphaWolf
10-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Hmm...so ApgManager actually runs without crashing/rebooting the tivo? How does the regular bootup process proceed after that?

Vegas
10-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Hmm...so ApgManager actually runs without crashing/rebooting the tivo? How does the regular bootup process proceed after that?

Well, the process stops at that point. I'm still starting everything by hand, but when I go with TvLauncher -StartAtBoot the command does finish and leaves ApgManager running.

Palying around with starting things by hand using TVLauncher -StartProgram and/or starting programs directly I have gotten as far as getting myworld to startup. It hung after about 2 min. but it spit out lots of messages and spawned several more instances of dssapp, and, it did not crash or reboot the tivo.

Seeing ApgManager run and now myworld at least start is encouraging, I'm starting to think there may be some hope here!

Vegas

Vegas
10-22-2005, 09:01 AM
Using the following script I have been able to get all of these services to start, up to the point where I go back to starting by hand.

At that point I start myworld and it generates the following error in the tverr log file
"Oct 16 00:30:00 (none) DirecTVTuning[290]: No shared table. Run ApgManager or all tunes will fail!".
I believe the shared table it is looking for is in mfs GuideIndexV3/ChannelTable.

Unfortunately ChannelTable no longer exists (I forced a C&DE) and when it did exist it was not a Dtv table.

Now, my problem. I can not recreate this! Using dumpobj and resource_dump I have been able to recreate ApgBoot and ApgChannel in mfs, but tivo will not allow me to create /GuideIndexV3.

Using "transaction {[db db0 create GuideIndexV3]}" I get back "invalid object type" I've read through all of the mfs threads I can find and tried several other commands, still no luck.

Any of the mfs experts know how I can get this done? If I can just get GuideIndexV3 created I think I can get all of the other objects copied over.

#!/bin/bash
cd /tvbin
echo "Starting shmemd"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 shmemd

echo "Starting mcp"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 mcp

echo "Starting dbgc-mcp"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 dbgc-mcp

echo "Starting huxley"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 huxley

echo "Starting SystemServices"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 SystemServices

echo "Starting tcphonehome"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 tcphonehome

echo "Starting HmeHost"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 HmeHost

echo "Starting RendezvousDaemon"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 RendezvousDaemon

echo "Starting KnownHostComponent"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 KnownHostService

echo "Starting PassKeyComponent"
./PassKeyComponent &

echo "Starting ApgManager"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 ApgManager &

echo "Now start by hand ./myworld ./SiHost myworldui ./RendezvousClient"
echo "All done"

UncleJT
03-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Vegas:

Have you had any breakthroughs with this yet?

Thanks

AlphaWolf
03-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Using the following script I have been able to get all of these services to start, up to the point where I go back to starting by hand.

At that point I start myworld and it generates the following error in the tverr log file
"Oct 16 00:30:00 (none) DirecTVTuning[290]: No shared table. Run ApgManager or all tunes will fail!".
I believe the shared table it is looking for is in mfs GuideIndexV3/ChannelTable.

Unfortunately ChannelTable no longer exists (I forced a C&DE) and when it did exist it was not a Dtv table.

Now, my problem. I can not recreate this! Using dumpobj and resource_dump I have been able to recreate ApgBoot and ApgChannel in mfs, but tivo will not allow me to create /GuideIndexV3.

Using "transaction {[db db0 create GuideIndexV3]}" I get back "invalid object type" I've read through all of the mfs threads I can find and tried several other commands, still no luck.

Any of the mfs experts know how I can get this done? If I can just get GuideIndexV3 created I think I can get all of the other objects copied over.

#!/bin/bash
cd /tvbin
echo "Starting shmemd"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 shmemd

echo "Starting mcp"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 mcp

echo "Starting dbgc-mcp"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 dbgc-mcp

echo "Starting huxley"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 huxley

echo "Starting SystemServices"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 SystemServices

echo "Starting tcphonehome"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 tcphonehome

echo "Starting HmeHost"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 HmeHost

echo "Starting RendezvousDaemon"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 RendezvousDaemon

echo "Starting KnownHostComponent"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 KnownHostService

echo "Starting PassKeyComponent"
./PassKeyComponent &

echo "Starting ApgManager"
TvLauncher -StartProgram 0 ApgManager &

echo "Now start by hand ./myworld ./SiHost myworldui ./RendezvousClient"
echo "All done"

Not sure how I missed this post all of those months back, but if the only remaining issue is MFS, then there would be a pretty straightforward and thorough method of getting all of the tree and object dependencies in place. Just load up a 6.2 image and let it populate the guide for a few days. Maybe even setup a few season passes, recordings, etc. Use it like you regularly would etc, just to make sure that MFS is in a fully working (as opposed to bare) state for the 6.2 apgmanager to have everything it needs. Or better yet even, simply use an image from one of your 6.2 tivos that you have been using for a long time now.

Then use the 7.x slices to upgrade that 6.2 image to 7.x, and then go ahead and apply all of the modifications you have applied thus far. All of the necessary MFS content should remain intact after the upgrade, unless the database update process removes some legacy information, which it usually doesn't (but I've never touched 7.x so I wouldn't know.)

Vegas
03-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Vegas:

Have you had any breakthroughs with this yet?

Thanks

No. Pretty much stopped working on it.
With tivoserver handling mpgs now theres no need for 7.x on the DTivo now, so I lost my motivation and moved on to other projects. (One of these days maybe I'll actualy finish something!)

Vegas

mulscully
03-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Did you guys get this to work to the point of being able to use HME? I have a few Dtivos that are in the closet now that I am using FIOS, but would like to experiment with HME, I am not looking for Sat tuning or anything, just a booting tivo with 7.x so I can play with HME....

Any thoughts?

Jamie
03-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Did you guys get this to work to the point of being able to use HME? I have a few Dtivos that are in the closet now that I am using FIOS, but would like to experiment with HME, I am not looking for Sat tuning or anything, just a booting tivo with 7.x so I can play with HME....

Any thoughts?6.3x for the hdtivo has HME. I suspect it would be easier to get it running on a SD dtivo. The SA releases have diverged significantly from the dtivo release, and I think it isn't that likely you'll be able to get them to run on a dtivo any more.

mulscully
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
right, but my hd dtivo is on ebay right now...I have 3 sd dtivos in the closet so that is why I was thinking of that route...

Jamie
03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
right, but my hd dtivo is on ebay right now...I have 3 sd dtivos in the closet so that is why I was thinking of that route...Have you tried installing 6.3 on your sd dtivos? I'm just saying that's likely to be a lot easier than porting a SA software release. I've heard it has been successfully done before.

mulscully
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
That's a good idea.. I will have to look into that.. if anyone has a starting point, let me know