PDA

View Full Version : TyTool help, I've tried everying!

jorserpaq
09-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Ok before you judge me let me say that I've gotten this far hacking and such without putting on any post. I've probable spent 20 hours reading and researching into the late hours every night. I've got a problem with ty tool that I can't get around, I searched and found similar post but I've tried everything that was suggested and no luck.

I installed tserver and Nowshowing.tcl in the /var/hack folder on the 2.0 dtv tivo. I copied the files over in binary mode and did the chmod 777 to convert them to exec.. I then started the ty tool client and started the server all went well it shows connected here is what I get in the client screen:

"Telneting to the TIVO...
Connecting to '192.168.78.121'
Connected...
We got 'bash-2.02# ' which is the prompt!
bash-2.02# /var/hack/tserver -s /var/hack/NowShowing.tcl
Doing the Lowest PriorityFix...
Waiting for an incoming connection!"

All looks well then when I try to refresh to see what's in the now showing list I get:

"Connected...
Getting NowShowing data...
Sorry.. Could not obtain the list."

Here is what happens when I try to run Nowshowing.tcl directly from my hyperterminal

"bash-2.02# ./NowShowing.tcl
invalid attribute: TimeZone
while executing
"dbobj $setup get TimeZone"
("uplevel" body line 5)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set setup [db $db open /Setup]

# set defrecquality [dbobj $setup get RecordQuality]
set setuptz [dbobj $setup ..."
(procedure "init_db" line 45)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 480)"

I have movies that I've recorded with show up in the tivoweb UI and on the tivo itself. I've tried coping the files several times but I cannot get this to work.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Jose

All I need is another hobby with my obsesive compulsive nature I can't sleep at night just thinking about hacking the tivo!

eastwind
09-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Try the newer version of tserver (that doesn't require NowShowing.tcl at all). Or search for invalid attribute: TimeZone and you'll find that you need to replace a file with one you make yourself.

ew

kfcrary
09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Alternatively, you could extract your programs using MFS_FTP and still process them using TyTools.

ramgui
10-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Have you figured out this issue. I'm having the same problem.

I've tried different versions of tserver. I'm on 9r18.

The Only Druid
10-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Have you figured out this issue. I'm having the same problem.

I've tried different versions of tserver. I'm on 9r18.
This post tells me three things:
1) You don't know the difference between tserver and tytools
2) You don't have the latest version of TSERVER (NOT tytools) installed most likely.
3) You didn't read the existing responses to this thread, which clearly indicate the solution.

ramgui
10-12-2005, 12:51 AM
I know that tserver was bundled with the tytools9r18.zip and I did read the post on this thread but my search for Invalid Timezone came out with nothing after two tries. Finally found a replacement NowShowing.tcl that fixed my problem.
My previous monte hack on my Hughes SDVR80 (ver 3.x) had tserver from tytools9r14.zip working fine. After upgrading to 4.0.1b with a 250Gb, I have been getting either a "not a TIVO superblock" or the "invalid timezone" until I finally got the correct tserver and Nowshowing.tcl versions.

Now it's time to hack my new HR10-250.