PDA

View Full Version : Resetting CSO value

bkilgore
09-11-2005, 06:12 AM
So, I was in the middle of unscrambling some old shows using the unscramble.o module. I inserted the module, played the first couple seconds of the show, and ran the ciphercheck script to check the encryption status. Ciphercheck reported that my old shows were now indeed decrypted, but their CSO's were set, so I ran the csoscout script. Everything seemed perfect. All of my shows were decrypted and the CSO's were no longer set. As I'm grabbing some of the shows, however, there was a power outage at my house. When it came back on and the Tivo booted back up, all of my old shows were showing up as encrypted again, but the CSO values were still unset. The problem that this causes is that now it won't let me playback any of my old programs to initiate the decryption like before. Does anyone know a way around this, or a way to reset the CSO value so I can repeat my earlier success?

Thanks.

-brian

Jamie
09-11-2005, 11:25 AM
So, I was in the middle of unscrambling some old shows using the unscramble.o module. I inserted the module, played the first couple seconds of the show, and ran the ciphercheck script to check the encryption status. Ciphercheck reported that my old shows were now indeed decrypted, but their CSO's were set, so I ran the csoscout script. Everything seemed perfect. All of my shows were decrypted and the CSO's were no longer set. As I'm grabbing some of the shows, however, there was a power outage at my house. When it came back on and the Tivo booted back up, all of my old shows were showing up as encrypted again, but the CSO values were still unset. The problem that this causes is that now it won't let me playback any of my old programs to initiate the decryption like before. Does anyone know a way around this, or a way to reset the CSO value so I can repeat my earlier success?IIRC, ciphercheck "sees" an unscrambled stream when unscramble.o is loaded, even if the stream is really still scrambled. By nuking the cso keys, you threw away the key to the scrambler lock.

Your only hope is if the are cached somehwere. The mfs_ftp cache is one possibility, if you ran mfs_ftp since the shows were recorded and if it didn't refresh the cache after you nuked your keys.

Have a look at this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38086&highlight=cso+nuked) thread.